PDA

View Full Version : ? for the experts

tundramom
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
We find ourselves in very unfamiliar territory... Always book at 11 month window, sometimes switch at 7 month window, never in a million years did we think we would have to change after 7 months....until now. 68 days and counting we need a 2 BR (unexpected company), nothing available, even would take a 1 BR at AK-Kidani due to extra bathroom space and sleeper chair. Looking online there is inventory available. I've read here on Intercot why that is, I get it, here's my ? At what point do they release that inventory back to us DVC'rs? Currently waitlisted to 31 days (there was also an option for 7 days?) should I change to 7 days? Does it make a difference? Just wishing for a glimmer of hope. The prospect of DD 16 and friend 42 (big guy)sleeping on pull out and air mattress in VWL 1 BR is kinda stressing me. Thanks

Basket Mommy
08-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I always choose the 7-day wait list option, just because it gives you more opportunity to get what you want.

BrerGnat
08-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Would it be an option to sleep your DD in the room with you and DH on an air mattress? Are the rooms big enough?

Or, book the ressie as a cash one and bank the points for next time? Maybe you could get in on a room only discount and use it at a DVC resort?

tundramom
08-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't know about size at VWL-first time for us. I know that we can probably put her in kitchen or possibly bathroom-I know we could at either SSR or Kidani. I'm not as concerned with sleeping arrangements as crowdedness and lack of bathroom space/privacy. We really don't spend much time in room, which is why paying oop makes no sense for us. I did waitlist studio as well as 2 BR, but in all honesty, if it's more than 50 points we just won't do it. He's coming for 3 nights, I've already rearranged my dining and where we'll be on what day, that's about as far as I'm willing to go, it's our vacation too. I really want him to have a good time as he's never been, and for him that means not being alone, so I know the togetherness won't be an issue for him.

VWL Mom
08-28-2011, 06:15 PM
If memory serves me correctly, you would be able to fit a twin air mattress next to the bed (move little chair and table) or by the bathtub. The toilet is in a separate area with a door to the living space and a door to the master bath. Not so sure it would fit in the kitchen though.

tundramom
08-29-2011, 09:12 PM
As for my original question, when I called DVC today I was told that the inventory for cash customers is never released to DVC points and vice versa. they have to be kept completely separate per Florida law, I'm pretty sure I read this on Intercot before but didn't retain it, silly me, probably thought it would never apply to me.:blush: