PDA

View Full Version : Busses at pofq?

Butters
08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
We'll be staying there in Feb, just wanted to get an idea of how bad the busses were here. Our last two trips have been to Pop and ASM, and I felt like the lines were always huge, and busses always packed.

We'll be taking our DD for her first trip (18 months) and that is one of the major reasons we paid for a moderate... But something keeps telling me I should upgrade up to a deluxe...

Disney4us2
08-31-2011, 01:45 PM
We stayed at POFQ in April and the busses were no problem. POFQ is the first pick up stop and the first drop off. The busses may or may not pick up at PO Riverside.

I was also there last week to visit the resort and the busses were no problem again.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Busses at POFQ aren't that bad at all! They get a bad rap sometimes, since in non-busy times POFQ and POR share, but even then it isn't that bad. Since POFQ is the first stop, you'll always get a seat :)

Lines can be long at park opening and closing (as they can be for any resort), but I really have no problems with them at all.

Enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

Butters
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Great news thanks! :thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Disney buses always seem to get a bad rap but our experience has been very good @ POFQ (and the other resorts we have stayed at). That is not to say that we haven't had a time or two that we had to wait a while for the bus or had a overly crowded bus at park closing (the buses are not a personal limo service afterall). I love the fact that I can take ME from ORL to my resort and use Disney transportation during my stay. No need to rent a car! No need to worry about directions parking, trams, finding my car after a long day at the parks, etc.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
In our experience, the POFQ busses are the very best of all the places we've stayed! The small size of the resort, only one bus stop, and being picked up before POR, makes it truly a great experience. The only time we ever had more than a five minute wait for any of the busses was waiting for the promised 7:00AM bus that didn't show until AFTER we caught a cab at 7:25. And no busses to wait for to get to Downtown! Take the boat!

You will have a GREAT time, and POFQ is great with a little one in a stroller, as it's not a big resort.

buzznwoodysmom
09-01-2011, 09:47 AM
We've only stayed at FQ once. We had no issues with the bus. It was somewhat slow, but we never shared with Riverside. I'm sure sharing with Riverside can be a pain, since you'll have to go through all their stops, but at least you get on first and have a better chance at a seat.

Darbylew
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
We have never had an issue for buses at POFQ.
Sometimes we have to wait a little longer than
we would like to but overall we have not had
any problems there. Have a great time! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
DECEMBER!!! :D

Butters
09-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the great info... I'm already counting down the days...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
You won't regret staying at POFQ. We've stayed there a couple of times. Busses were much faster than the ones at the values and the lines weren't that bad.