PDA

View Full Version : Getting locked in Magic Kingdom for the night

cmshelton1979
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about the movie "Magic Kingdom" where a family gets locked in MK for the night....I was wondering, if my family were to get locked in MK for the night, what would we do....

Lets take all of the logic out of this...because once the park closes, its not like you'd actually be alone...so just say, we're in a magical land and this is possible....after all....this is The Magic Kingdom we are talking about!!

I would have to start off with Splash Mountain, this is my most favorite ride in Disney....to be able to ride this then hop out and run straight back up....that'd be sweet...........:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Woohoo, I would ride everything and save Haunted Mansion for last...I would spend the rest of the night exploring the mansion.

kakn7294
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
So in a magical world where you are there truly alone but everything still works, I'd try to ride but I'd rather use the time to explore some of the attractions like PoTC and Haunted Mansion a little further. I want to take a look at the parts of the attractions and the backstage places that are off limits to the general public. I'd also be sure to take a look at the Castle suite.

c&d
08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd definitely be behind the scenes on all the rides to see what they are like.

I'd ride Space Mtn with the lights on.

I'd try the rides without any of the sound tracks.

But most of all I'd ride Peter Pan without getting off. There's always a long wait and the thought of being able to ride it again and again would be fun.

Finally, when I got tired I go to sleep in the Castle.

Auntie B
08-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I would start my night by flying over MK like Tink does right before the fireworks! What a view that would be!:thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-31-2011, 03:56 PM
I would take an hour for each of the six lands and explore them, riding the more detailed rides over and over to absorb the small stuff that is easy to miss. Also, I'd set aside some time for a midnight snack at the bakery! :mickey:

Gator
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
After exploring on foot Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates, I'd rush over to Swiss Family Tree House and head into the Captain's Quarters. Once there, I'd stare at the stars for a few minutes and then fall asleep. Just a personal dream of mine. Yes,yes, I'd put on bug spray before.

cmshelton1979
08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I would have to start off with Splash Mountain, this is my most favorite ride in Disney....to be able to ride this then hop out and run straight back up....that'd be sweet...........:)

I guess I wouldnt have to get off the ride if my family were the only ones there lol

JasonH
09-01-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd be taking a video of all the attractions b/c I wouldn't have to worry about getting told that I couldn't. After that I'd take a walk-through of certain attractions, namely POTC, HM, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventure, Winnie The Pooh and CoP and take still shots of many of the scenes but of course at a much closer angle. Finally, I'd end it all at the castle and going up into the suite. :D

the real Alice
09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
There are SO many things I would do! After riding the mountains multiple times I would fill up on Dole Whips and goodies from the bakery. I'd take tons of pictures without worring about the crowds around me :) I'd get first dibs on fast passes for the coming day. I wouldn't want to sleep and waste any time in the parks, but if I couldn't make it I'd nap on a bench in the Crystal Palace so I could get breakfast in the morning. :mickey:

iceicebritney
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I would definitely be checking out the behind the scenes stuff. I would also sneak my way into the castle's dream suit!

ValenciaCalling
09-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I would probably "borrow" some dole whip and then curl up next to Rover on CoP and fall asleep...haha. :cloud9:

Pirate Granny
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm a walk through type of gal...I would want to go behind the scenes and figure out just where everything fits...and where they store the ride vehicles...

Would like to walk around the space mountain base to see the basketball court.

And best of all, would get a behind the scene look at the new additions going up in Fantasyland.

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
If this idea is appealing to you then you should read the kingdom keepers series.

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
. . . I was wondering, if my family were to get locked in MK for the night, what would we do . . .

Maybe get arrested?

IloveDisney71
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
What a great question. :thumbsup:
I would want to ride some rides for sure. I would want to ride Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Winnie the Pooh because I hardly ever ride those because of the long lines. I'd love to sneak around & see what's going on behind the wall in Fantasyland expansion. I think it would be fun to ride Space Mt. with the lights on like a previous poster said - that would be something different! I think it would be lots of fun to be able to walk around & take lots of pictures without tons of people I don't know in the background. I'd have to have a Mickey Ice Cream Bar and some fudge from the candy store on main street. Then right before the sun comes up it would be time for me to go up into Cinderella's suite so I could sleep until about noon! :D

Main Street Jim
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Would like to walk around the space mountain base to see the basketball court.It's not at WDW's - or even Disneyland's - Space Mountain :) The "basketball court" is only a half-court, and it's in the "attic" of the Matterhorn at Disneyland in California ;) Not really much to see at WDW's Space except maybe walk around the track area with the lights on, to see really *how tight* the two tracks fit together.

crltkcagle
09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I would like to explore the castle more. Like the behind the scenes stuff. I would also like to see the tunnels that run underground and how they look/operate. Of course I would ride POC over and over again without having to get off.

lizzi6692
09-03-2011, 02:21 AM
I'd definitely be behind the scenes on all the rides to see what they are like.

I'd ride Space Mtn with the lights on.

I'd try the rides without any of the sound tracks.

But most of all I'd ride Peter Pan without getting off. There's always a long wait and the thought of being able to ride it again and again would be fun.

Finally, when I got tired I go to sleep in the Castle.

I've actually ridden Space Mountain with the lights on(about halfway through they got turned on, never found out why) and it actually is no fun. Without it being dark its just another roller coaster.

caryrae
09-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I would change the Casey's hot dogs back to they way they used to be. I would like to explore all over underneath the MK and check out the suite in the castle.

tinkerbellvr123
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I would probably "borrow" some dole whip and then curl up next to Rover on CoP and fall asleep...haha. :cloud9:

That sounds like a great ideaa! LOL :mickey:

dizneydeb22
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I would love to explore the castle and ride the most popular rides without the lines. Definitely look at the expansion progress. I don't think I would ride the dark rides with the lights on. Part of the magic is the unknown, but I would slow down the vehicles in each ride so that I could try to take in as much detail as possible!
And I would finally try the Astro Orbitor since noone would be able to see me freak out! I am extremely scared of heights so I won't ride it. I don't want to ruin the experience for the other guests in case I do freak out!