PDA

View Full Version : Late check in

Scrappy2
08-27-2011, 10:33 AM
For our upcoming trip we will be arriving very late. We had planned on stopping on the way down and spending the night but we have now deceided to drive all the way so when we wake up we will be there. My question is for late arrival will we have a bad room?

BugeyedMuggy
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Depends on where you are staying and what view you have reserved. By showing up late you will be allowing the people before you to "choose their room". Disney has always been accomidating when we've asked for a different room.

Strmchsr
08-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Rooms are assigned 2-3 days in advance. So, late arrival does not mean a "bad" room (whatever that means - you're at Disney. There are no bad rooms). Disney does allow guests who arrive earlier to request a different building or room if one is open, and they often are, but you won't lose your room assignment because you're arriving late.

kakn7294
08-27-2011, 01:21 PM
We've arrived late for 3 of our last several trips (as late as 1:30am at Pop Century a couple of years ago) and we've always had great room locations despite the late arrival time. If your room location is unacceptable after you get there and they can't change it at that time, you can always request to be moved the next day. Several times I've been disappointed at our room assignment location upon check-in only to find it was a great spot once we actually got to our room - this was particularly true on our last trip at the Poly.

MNNHFLTX
08-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Just wanted to add that front desk cast members do have the ability to shuffle room assignments around for guests. So there is an advantage in getting there earlier. That said, I know people who have checked in fairly late (8-9 p.m.) and still gotten a good room (at least by their preferences). If you do not care for the room assigned to you, ask to see what else is available. As Kathy said, if they can't accommodate you at check-in, they can usually find a satisfactory room the next day and will move your belongings for you.

TammiMcMan
08-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately, my experience with late arrivals is that we have ended up in less than desirable locations. A few problems included paying for a preferred area, but not having it available by the time we checked in and also having to get a rollaway brought in because they didn't have any rooms left with our required bedding. That being said, on each occasion, the cast members worked with us and we were able to move the next day.