PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Ray's Ordering Procedure

Kairi_7378
08-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I've been looking at pictures and menus for Cosmic Rays and I see that the counter is split into 3 bays. I will probably be ordering the food for our family this trip since we'll be traveling with a 3 year old. (Usually I deal with food and DH deals with DS when we're in a CS situation.) If DH wants a beef dish and I want a salad, am I going to have to wait in 2 separate lines? Is it better if the whole family eats chicken (or beef or salad) for that meal?

NH Disneyfan
08-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Every time I've been to Cosmic Rays (which is every trip until this past week's) there are separate lines for burgers, chicken, etc. We usually split up and just decide who's getting the drinks.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
I have always assumed you had to wait in multiple lines so my party has always ate the same type food. However, given that the kitchen is centered between all the different lines I have always wondered if you could order the other lines of food.

There is no reason Disney should make this that difficult because I am sure it causes lots of grief for young/large families with picky eaters.

Anyone actually tried to cross-order and been told one way or the other?

Dragongirlx
08-28-2011, 01:04 PM
When we were there last year in September you didn't have to go to separate lines for separate things, they let you order everything from whatever line you were in but that might just have been because it wasn't that busy.

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Someone told me today that Ray's is going to get a facelift soon. They said permits have been filed. I love Ray's and hope they will be opened in a few weeks.:mickey:

Madame Leona
08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
That's an excellent question. The food looks good but we've always avoided it because I didn't want to stand in different lines with young kids.

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
We've always done the seperate lines. I never thought to try to order everything in one line. It can be a headache, especially with young children, but we've managed to survive it this long.

magicofdisney
08-31-2011, 08:48 AM
I wanted fries instead of chips in the sandwich line, one time. It was a no go. I guess it depends on the day, the hour, the weather, the season, the manager, the CM...etc.

minnie04
08-31-2011, 09:00 AM
We love Cosmic Rays!!!! Ever since our kids were little we have gone there. It's a great place to cool off and relax to eat. We used to send one person for the kids food mostly chicken fingers or burgers and when they would start eating then we would decide what to have. It always worked out. The kids would be so entertained with Ray, they wouldn’t care when the food was coming. Also a little tip " never wait until they are :eat: starving to go eat" that never works because by then they are :thedolls: