PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

Scrappy2
08-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I get very motion sick on rides and was just wondering about Star Tours. I would love to ride but just wanted to hear from others about the motion on this ride.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
08-27-2011, 11:01 AM
If you are prone to motion sickness, you should probably skip Star Tours. It's not horrible, but it does tend to induce motion sickness in those susceptible to it.

Melanie
08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
If you get 'very' motion sick, I hate to say that Star Tours probably isn't something you should try. :(

Some days motion sickness is an issue for me and some days it isn't. Just depends on how I'm feeling. That said, I have gotten off Star Tours and been really woozy. Usually if I feel it coming on, I close my eyes and that helps.

A few weeks ago we got stopped when exiting the ride and the only criticism I gave is that I always feel like it's warm in there. If it were cooler, I think it would help tremendously with feelings of motion sickness.

texas211
08-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I get motion sickness. Body Wars would do it, Mission Space.

However, stars tours hasn't caused me that problem. In fact, i think b/c it's 3d, helps reduce that. There is lots of movement and turbulence yes, but not a lot of spinning, and movements that offset the horizon. Plus, you are in a bigger ride car, wearing 3d glasses, so i think that helps reduce the effect.

exvagirl
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
If you are very prone, then skip it. But if you are fine with just some bumpiness/bouncing and sharp movements, then you'll be fine :)

MarkC
08-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Just curious-- how is it compared to the prior version? Which one gets you more upset? We are leaving on Sunday and my wife doesn't like those type of rides as much as she used to. Thanks.

NH Disneyfan
08-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Star Tours used to be one of the worst for me regarding motion sickness. However, I heard the new version was smoother and the 3D video better. I went on twice in the past trip and felt great following the ride.

I was glad I tried it. We rode in the front and back rows. Perhaps ask for the front so you can't see other people's heads/bodies flowing back/forth, I think that helps too. Front row has an unobstructed view of the screen.

Tink#64
08-29-2011, 12:15 AM
IMHO, the new version was much easier on my stomach than the old one! I used to always feel just a tad bit nauseous, but we experienced the new version twice this year & I am happy to report that it didn't bother me at all! :thumbsup: I had read the same feedback on here from many others prior to our trip this year.

mrmcgiv
08-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I thought the new version caused me more motion sickness than the old one. It is however very well done! My son LOVED it and I rode it 6 times over 2 days. So while it made me a bit sick it was managable for my son. My husband could not ride it more than once.

WDWForever
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
I just got back from WDW last week (already miss it of course). I think the newer ride is much smoother than the older version. The older one would easily give me a headache but not this one. I rode it with my 4yr old four times. But in my opinion, those with heavy motion sickness :sick: shouldn't ride it.