PDA

View Full Version : Night Experience

NH Disneyfan
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
So on our recent trip to WDW last week, we stayed at the Beach Club Villas. My first real summer trip to The World was incredibly hot & steamy during the day and incredibly amazing at night.

Stormalong Bay, might I say, is an incredible place after dark. The air was about 80 degrees, the water at least 85. Walking up to the water slide after getting wet was not "cold" but could be considered cool at 10pm, especially with a small line to wait in at 40 feet in the air. Finally though, the experience was fantastic. Sitting in that warm water, sliding in that warm water, having the waterfall spray with warm water, and finally splashing down in that bath-water pool was fantastic. It is an experience I highly recommend to everyone.

What is your favorite night-time experience?

Awesome_guy
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
My favourite night experience is taking in the MK; I have to admit, it's not only a favourite... but I feel almost compelled to ride many attractions such as BTMR, Splash Mountain , TTA, Jungle Cruise, and the Speedway both at daytime AND during nighttime to feel I've really experienced everything in a trip.

Wishes and the Nighttime parade are the night-time experiences I feel I need to get in twice, too. And I love what the other parks have to offer, too.

I've never stayed at Yacht or Beach, but this last trip we stayed at Dolphin and took in Beaches and Cream; those pools are beautifully lit and do look awfully inviting. Over Springtime hardly a sole was in there.

Mousemates
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
favorite resort nighttime experiences:

watching wishes from a honeymoon room at WL

late night ping pong at the beach club

watching four different simultaneous firework shows from the walkway outside our room at Pop Century on New Years Eve.

"walking home" to the Contemporary after evening extra magic hours at the MK.

Street performers at the Boardwalk.

Pirate Granny
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
WOW...the last time we stayed at BCV the pool closed at 8:00pm...whenndid it start staying open so late????

McLiberal8
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Riding the Peoplemover at night, during Wishes. I stay on through the whole show, and get a great view of the fireworks every now and then, and a nice cool breeze.

Awesome_guy
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Oops, sorry for the off-topic post here... just caught that this was the accommodations area and didn't post a nighttime resort experience. Would it count if I loved getting to MK at night by boat after a fantastic dinner or drink from a MK resort? :blush:

darthmacho
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Brilliant topic!!!! :mickey:

Resorts are great places to enjoy the after dark hours of WDW, just another reason to stay on property. Here are some of mine:

1998: Wilderness Lodge

Exploring the resort on the first night of our honeymoon and first night ever in WDW. The highlight was stumbling upon the Electrical Water Pageant, not previously knowing what it was!
Poly Luau - Not our resort, but we saw the EWP a second time, and enjoyed the show, plus fireworks from the Poly beach.
A window seat for our sunset dinner at Artist Point!

1999: Coronado Springs

A window seat for a sunset/moonrise dinner at Maya Grill on our first night, and a nighttime stroll through the resort.
A nighttime swim at one of the great WDW resort pools, the Dig Site.
Just gazing at the view of El Centro from across the lake thanks to our Cabanas room with water view.

2003: All Star Music

Night swimming, and holding my then 2yo DD, who was lying flat on her back, floating in the water in perfect contentment. I'll never forget her face at that moment. :cry: (Sentimental moment.)
Escaping the family briefly for a run to the pool bar for a Pina Colada!

2010: Port Orleans Riverside

Dinner at Boatwright's followed by a sunset carriage ride around the grounds of POR and POFQ. Awesome first night.
Several late night dinners at Riverside Mill, which I felt was our "home base" for that trip.
Sneaking over to the bar while the family went swimming at Old Man Isle. They had a lot of really nice rum based drinks there. LOL.

jenperich
08-30-2011, 02:54 AM
darthmacho - you always have the nicest stories! I hope when I start bringing my children to WDW, I can have as nice of stories as you share.

My best nighttime experiences involve the time I've just spent with my husband. Whether it's walking around POR, night swimming at ASSp, or spending time in the Top of the World lounge. We're headed to BWV this time around, so I'm sure we'll have plenty of stories!

Katzateer
08-30-2011, 08:21 AM
I love walking around the MK the last hour the park is open- it feels so magical. And I love the studios after dark- especially during the Christmas holidays. I don't enjoy EPCOT as much at night- it seems really dark in areas around the World Showcase.

And I love the Poly beach and the water parade ad listening to the boats and sounds from the MK ( train whistles and Haunted Mansion).

darthmacho
08-30-2011, 10:24 AM
darthmacho - you always have the nicest stories! I hope when I start bringing my children to WDW, I can have as nice of stories as you share.

Thank you. :mickey:

WDW makes the stories for us. I'm just lucky enough to experience them, and happy to share them with everyone! I love reading other people's stories too. Can't wait to hear yours!

c&d
08-30-2011, 11:10 AM
The first time we stayed at DL (now POR) in the AB section. It was so nice walking back to our room at night from the bus stop. Just felt like you were in a completely different place from all the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Another time at DL we were in the mansion section with MIL, SIL and we had to take the windy path back to our room, it was so quiet and peaceful walking back.

Boardwalk walking along the boardwalk after everything had closed heading back to our room.

AKL being lucky enough to be at Arusha Rock by yourself late at night.

Walking back to our villa at WL from the boat. I love the way the resort paths are lit at night.

Boat ride from the MK to our resort at night. It's nice to see everything all lit up.

CSR walking around the resort at night and then laying down in the hammocks watching the stars.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I love the nighttime fireworks and the nighttime parades, just a perfect ending to perfect days....