PDA

View Full Version : Best TS for "picky" eater

Cara121078
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
We will be going again next Aug. with my mom and dad, yay! My mom is an EXTREMELY picky eater, no fancy or exotic stuff for her :(... I have never had to plan around this before, since me, my husband and kids are pretty adventurous when it comes to food. We will be on the dining plan and will have 8 TS meals. My dad is not a big buffet person, so that also complicates things a bit. (Sheesh, you would think it would be my 4 little ones that would be the problem, right? lol) So far I am thinking Rose and Crown, Captain's Grille and Garden Grill...After that, I'm stuck. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
The food at Garden Grill is rather "simple" (i.e., no sauce, etc.) so that may be an option. Captain's Grill would be another good option in that the proteins are prepared rather simply and you could ask for whatever she wants to be simply grilled. Rose and Crown could pose more of a problem.

The good thing is that menus for these restaurants are available online. Maybe you could show them to her and ask which she might prefer.

WDWForever
08-31-2011, 07:41 AM
I'd also suggest Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Again recommend viewing menus beforehand just in case which you can find below.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

Butters
08-31-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm also a fairly picky eater, but I'll always have room for Steak... and I've found almost any TS I've been to has at least one steak option if I don't find anything else.

Also not sure if they will eat Italian, but there is Tuto Italia, Tony's, Mama Melrose, and Via Napoli (pizza)

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2011, 08:29 AM
I'd also suggest Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Again recommend viewing menus beforehand just in case which you can find below.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

I agree with all those plus the Plaza, Lecellier and Hoop Dee Doo

SBETigg
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Keep in mind that you can request basics anywhere. A lot of the meals that seem fancy can be easily toned down to more basic presentations. That way, everyone is happy.

Otherwise, you've had some good suggestions here. 'Ohana might actually work, too. The meat skewers and some accompaniments are really pretty basic.

Pooh Fan
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
2 places I have had success at with a combination of little ones, picky eaters and non-buffet are Whispering Canyon and Ohana. Lots of fun to keep the little ones happy and a pretty basic menu.

Scott C
08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't be afraid of Biergarten -- the food might sound exotic - but most of it isn't. Don't be fooled by the names of the dishes on the menu.

Thanks
Scott C

Gator
08-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd definitely go with Liberty Tree Tavern - it's Thanksgiving food served all year round. Also, San Angel - I'd never eat here because it's far too plain and Americanized, so mom should love it.

And to pay her back for eating at all the plain places, take her to Club Cool and have her try the Beverly.;)

LudwigVonDrake
09-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Garden Grill, 50s Prime Time and Plaza are the first restaurants that come to mind :tasty: