PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get that fever again....

cmshelton1979
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
We went down in May and it was great, not long enough though....never is though...

We don't have a trip planned in the foreseeable future...I was joking with my wife that I would go by myself if I could....she said if I could some how magically come up with the money, I could go....

I dont see that happening.....so I was wondering....what do you do when the fever strikes and financially its not realistic for a trip?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Save and plan until it is feasible...we only can afford to go every three years...the wait is hard

Aurora
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Come on Intercot and read and post... and read and post. :mickey:

wickedgin
08-31-2011, 02:37 PM
When I couldn't make it to WDW at the beginning of this year, I went to DLR! :D

The 'fever' has hit since then, and we have neither the time nor the temperament for a Florida summer, so I contacted my TA and got the ball rolling on our next trip. It makes me feel a little bit closer to Disney, scheduling ADRs and such. If I couldn't even afford to put a deposit on a vacation, I'd probably still visit here and the Disney blogs and read and dream, and probably plan a little anyway--like making a list of things I absolutely want to do/see/eat on my next trip to WDW.

MOJoe
08-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Buy a lottery ticket. :blush:

Gator
08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
That's easy! Come to websites like Intercot to post and read, go to WDW daily news sites, and then head over to weekly WDW magazine internet sites. All the while, listen to Disney music on the internet radio until it consumes you and you take your previous trip mementos like your Epcot trading pin, begin holding it, and say "MY PRECIOUS". At that point, going back won't matter because you'll always be there in your other personality :crazy::hatter:

darthmacho
08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Save and plan until it is feasible...we only can afford to go every three years...the wait is hard

Both of these statements are very true. You must do what you must do, and wait, save, and come here to vent.

I understand your pain. As you can see from my signature I waited 7 excruciatingly long years between 2003 and 2010 to be sure we had the money and that my kids were the "perfect age".
It was worth the wait, and I spent lots of time on these boards.
Meanwhile, the plan was to wait until 2013 to go again, but guess what? I got the fever early, so we're going a year early. Still unsure how we'll save up in time, but I'm going to make sure it happens. We take a trip somewhere every year regardless, so it's just a matter of coming up with the plane fare!

Good luck, and see you around! :mickey:

Dulcee
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I spend a lot of time on intercot.

I spend a lot of time with youtube videos of rides, generally I just listen to them in the background while working.

On days when its REALLY bad my fiance has been known to come home to me running the vacation planning video on a continuous loop. :blush:

We're hopefully headed back to the world Nov of 2012 for our honeymoon. Last trip was June of 09...its been and will continue to be, a looooong wait.

snowflakegirl
08-31-2011, 07:54 PM

me too.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Intercot, the WDW website, the Magical Journeys website, etc. Anywhere I can drool and thank goodness for a laptop that I can put up away from the drool.:mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
...so I was wondering....what do you do when the fever strikes and financially its not realistic for a trip?

Been living this nightmare the past three years. It ends this October.

When I'm "jonesing" for WDW, I try to find park music on the Internet. I spend lots of time on message boards (but that's a double-edge sword. So many other people going makes it even worse sometimes.) I wear some park apparel when I go out. (Nothing too obnoxious. Something from Mouse About Town.) At night, I tell my daughter a Day-at-Disney story. ("Today, we're staying at Coronado Springs. We get up early and take the long walk to the bus stop. We wait. And the first bus says????? 'Magic Kingdom!' And that's our bus...")

It doesn't sound like much, but it helps bridge between trips.

cmshelton1979
08-31-2011, 09:46 PM
My ipod and blackberry are so loaded with Disney...I also wear my Disney shirts around town...I wear my monorail shirt to work on Fridays...its so funny to have people try reading it....then they ask what that is...I'm like, "its Disney thing...you wouldn't understand"

I think I will be coming to post here more often to read and post

PETE FROM NYC
08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Doctors orders:

Take two turkey legs, a dole whip, and a frozen Mickey bar, and call me in the morning.

cmshelton1979
09-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Doctors orders:

Take two turkey legs, a dole whip, and a frozen Mickey bar, and call me in the morning.

I actually made my own dole whip and have some left in the freezer....not exactly soft serve, but its as close as I can get in Indiana!!!

MrPeetrie
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
cmshelton1979, if you want, I'll tell (post) a Day-At-Disney bedtime story...

Mousemates
09-01-2011, 01:47 PM

:ditto:...like I'm doing with frequency again right now.

texas211
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm the intensive planner type. I'm the one who brings spreadsheets, notebooks, and possibly my tablet when going to WDW.

So, when i'm jonesing, my fix is to work on my plans, review maps, etc. Watch lots of youtube videos and read forums like Intercot.

Sometimes a trip down to SeaWorld, Tx can help or the local Zoo.

cmshelton1979
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
cmshelton1979, if you want, I'll tell (post) a Day-At-Disney bedtime story...

Post away!!

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I go anyways. It is never finanially feasible for us, though. We only make around 45g a year and have 5 kids. We struggle no matter what so we go by what the deal is that year or use dvc points or tax returns. One trip is covered by tax returns and that buys us the passholders for the year. That is prob dvc trip. The next trip we will use our passholder discount to stay somewhere 40% off. The next trip will prob. be camping and we will park pound. camping trips are always park pounding trips and we are gone by 7am and dont come back till 1 or 2am. We have a disney visa but we prefer to have the trip paid off before we go, so my husband works a waiting job on the weekends, in addition to his normal full time job. This pays for Disney. He enjoys it too bc hes been there since he was 15 and knows everyone there. We keep the Disney money coming, this way, and We also homeschool which I think is significantly cheaper than sending 5 children to a public school district. We are busy all year long and we work hard to make it happen but basically we go whenever we want. Where there is a will, there is a way!!!:mickey:

texas211
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I actually made my own dole whip and have some left in the freezer....not exactly soft serve, but its as close as I can get in Indiana!!!

How hard is the dole whip?

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:33 PM
its not hard at all. its very much like soft serve. its not ice cream. its whipped up and very similar to dairy queen's ice cream.

johnO
09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
We've all got Disney fever too. Its coming up on a year since we were there last. Looks like we might not make it this year. The economy has caught up with us. We're making less money and increased prices on everything from groceries to gas is taking its toll. I really dont think we;ll make it this year. Which is a tough pill to swallow. I usually hit the boards, listen to my favorite WDW podcast, listen to the WDW stations on Live365 etc.. just to get a little WDW fix. I'd love to make it even for just a weekend this fall if we can to hold us over another year. I guess we'll see....