PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader/ Darth Maul Battle??

poohbearkris
08-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Can anybody tell me where you sign up to battle Darth Vader/ Darth Maul? Also, Is it like a fast pass or how does it work. Do you have to be there first thing in the morning?? Thanks!!

Mogie
08-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Im pretty sure this is the Jedi Training show they have a number of times per day in front of Star Tours. Its pretty cool, but its for little kids too, I think you have to be 12 and under. All the kids get Jedi Robes and a lightsaber and a Jedi Master trains them on stage. Then suddenly Darth Vader or Darth Maul comes out and the kids get to duel them. I think its usually one or the other but sometimes both come out if there is a large crowd.

I'm 30 and was devastated that its just for kids....

Oh! Theres a cool video on youtube where this little girl refused to fight Darth Vader and instead kneels in front of him and turns to the dark side. Really cute and funny.

Strmchsr
08-29-2011, 03:33 PM
To answer your question - they begin handing out times to children in the morning and go until all the allotted show times have been given out. It's only a very limited number that get to participate each day.

mrmcgiv
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
You can sign up inside the sounds dangerous attraction (which is close to Star Tours). They start sign ups at opening and they sign up about 12 kids per show until there are no spots left. There are several shows. When we were there in Aug all spots were full by 11am or so. They will give you your time to return to sounds dangerous (it is closed attraction). It rained last week when we were there. Our time was 6:40 and we signed up at 10 or so... We got a Very rushed photo op wit darth and storm troopers which was a huge disappointment. They had the photpass guys there, I personally think they should give you a free photopass picture too or else do something else more interactive with the characters, We were so rushed!

RBrooksC
08-31-2011, 01:34 PM
My son got to do this during Star Wars Weekends. It was fantastic. My son was in the group that stayed on the ground and fought Darth Maul. While Darth Vader did all the "talking" during the fight, I thought Darth Maul look very menacing and very authentic. He never smiled and looked like he was really fighting and attacking the children. My son had a blast and we have great photos and a full video of it.

It is hard for me to tell people about where and times because it was different during that weekend. However, I do know usually it is at Sounds Dangerous. I have heard they sell out in about fifteen minutes or so. However, we stood in line for a good ten min and still got a pass for him so on busy days when they double the children per show, it may be longer before they sell out.

poohbearkris
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info. We are planning on getting there at opening, so we will just head over to Sounds Dangerous first thing.
Thanks.