PDA

View Full Version : Starring Rolls vs Pepper Market

Kairi_7378
08-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I know, this is an apples vs oranges comparison!

I'm finalizing our trip plan (gotta work on that pre trip report!) and I'm still trying to decide what to eat for our DHS day. In general, we are planning on getting to the parks early, staying until lunch, taking DS back to the resort for a nap, and returning later that evening. Since the food options aren't very good in DHS I was wondering if it would be better to just eat lunch at the resort that day? If we do eat in the park, we will be eating at Starring Rolls, I think.

darthmacho
08-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Tough choice, but it might be more relaxing to get lunch back at the resort, then you'll be a lot closer to your room when you're done.
On the bright side, since you don't need ADRs for these venues, whichever you choose for your itinerary, you can adjust on the fly if you find yourself famished and still at DHS, or if you're tired but not hungry quite yet, you could hold off until you get back. :mickey:

Melanie
08-28-2011, 12:41 PM
If you were asking about breakfast, I'd say Starring Rolls in a heartbeat. But lunch, I'd say go back to CSR, enjoy some Pepper Market and get some rest. The lunch choices at Starring Rolls aren't that grand, IMO.

wickedgin
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
ITA with Melanie. For breakfast, Starring Rolls is a great choice. For lunch, don't think they offer the best selection and would go with the Pepper Market instead.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-28-2011, 08:30 PM
We really liked Pepper Market when we stayed there in 2005 but have heard a lot of negative about it lately....we love to eat Starring Rolls for lunch. The menu is pretty limited but the food quality and pastries are great.

Melanie
08-28-2011, 09:18 PM
We really liked Pepper Market when we stayed there in 2005 but have heard a lot of negative about it lately....

What have you heard specifically?

We've stayed there 3 times in the last year, and always enjoy Pepper Market - for breakfast, lunch or dinner. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2011, 08:29 AM
In the past few months a lot of people were complaining about the food quality, more so than usual so I was thinking there was something to it...We thought it was pretty good in 2005. We only ate there for dinner as I recall. Would like to hear some recent reviews though.

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I like Starring Rolls, but I would pick the Pepper Market for lunch. More variety and not so crowded as Starring Rolls gets once the park's been open a while (hard to find a table sometimes!)