PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Chance For a Muppet Vision 3-D Update?

baldburke
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
With the new movie coming out this fall I wonder if there is any chance for a Muppet Vision 3-D update? Maybe with Jason Segel and Amy Adams on board? The facility itself doesn't need an update per se, but the story really could.

LVT
08-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Lovely idea, Miss Piggy et al need more exposure.

crltkcagle
08-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I would say probably not anytime soon because they just did a big refurb on it not to long ago. But a new story line would be a good idea!

January-2007
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
No, I don't think it should be changed. It was one of the last projects that Jim Henson oversaw before he died so I think it should remain as wonderful today as the day it opened.

I am super excited about the new movie coming to theaters though, it'll be DS's third movie theater movie!!

Mfarquar
08-29-2011, 07:38 AM
I completely agree with January-2007.

This was the last Jim Henson project. The spirit of what the Muppets really are is completely present - it is a classic.

However, that is NOT to say that I don't hope they spruce up the gift shop. I can remember when it was ALL Muppet related merchandise. I'd also be exited if they added to the outside area - maybe some character meet and greets or the Muppet Mobile Lab that was over in California Adventure (interactive Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker robot).

I am SOOOOOOO excited to see the movie. It really seems like it's going to be authentic Muppets at their best! Jason Segal has poured everything into this movie and I hope it does really well.

CajunDisneyDad
08-29-2011, 09:18 AM
I agree with the previous posters. They could maybe clean it up a little, but as a whole, after Jim Henson died, it seemed like the muppets lost their heart and soul...Kermit was after all a projection of Jim himself. Kermit portrayed the warmth and love that the muppets used to symbolize. It seems after Jim died, so did the muppets as we remember them... so I hope they do not change it... Kermit is not the same with out Jim Henson's voice.... Just my 2 cents

Mogie
08-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah Id like to see a new show. I really like the old one. I think it would be cool if they had a number of shows that they rotate randomly so you never know which one youll get kind of like Star Tours. After all its just a recording, some animatronics and one actor.

Niecyboo
08-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Has anyone seen the new remake of the them song by OK Go? The first thing I thought was that this was made to be seen in 3D. Still, I hope it's just in the theaters, because I love the DHS version just as it is.

Mfarquar
08-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Love OKGO and LOVE their new video. Great homage to their previous video styles (treadmills, etc.) and GREAT showcase of the Muppets. I'm hoping this will be on the soundtrack for the movie.

Brian Henson is also getting better and better at Kermit's voice as he ages. You can tell he's really worked at it and it's getting harder and harder to notice the difference between his voice and his father's.

I have VERY high hopes for the upcoming movie. I have a feeling we'll be reintroduced to the Muppets as we always knew them.

The OKGO video, the Muppets viral YouTube videos and Facebook accounts and the various (and hilarious) movie trailers are a good sign of things to come!

Mfarquar
08-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh! I was thinking - I would TOTALLY love to see props from the movie and maybe a little show to go where the Narnia sound stage is.

It would be a great opportunity to showcase some new material via video and also have actual production material.

I'm sick of Narnia and I think this would make the Muppet fans happy.

I would wait in line FOREVER to see that :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
As someone that grew up with Kermit on Sesame Street and the Muppet Show - we own several of the incomplete seasons on DVD.

LEAVE IT ALONE!!! It is the heart and soul and spirit of Jim Henson and his Muppets.

Sure, tweak the gift shop, but other than that - leave the show alone. I LOVE going to that just because it is what it is.....a JIM Henson original and not must a Muppet production.:kermit:

joanna71985
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I hope not! I love the show the way it is