PDA

View Full Version : Strange - Fantasmic Dining Package

mrte62
08-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I have been trying to book this package for a day (11/2) that rumors on line said the show would be added. I have been trying for a week both on line and via phone - only to be told the date had not been added.

Called today and was told yes indeed it was added - but all packages, all restaurants are sold out.

I will try again later today and tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same issues when trying to book on of the new dates added through the rest of 2011.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I would keep trying! There have been many reports of it taking a while for different things to be loaded into the system. Quite often, until it is properly loaded, it shows as booked.

Good Luck!

mariak
08-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Definitely DO NOT give up. Sometimes it is also in the way the Cast member is entering it in the system too. Here’s what we recently went through:

For our trip last December, I tried to get ressies for Mama Melrose’s Fantasmic Package but was told that there were none available …..which I thought weird because I was calling ON my 180 booking day. Oh well, we weren’t ready to give up 2 table service credits for The Hollywood Brown Derby so I booked Hollywood & Vine which was very good. They had a nice buffet and we enjoyed pretty much everything we tried.

We are headed back in Sept. and I was finally able to get Mama Melrose’s again for this trip……but not without some work! When I made my ressies (ON my 180 day mark), I had no luck on-line so I called the dining reservation line and talked to a cast member who said that MM’s is usually the first to fill up for the Fantasmic package and she could not get a reservation to come up for that day and restaurant either. I told her about having the same thing happen last year while trying to plan our December trip and a friend of mine who had that happen for her December trip as well. We both thought that really odd so she kept trying (for like 10 minutes) as we both came to the conclusion that not ALL of the reservations could be booked for the Mama Melrose’s/Fantasmic package, ON the 180 day mark, first thing in the morning. She kept digging with no luck. We were just about to hang up when she screamed, “Wait! I got it!” She said that she had to search it some other way ……..I’m thinking she said that she had to plug in “lunch” or something. I would guess that this may be the same problem that both my friend and I ran into when trying to book previous packages with MM’s???? …..just thought I’d share this with you all in case anyone else has ever had problems getting this package. …it may be worth a try to ask the cast member to change search parameters to “lunch”.

Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

mrte62
09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Last week I made a "regular" reservation at the HBD for lunch. Have been every day with no luck in getting the Fantasmic Dinner Package .... still showing all times full ... until today.

Was able to book the package tonight ....:mickey:

PopPhan
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Fantasmic is scheduled to run EVERY night thru March. If you cannot get the FDP on the night you originally wanted it, try another night. Or go without the FDP.

mrte62
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Sorry if my post wasn't clear ... I was able to get what we wanted ... it just took the dinning reservations system two weeks to catch up with the added Fantasmic dates. :cool: