PDA

View Full Version : kiss goodnight

cfoshe
08-29-2011, 05:57 PM
I have read on here a few months ago about the kiss goodnight at MK that is done every now and then. Well I have downloaded the app mobile magic from verizon. It is free now and as I was looking at the calander it shows that the kiss goodnight is schedule for tonight at 10:30. Now of course it will be hard for me to see it since I am sitting in Missouri.

Pop Centurion
08-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I thought they did it every night.

cfoshe
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
That I don't know but the app only shows it for tonight but not the next 3 days.

Jillirose
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
What is the Kiss Goodnight? Somehow we've missed it!

NH Disneyfan
08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Google "magic kingdom kiss goodnight" and there's a youtube video and it is part of the wikipedia entry about the castle.

IloveDisney71
09-02-2011, 09:50 PM
I saw it during one of my last trips. We just happened to be leaving the park very late one night. We were walking down Main Street and it started. We turned around and watched it - it brought tears to my eyes but that happens to me a lot at WDW! :blush: It's just something simple but special - magical - Disney.

Main Street Jim
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
It usually happens 1/2 hour after and 45 minutes after the "official" park closing time as guests may still be in the park shopping and stuff on Main Street. It's *very cool* if you've never actually seen it :)

rmsongs
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
When I read the posts about the "Kiss Goodnight" I had no idea what it was. I followed a link and found video on YouTube. We've actually seen this a couple times, but I never knew it had a name. What else don't I know about my favorite place???:confused: I'm going to tell my wife that we have to plan a trip right away, now that we know what it's called.:) Hey, it's worth a shot, right?

drosenbe
09-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Since no one really described it, I'll try.
The Kiss Goodnight is a final 'goodnight' message from 'Mr Disney Voice', with the castle's lights changing color and very sentimental music, thanking everyone for coming and wishing everyone a good night. If you were at park opening or rope drop, it is a perfect complement to those events bringing a (hopefully) magical day to an end.
I saw if for the first time our last trip (Jan 2010) and a stranger walked up to me after and said that I had the biggest smile on my face watching it.

Janmac
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
The first time I remember noticing it was when we were having supper at Ohana's and could see through the window the Castle changing colors. It was so pretty and serene and such a contrast to the interior of Ohana's. We were even several tables from the window. We just thought how neat and figured it was another Disney touch. We had never heard of the Kiss Goodnight.

Several visits later we were sitting at tables outside of Casey's eating ice cream cones and watching Wishes, and just kept sitting and eating ice cream until the Kiss Goodnight came along. It was even better up close, but a bit distracting were the CMs moving those noisy street cleaning machines along. I couldn't help but think Walt would have frowned on that, while guests were still in the park.

Jan