PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Season 13

Ed
08-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, I used to enjoy DWTS.

The contestants for the new season have been announced.

Chaz Bono ????? :confused:

Nancy Grace ????? :sick:

I had to look at the date on the announcement to make sure it wasn't an April Fools Day prank.

Excuse me; I've got to go delete DWTS from the DVR's timers.

:down:

VWL Mom
08-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Totally agree. What a disappointment!

Melanie
08-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Full cast list:

• Ricki Lake, 42, actress and talk-show host

• Ron Artest, 31, NBA star

• Kristin Cavallari, 24, former star of Laguna Beach and The Hills

• Chynna Phillips, 43, pop singer

• David Arquette, 39, actor

• Carson Kressley, 41, TV personality and style expert

• Nancy Grace, 51, HLN host and legal commentator

• J.R. Martinez, 28, Army vet and All My Children star

• Hope Solo, U.S. soccer player

• Rob Kardashian, 24, Keeping Up With the Kardashians star

• Elisabetta Canalis, 32, Italian actress and, not that it matters, George Clooney's ex-girlfriend

• Chaz Bono, 42, author and star of Becoming Chaz, son of Cher and Sonny Bono

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Yeah, its a little weird.....

Lynn J Mc
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Totally agree. ABC is losing me.

Melanie
08-30-2011, 09:53 AM
I like Chynna Phillips, as I used to be a big Wilson Phillips fan, and wish she'd get paired with Maks. BUT, I seem to recall him tweeting earlier in the summer that he'd love for Hope Solo to come on the show, so I'm guessing that's a pairing there.

Derek is going to be back this season. :ack: What a HOOT if they put him with Nancy Grace! But we know the PTB would never do that to their golden boy. He'll get Elisabetta Canalis or Kristen Cavallari.

Yes, some of the 'stars' are lacking this season, but no more so than some of the other past seasons, IMO.

JanetMegan
08-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't even watch the show and I was slightly revolted at the cast list...

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
I was not planning on watching again this season, but I love Carson Kressly so I'll be tuned in the first week to see how he does.

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I actually thought it was an interesting cast list, compared to other years. I might watch just to see J.R. Martinez--he's a great guy and a good actor. I was wondering what he was going to be doing, now that All My Children is coming to a close.

Christine
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm out:ack:

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I know who Ed is expressing disbelief about, but just curious--who else on this list is everyone put off by? I just don't see it as being any more unusual than in seasons past.

Melanie
08-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Pairs revealed this morning:

Ricki Lake - Derek Hough

Ron Artest - Peta Murgatroyd

Kristin Cavallari - Mark Ballas

Chynna Phillips - Tony Dovolani

David Arquette - Kym Johnson

Carson Kressley - Anna Trebunskaya

Nancy Grace - Tristan McManus

J.R. Martinez - Karina Smirnoff

Hope Solo - Maksim Chmerkovskly

Rob Kardashian - Cheryl Burke

Elisabetta Canalis - Val Chmerkovskly

Chaz Bono - Lacey Schwimmer

Christine
08-31-2011, 11:02 PM
To me it's not nearly the star studded cast- used to you didn't have to read the description- you just knew the names. Yawn

MNNHFLTX
08-31-2011, 11:42 PM
To me it's not nearly the star studded cast- used to you didn't have to read the description- you just knew the names. YawnSee, I knew all the names, except for Ron Artest and Kristin Cavallari. I'm not a fan of all of them (Rob Kardashian--yuck!), but that's no different than any other season. Anyway, I will probably watch, at least initially, and we'll see what happens.

Melanie
09-01-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm anxious to see Maks' brother Val. To me, sometimes it's more about the pro than the 'star'.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
What is the big draw for this show anyhow?
Isn't the point to watch someone who isn't a dancer learn to dance?

Honestly not a fan here so the cast doesn't really matter to me.

Thumbs up for Chynna and Chaz though!

Just for the record I have never watched a single episode of DWTS.
I'll stick to seeing the highlights on the View.

:smickey:

MissMaryPoppins
09-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I watched Dancing with the stars once during the first season and never again. When I saw this list for the season the two names I saw that made me roll my eyes were Nancy Grace and Rob Kardashian. I don't understand why people are so fascinated by the Kardashians. They're not likable, interesting, or talented and in my opinion don't deserve any of the attention they get. What I liked about the show when I watched it was how everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves with their dancing and I just don't see Nancy Grace being this way. To me she seems to have no sense of humor and is way too serious. Maybe she'll loosen up and have some fun. I see her turning out like Kate Gosselin though. Not taking any of her partner's advice, not trying, and being witchy.

Niecyboo
09-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I really enjoyed last night's show! I was really looking forward to JR Martinez, and he didn't disappoint. I was also touched by David Arquette. There were several others I liked as well, but I am guessing Mac's younger brother will be going home tonight. His Star just doesn't have the fan base and I thought she seemed stiff both on and off the dance floor.

coloradowendyl
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Val's partner, Elisabetti speaks limited english and my guess is that she does not understand everything that is being said. If you watched her face on Monday and last night when she was in front of the judges and Tom, she looked very confused most of the time.

There was an article about her on the internet and while she is not known here for much other than being George Clooney's ex, it also talked about how she is hoping to improve her English skills to stay in the states and work.

Melanie
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
The right person went home this week. I'm disappointed the male 'sports' person this year wasn't more appealing. I usually really enjoy them.

Return of the Hough? :ack: But, I will say Mark is becoming more annoying by the day. I watched just him the other night and tuned out Kristen, and he really does seem to showcase himself more than the other pros.

I loved Chynna, David and JR! I think Hope will improve. And my goodness, did I love Travis!! I know he won't be around long, so I sure hope he returns in the spring with a dancer who has potential.

coloradowendyl
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
JR, David, and Chynna are my favorites, but Carson definitely needs to stick around for awhile just for the humor of it! And I have to say, Anna looked awesome Monday night. She nevers wears that color...wondering if Carson styled her?

Mark is over the top again. I used to like him,but his ego has taken over! He had better watch out, that new troope member Sasha could definitely give him a run for his money based on last night!

MNNHFLTX
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
JR, David, and Chynna are my favorites, but Carson definitely needs to stick around for awhile just for the humor of it! I totally agree on all points. I was so looking forward to J.R. dancing and he didn't disappoint.

Melanie
09-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Oh yes, totally meant to include Carson in my favs. Never a viewer of Queer Eye, but of course I knew of him. What a hoot!!! And I really like Anna as well.

Niecyboo
09-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh yes! Carson better stick around for a while, just for the entertainment value. I really think I will like this season.

TheDuckRocks
09-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh yes! Carson better stick around for a while, just for the entertainment value. I really think I will like this season.

:exactly: He was every bit as funny as I had hoped he would be and for a non-dancer he did fairly well.

MNNHFLTX
11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't who all is still watching, but tonight I just have to say that J. R. Martinez and Karina were magical! I would love to see them win it all!

Niecyboo
11-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I completely agree, and was coming on to say the same thing! The first dance took my breath away. He has been my husband and my favorite from day one.

I have also heard he will be the Grand Marshall for the Rose Parade. He deserves to go far in whatever he does next.

Melanie
11-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Beth, I'm still watching and love JR as well. He's even made Karina likeable! :secret: I truly think he deserves to win, and if he doesn't and Derek does, I'll likely not ever watch again. I'm so over him and his mugging. :ack:

Also, I've just fallen in love with Tristan. I susre hope he comes back next season with a real contender so we can see what he can do. He's actually done pretty well with Nancy.

MNNHFLTX
11-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Also, I've just fallen in love with Tristan. I susre hope he comes back next season with a real contender so we can see what he can do. He's actually done pretty well with Nancy.Tristan deserves a medal for everything he's accomplished with Nancy. My goodness, she likes to kvetch! And she was telling him to listen to her because she knows better? :shake:

wildernesslady
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
We are all JR fans. I hope he wins. I would also like to see Rob in the finals.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Michael Jackson Cirque routine also tonight.

RAIDER
11-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Were a episode behind in the UK but i have to say when Max had a go at Len saying he should retire etc and it was his show ,was totally out of order !!! ....The blokes an idiot...

Its called dancing with the starts not dancing with MAX :thedolls:

Melanie
11-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Were a episode behind in the UK but i have to say when Max had a go at Len saying he should retire etc and it was his show ,was totally out of order !!! ....The blokes an idiot...

Its called dancing with the starts not dancing with MAX :thedolls:

Well, I will admit Max was a bit out of order, but I get his underlying frustration. Those judges fall all over Derek and make no bones about it with their comments and over-inflated scores. I personally don't get the attraction. :ack:

RAIDER
11-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Well, I will admit Max was a bit out of order, but I get his underlying frustration. Those judges fall all over Derek and make no bones about it with their comments and over-inflated scores. I personally don't get the attraction. :ack:

Melanie i agree with you on Derek and Ballas isnt far behind him ( was glad when he got the boot early his face was priceless )
But like him or loath Derek ,Derek is a brilliant dancer and coreographer and we have a UK show and i have to say he is miles ahead of our lot ( Derek that is ) . But i do wish they would let the judges judge its their job to pick the faults ( dont worry its the same in the UK ) .They have to get tougher after the halfway mark in order for them to improve ...MY GOD i am beggining to sond like Len now :D:D;)

MNNHFLTX
11-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Finally getting around to posting on here about this week's show. I have to say that I'm not heartbroken about Hope and Maks being voted off. I couldn't believe how mouthy Hope was being with the judges; even Maks was trying to cover up her mouth with his hand. And from a dancing point-of-view, she did seem to be one of the weaker ones this week. I just hope that JR bounces back from that twisted ankle and has a better time next week. I've really enjoyed watching him and Karina this season, mainly because he seemed to enjoy what he was doing, up until this week.

Melanie
11-23-2011, 07:54 AM
So totally pleased and thrilled with the outcome. JR was the best dancer there and totally deserved the win. What an incredible story! And as much as I've disliked Karina in the past, last season with Ralph and this season with JR, she has really grown on me. I'm glad a new pro took home the mirror ball.

I'm not even upset with Rob being second. He improved by leaps and bounds this season (isn't that what the show is about?) and he doesn't seem to possess all the annoying characteristics of his fame loving family.

I will admit I was thrilled when Ricki and Derek were eliminated early on. To the dismay of the judges I'm sure, the viewership spoke! :clappy:

I thought it was a great finale. Loved the tweaking of spotlight dances and so happy that Chynna nailed her M:I dance. :thumbsup:

princessgirls
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Melanie! JR Martinez is a class act, and taught us all a valuable life lesson. Beauty comes from within, and you know what, I don't see JR's scars, I see him as a vibrant person giving people hope!
He served our country and paid a high price, but has overcome!!!
Dancing with the Stars got it right, and I think even Rob and Cheryl were OK with it!!!!

I must admit, that this was not my favorite season, for various reasons... but I was happy with the outcome.
Julie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
11-23-2011, 08:23 PM
I will admit I was thrilled when Ricki and Derek were eliminated early on. To the dismay of the judges I'm sure, the viewership spoke! :clappy:
I thought about you when they were eliminated. ;)

I was so very happy to see J.R. and Karina win! He puts his whole heart into whatever he does and it showed in his dancing. I thought Rob did a great job too the last few weeks. Really, it was a very satisfactory ending to the season. :)