PDA

View Full Version : What are the Aerosmith songs played during your Rock N Roller Coaster ride?

B.O.B
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it is a mix but I just can't remember which songs they play.

Goofeygal
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
The 2 I remember are Walk this way and dude looks like a lady.

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't remember them all, but I do know that sometimes its a single song, and sometimes its a mix.

paragon
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I seem to recall two- SWEET EMOTION, and LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR ( dubbed to Love on a roller coaster )

snowflakegirl
08-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Love in an Elevator gets played. I've heard that a few times. As you pull into the station at the end the last "love in an elevator" is "love in a rollercoaster".

Mufasa
08-30-2011, 08:08 PM
The songs are specific to which "Limo" you're in (designated by the license plate).

BUHBYE - Young Lust, F.I.N.E. and Love in a Roller Coaster (the lyric is changed as you enter the unloading area)
H8TRFFC - Back in the Saddle and Dude (Looks Like a Lady)
UGOBABE - Love in an Elevator and Walk This Way
1QKLIMO - Nine Lives
2FAST4U - Sweet Emotion (live)

There are actually 6 limo trains, and one will always be rotated out for maintenance (so they will swap the license plates and the appropriate songs to match on each train as they go through the rotation).

In addition, there is a default track- What Kind of Love are You On? (with lyrics changed to What Kind of Ride are You On) which can be used on any of the trains if there is a technical problem for example with the synchronized onboard audio system.

Altair
08-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I think we need to credit sources here. That's straight off of Wikipedia word for word.

Mufasa
08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
I think we need to credit sources here. That's straight off of Wikipedia word for word.

For the record, the information actually comes off a WDW info fact sheet (for media) and personal recollection for some details, but thanks for the accusation of plagiarism

Mousemates
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
not sure where the above info originally came from (nor do I particularly care)...but whatever the source, its pretty interesting...I never knew the soundtracks were "stretch limo specific"...thanks for posting it mufasa.

Buttercup
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
And Altair, considering Mufasa is a Disney Imagineer, I'll take his word for it. :mickey:

A Big Kid
08-31-2011, 08:00 AM
The 2 I remember are Walk this way and dude looks like a lady.

I still can not believe that song is played at WDW. Google the lyrics.

I never really listened to the words until my buddy's 8 year old son was singing them in the car one day. OMG!!

magicofdisney
08-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I still can not believe that song is played at WDW. Google the lyrics.

I never really listened to the words until my buddy's 8 year old son was singing them in the car one day. OMG!!

Wow, I never knew either...

If you know how to read between the lines, that becomes an x-rated song. Maybe these lyrics were also changed for the ride.

Bay Lake
08-31-2011, 08:36 AM
I remember going through a loop and hearing "The Other Side". Because every time I hear that song i think of RRC.

Ms. Mode
08-31-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm glad to know I'm not crazy! I told my DD they had changed the songs on RnRC but she said "No they didn't"...Mom's right...SWEET :thumbsup:

Mufasa
08-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Maybe these lyrics were also changed for the ride.

The portion of Walk This Way was not changed for the attraction from what I recall- the section used is the verse that starts with "Seesaw swingin' with the boys in the school" and on to the chorus

When songs are featured as the soundtrack for an attraction they can be heavily edited- good example of this was Around the World by the Red Hot Chili Peppers when that was used for Rockin' California Screamin' at DCA. In that case lyrics in sections used were not necessarily changed but the song was otherwise chopped up and verses rearranged or entirely dropped.

ransam
08-31-2011, 11:51 AM
in regard to the songs played... thanks for the info. that is interesting. i never knew t hat. just another thing i can point out to my friends when we go.

in regard to the lyrics, i do agree.......i also think it's funny when i hear the song by AC/DC "you shook me all night Long" played at sporting events....that is a very inappropriate song for a location that might have children around.

azcavalier
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM
For the record, the information actually comes off a WDW info fact sheet (for media) and personal recollection for some details, but thanks for the accusation of plagiarism

I can't believe anyone actually thinks that taking something from Wikipedia is plagiarizing. Guys, the whole point of Wikipedia is that anyone, anonymously, can change an entry on Wikipedia. It's why you can't actually use it as a citation or reference in any kind of academic paper.

Saying that taking something from Wikipedia is plagiarizing is kind of like saying that you're plagiarizing your aunt when you repeat a story she told you.

Mousemates
08-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Saying that taking something from Wikipedia is plagiarizing is kind of like saying that you're plagiarizing your aunt when you repeat a story she told you.

Michael Scott from the Office said it best “Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world, can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.”

cmshelton1979
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Michael Scott from the Office said it best “Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world, can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.”

If this were Facebook, I'd have to like this post!:beer:

PirateLover
09-01-2011, 11:18 AM
My hubby must have rode in 1QKLIMO a few times on our last trip, because he kept getting 9 Lives! I got Love in an Elevator/Walk This Way and Back in the Saddle/Dude Looks Like a Lady.

I remember going through a loop and hearing "The Other Side". Because every time I hear that song i think of RRC.
I know it plays on the music loop outside of the ride, waiting in line, and in the gift shop.

jonahbear2006
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
its true. I read it in a disney book but not sure which one, as I have read a dozen of those books. Each limo has a specific song and each person hears the same PART of the song at the same SPOT in the ride so that everyone is getting the same exact ride as the person in front of you, otherwise you would be hearing music at diff. parts of the ride. Once I rode and my speaker was out on my car, that stunk big time. but not until recently did i even realize that I was hearing different songs on diff. rides. once we found out we paid more attention and sure enough. we rode twice in a row, once getting dude looks like a lady and 2nd time getting sweet emotion.