PDA

View Full Version : Oh Happy Day!!!!

Disney Hungarian
08-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Today my sister and her family arrived safely at Disney World. So I just had to share this with fellow Disney fanatics.

My sister has always been a fan of WDW. We grew up loving Disney and when she got married she talked her husband into going and they have made several trips over the years as a family. I was with them at WDW when her youngest son (my nephew) was 4. We took him on Splash mountain when he wasn't quite tall enough to ride. He loved it. He wanted to ride it again and the CM tried to measure him on the second time and my nephew jumped up and hit the stick with his head and told the CM, "I have already ridden this once." It was so funny. Well, that is the back story.

My sister was involved in an automobile accident. She was in the same type of accident as my mother at the same intersection as my mother only a year and a half after my mother's accident. My sister was on the way to school to drop my nephews off. Where my mother was on her way back after dropping them off.

My sister was hit broadside at 70 mph. All 3 of them suffered traumatic brain injuries. My youngest nephew was in the front passenger seat and suffered the worst injuries. He was in a coma for a couple of months. My sister and my oldest nephew have recovered to almost 100%. My little nephew is still in the weeds somewhat, but he is a trooper and was able to start school again about 6 months after the accident.

Today my sister and I have been blowing up each others phones with text messages back and forth. This is such a big moment that we thought may never happen again. Her whole family at WDW together again. Of all of the triumphs and all of the struggles they have faced. This trip to WDW is the most special accomplishment. That says something to me. I am so happy for them and all of the blessings they have received.

I just wanted to share.

MarkC
08-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Great to hear. Sounds like you're enjoying it almost as much as they are, which is awesome!! Thanks for sharing.

Disney Hungarian
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, Mark.
I am very happy and am enjoying living vicariously through them right now. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
08-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I hope they have a truly magical trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-28-2011, 08:36 PM
That is great news! I see you live in south Mississippi. What intersection did this happen? I know there were some really bad accidents by Saucier Elementary in Harrison County and they finally put a traffic light up there a couple of years back. Just curious.

Disney Hungarian
08-28-2011, 08:41 PM
That is great news! I see you live in south Mississippi. What intersection did this happen? I know there were some really bad accidents by Saucier Elementary in Harrison County and they finally put a traffic light up there a couple of years back. Just curious.
This is at the Carnes Road and Hwy 49 intersection in South Forrest county. Unfortunately there was another accident there yesterday afternoon. The blue tarps over the vehicle told me it was another sad situation.

Disney Hungarian
08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope the have a truly magical trip!
Thank you Lynn!

jmj18
08-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I hope they have a WONDERFUL time!

:mickey:

Jean

Disney Doodle
08-29-2011, 05:21 AM
After all that they sure deserve the wonderful time that only a trip to WDW could offer.

I hope they have the best time ever.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2011, 09:36 AM
This is at the Carnes Road and Hwy 49 intersection in South Forrest county. Unfortunately there was another accident there yesterday afternoon. The blue tarps over the vehicle told me it was another sad situation.

Yes, that is a bad area too...its so hilly there I think people topping the hill don't see people in time....so sad...I am glad your sister is doing well though...

DisneyDog
08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow, I just read your message and had tears in my eyes. I was in a horrible accident almost 16 years ago, but nothing like what your sister and her children have been through. I was able to walk out of my vehicle, but have been in pain ever since that day. However, I constantly try to remind myself how lucky I am and how things could have been so very different if my car had been sent in a slightly different direction. Your story about your sister really moved me. I wish the absolute best for them during their Disney vacation and in the future. I hope they have the most incredible, memorable trip ever!

DisneyorBust
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I hope that your sister and her family have the most magical vacation! After all that they have been thru they sure deserve a great time.

clausjo
09-02-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's and nephews' accident, but at the same time so happy to hear that they're doing so much better and enjoying their first trip back to Disney! I can't imagine a better place to celebrate coming through such a tragedy.

Lots and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie: that they continue to have a great time!

hoop de do
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
The WORLD has a great healing power, both physically and mentally. I'm sure your family will benefit greatly from their trip. I'm going to throw in some PA Pixie Dust to make it even more powerful.

:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

T-Belle
09-02-2011, 04:54 PM
The WORLD has a great healing power, both physically and mentally. I'm sure your family will benefit greatly from their trip. I'm going to throw in some PA Pixie Dust to make it even more powerful.

And I'm adding some Georgia Pixie Dust!

I hope they have the best most magical trip ever! Also, you can feel the love for your sister and her family coming thru. It's very heartwarming!

Disney Hungarian
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Everyone!
They have had an amazing vacation! Tonight is their last night and they will be driving home in the morning. I will be worried as they have to drive back on I-10 and TS-Lee may pose some dangerous driving conditions all along the Gulf. I will be texting my sister the whole time with radar updates and hoping they will make it safely home.

January-2007
09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
I am so glad they had a wonderful vacation and that they are able to spend time all together. Things like that happening to family really makes everyone else appreciate and hold dear what's really important. Thank you for sharing. Hoping they have a safe and uneventful drive home.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm so glad to hear that they have recovered or are on the road to recovery! That had to have been one of the worst moments in all your lives. I'm so happy they were able to go to the happiest place on earth. It sounds like it was a well deserved vacation. I hope they made it home with no mishaps!

Disney Hungarian
09-10-2011, 11:00 PM
All arrived safely home. Even though they had to drive through the mess that was TS Lee. I was texting the whole way watching the radar and giving them updates of the storms in their path. Have spent the last few days enjoying their stories of WDW and am happy they had fun as a family again. You never know what will happen in life but, you can rest assured that life will happen. I have learned not to take anything for granted and to appreciate all that I have. Because it can be gone in an instant. Life is short. It is never a question of if you will die, it is merely a question of when. I have learned the hard way to live life like there may not be a tomorrow. Peace and love to all.