PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Windows?

Wall-e
08-30-2011, 03:15 PM
I have read that a lot of people like to decorate their windows in their resort rooms. We will be there in October and I like the idea of putting up halloween decorations and lights :mpumpkin:. I am not sure how to go about hanging the lights. Any suggestions? At this point I am thinking scotch tape would be the way to go?

Thanks!

DisneyMom12
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I would use the suction cup hook things. I think that would hold better than tape.

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
We did Halloween decorations at POFQ once and I used suction cup hooks for the lights. It worked great and didn't leave any residue on the windows when we left. Also window clings are really cute and don't leave a mess. That was really important to us, to not leave behind any signs of our decorations for housekeeping!

Renfairwedding
08-30-2011, 09:05 PM
We use suction cups for our lights and Not So Scary Halloween garland then place our Mickey and Eeyore pyrite stuff toys and a CVS "boo to you" sign on the sill.

Just be sure to bring a SAFE in good condition extension cord. I have a breaker protected heavy duty power block I use to also charge my wheel chair, portable radio, video and still cameras.

:mpumpkin: :pumpkin: :bat:

HAVE FUN BE SAFE!

brownie
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
3M Command Strips would work, too, I think. They have a style with hooks if you need hooks.

minnie04
08-31-2011, 08:46 AM
You could use suction cups with hooks, they have them at the dollar store. I brought a light up pumpkin (Mickey of course) Walgreens had them and they have the Mickey Ghost too that lights up with different colors. The only problem with those two is they only take batteries. We just bought a 12 pack and had plenty to leave them on over night... it looked so cool :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
You could use suction cups with hooks, they have them at the dollar store. I brought a light up pumpkin (Mickey of course) Walgreens had them and they have the Mickey Ghost too that lights up with different colors. The only problem with those two is they only take batteries. We just bought a 12 pack and had plenty to leave them on over night... it looked so cool :mickey:

We had both the Mickey pumpkin and ghost (as well as a snowman for Christmas) from Walgreens. We were there for just 4 nights, but I didn't have to change the batteries at all, and we left them on a lot.

Wall-e
08-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Sounds like suction cups are the way to go. Can't believe I didn't think of them! I think I see a trip to Walgreens in my near future, I hope I can find some cute Disney stuff like you guys have found!

buzznwoodysmom
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Sounds like suction cups are the way to go. Can't believe I didn't think of them! I think I see a trip to Walgreens in my near future, I hope I can find some cute Disney stuff like you guys have found!

Yes, go to Walgreens. They have the cutest Halloween, Fall, and Christmas Disney stuff. I'm sure they have other holidays as well, such as Easter, but I've never shopped for Easter stuff there. I would think in the next couple of weeks they'll start putting out their Halloween/Fall merchandise! Happy shopping!

Wall-e
09-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Ok, I went to Walgreens! I got some Disney window clings that are really cute! I don't think they will work in the window though. They stick to the window with the picture facing away from the window, so you wouldn't see them from the outside. I am guessing that gel clings is reallly what I need?

I did find some necklaces that I am really excited about though! They are orange beads with a Mickey pumpkin head that lights up. Can't wait to wear them at MNSSHP!