PDA

View Full Version : Where to fall asleep in the parks

CAS
08-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Funny question I just pondered...

If you could take a nap anywhere in the parks where would that be? It can't be at a resort, golf course, DTD, and not inside the MK camera shop where they practically beg you to pass out in the overly air conditioned theater. You have to be outdoors in a park and you have to attain full unconsciousness.

The reason I ask is because first and foremost I enjoy sleep. Waking up can be a blissful moment that enlightens your spirit for the duration of your day, or it can be an unwelcomed jolt filled with gut churning anxiety. Since WDW is so much of a home to me, I want to feel comfortable enough to prop myself against a rock bench across from Adventureland's Dole Whip and cop a full blown snooze...for the mere heaven of climbing out of my coma to realize I'm smack dab in the middle of the happiest place on earth.

So who's with me? Where will you zonk?

mymickeymouse
08-27-2011, 03:46 AM
On the wall along the queue for tower of terror!!!!:cloud9:

sorcerer fan
08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
on a bench by jungle cruise in the aisle

hoop de do
08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I've seen many people (with little ones) sleeping under the overhang at Teppan Edo restaurant at Japan in EPCOT.
I've tried it on my feet several times while standing in line for something. I would not recommend this. It's embarrassing when you hit the ground. :D

waymickey
08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I have fell asleep on the castle wall in the MK. But honestly next time I think I would find a rocking chair on TSI .

tink179
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I hate to admit it, but I always fall asleep in the Hall of Presidents! I know shame on me!!:blush: My DH always falls asleep on the Carousel of Progress. I think it just has to do with it being so hot in September and then going into air conditioning for a little while. We leave in 23 days and I'm sure it will happen to the both of us. :secret:

snowflakegirl
08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I've inadvertently fallen asleep during Hall of Presidents (I think just because it's so cool and comfortable after being outside walking around in the heat of summer). And the TTA can make for a good resting spot. I could see taking a quick 5 minute nap there.

Also, I've napped sitting on a bench in the animal kingdom.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Ellen's Ride in epcot, Hall of Presidents MK

JasonH
08-27-2011, 12:27 PM
The seating right outside of Fountainview in Epcot is great. It's shaded most of the time and you can't help but relax listening to the BGM for the Innoventions area. The 2nd floor of Columbia Harbour House would be a good place as well. Once on a solo trip, I may not have fallen asleep, but I did sit upstairs to read some in a book I had just gotten at the park. The Backlot Express at DHS always has so many open areas to sit in, I'm sure that's a great place to just sit and snooze for a bit if you wanted. And at AK, as long as it's not during the lunch rush, the seating area down by the lake close to Flame Tree BBQ should be perfect.

dizne4me
08-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I almost fell asleep inside the train station in MK--for just a few minutes, in got quiet and peaceful and I almost dozed off until a group of happy kids came in.

Dulcee
08-27-2011, 12:57 PM
My father was always a fan of snoozing his way through the American Adventure...until he snored and my mom would hit him. :)

BrerSchultzy
08-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Our last trip in June, my wife was 5 months pregnant, and our son, who is 3, still naps in his stroller in the afternoon. We were staying off-site, so leaving to take a nap was out of the question. We tried to go to the baby care center in MK to let Sam sleep, but we couldn't take the stroller in there, and it was pretty loud in the common area. So we went into the First Aid center...my wife ended up sleeping for an hour and a half in the waiting area, and when they woke up, our son was happy to realize he was still in Disney World. I, of course, used that time to gobble up FPs for the rest of the afternoon.

jonahbear2006
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
We have 5 children, and getting back to the resort to nap never happens for us, so we have specific places where we like to nap. MK- Hall of Presidents, Epcot- Ellen's Energy Adventure, HS-Sounds Dangerous, AK- Finding Nemo. We have also been known to kick it on the beach club's beach and rest while the kids play in the sand. It really makes our day more satisfying and more valuable if we take some kind of rest somewhere. Hardly ever becomes our resort, esp if we are camping bc a tent in the mid-afternoon is like a sauna.

Mousemates
08-27-2011, 05:46 PM
You have to be outdoors in a park and you have to attain full unconsciousness.

Well, that outdoors things eliminates my prime sleeping spot of the Hall of Presidents...not sure I have ever actually reached full unconsciousness outside at WDW...thou I may have snoozed a little on the train on a warm summer day.

crltkcagle
08-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Universe of Energy of course! Love Ellen, but I hate that attraction! My kids always make me go on it and I always take a nap!

Tinkerbella16
08-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I would pick right outside of the BTMR exit where the rocking chairs are looking across the river at HM.. I would be able to fall asleep from hearing the howling at the HM go on and on and on.. :mickey:

Darbylew
08-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Why would anyone want to fall asleep in the
parks. I don't want to miss a second of my time in the parks. Sorry but I would never nap. :D

kcrc
08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I would say:

MK - Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Rocking chair on Tom Sawyer Island

Epcot - Circle of Life, American Adventure, Captain EO

Hollywood Studios - Sounds Dangerous

Animal Kingdom - Finding Nemo

Mogie
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Took a nice long nap during the Little Mermaid puppet show in DHS. Its pitch black, nice music, air conditioning, soft seats...

brivers222
08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
hall of presidents

DisneyMom12
08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
I hate to admit it, but I always fall asleep in the Hall of Presidents! I know shame on me!!:blush: My DH always falls asleep on the Carousel of Progress. I think it just has to do with it being so hot in September and then going into air conditioning for a little while. We leave in 23 days and I'm sure it will happen to the both of us. :secret:

My husband and I just fell asleep on COP. Thank God it was at different times because we had 2 little ones with us.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-29-2011, 10:29 PM
TTA - aka People Mover - I will always think of it as the Wedway People Mover - I love cat napping on that one. I have ridden with my small children who watched all our bags while DH and our older twins were waiting for Space Mountain.

WVParkfan
08-31-2011, 08:01 AM
If you could take a nap anywhere in the parks where would that be?

On a hammock, on one of those hidden paths that surround the Tree of Life at the Animal Kingdom. Gentle African music in the background, with the sound of running water from the little stream that flows near the exit to ITTBAB.

Ms. Mode
08-31-2011, 09:52 AM
American Adventure in Epcot..happens every time :number1:

Silver_Surfer
08-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress & the wildlife show in Epcot, sorry cant remember the name

wdwfansince75
08-31-2011, 11:57 AM
The movie theatre in France has really comfortable seats...and rarely has a line....I have gone there just for the snooze several times...also have napped in JIYI...never could do that in the original show...
Accidental naps occur in CoP, HoP, and AA...and on a really hot day, I ducked the heat and took a nap on the Monorail...left EPCOT, and did a round trip back...got woken up because someone was concerned, since I was sleeping when they got on...They wanted to know if I had missed my stop!

grumpypima
08-31-2011, 12:24 PM
On the cement bench at Epcot a few yards away from the China entrance…it may not sound very nice but it was so heavenly. It was freezing cold last Christmas and the bench was shaded proportionally perfect: shaded to cover my eyes and full sun on my body. It was so busy that day but I didn’t care! I had a terrible migraine and had just taken some meds; I needed to close my eyes for about 15 minutes. My family watched the show at China and I took a quick nap.

diz_girl
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Another vote for a cement bench in EPCOT, but this one is (I think) outside the old Wonders of Life pavilion, facing the pavilion, in between the path that goes between Ellen and M:S. It's a nice quiet and shady spot.

bertasso59
09-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I have never failed to fall asleep in UOE in all its forms,those preshows go one forever,bring on the dinos already!
Last trip our DD was wiped out so in the middle of the day we boarded the train ,she soon fell asleep resting against my DW's shoulder,lulled by the sound of the rails.We circled the entire park about 5 times while she slept.

MissTink
09-03-2011, 10:39 AM
to get out of the heat last week in Epcot, we stopped in O Canada! & had a 15 minute wait. Sat on 1 of the benches and leaned back...Didn't fall asleep but the guy & his daughter sitting across from us had the same idea and were snoozing when everybody went in, didn't see them in the theater so I assume they stayed. Wonder if the CMs woke them?

PharmD
09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
My better half always seems to fall asleep in Ellen's Universe of Energy :secret:. I will have to admit falling asleep in Hall of Presidents myself once :blush:. It's so cool and dark I just couldn't help it.

sixshot19
09-05-2011, 11:33 PM
My boys like to nap around 1 pm, so for me, cold beer in hand and on the balcony of whatever resort room I'm in....oh sweet release.

kemps@wdw
09-05-2011, 11:34 PM
on a somewhat warm and breezy Oct. afternoon, you can find me catchin some ZZZZs, somewhere in Africa (or Asia), on a shaded bench, outside an out-of-the-way cantina! :sleepin:

Wolf
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Our first trip a few days before Christmas in 03 I did fall asleep! I was sitting leaned against my mom's shoulder on Main Street watching it "snow" and I woke up a few minutes later to my mom and a CM having a good chuckle at me while the CM had brought my mom a hot chocolate! For it to be our first trip to WDW stone cold broke and had no clue what we were getting into, no planning, anything it was a very awesome memory for me and Mom. Nowadays I'd like to curl up on one of the Jungle Cruise boats and nap or probably those stone ledges by the Dole Whip stand, they are super comfy and when we stop there I always curl up and rest for a few

emerzmom
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
In EPCOT on a bench in the gardens in Great Britain.

garymacd
10-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I love this. I love how so many people have found a special place to grab a quick nap.

Truthfully, though, I have to tell you; I have yet to make it all the way through Mickey's Philarmagic!

ImagiAsh
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
On the lawn of the Haunted Mansion. :thumbsup:

ransam
10-15-2011, 11:44 PM
i like the show, but i ha e fallen asleep in the Tiki Room before. it was funny because i wanted to go so bad, and none of my cousins wanted to, but i got my way. I fell asleep and they still give me a hard time about that.

Arnold Simba
10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Several years ago I was visiting Tom Sawyer's Island on a hot day. I entered Injun Joe's Cave and the coolness hit me like a ton of bricks. Upon finding a side tunnel, I decided to sit down for a moment. Somehow I conked out. I was awakened when a kid inadvertently kicked me in the darkness. I let out a low groan, scaring the you-know-what out of the kid, who went screaming in the opposite direction. lol :jaw:

texas211
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Hall of Presidents. Its cool, dark, plus POTUS always puts me to sleep. though I have nodded off in Nemo, and the railroad.

natstroop
10-16-2011, 10:08 PM
I myself have never dozed off anywhere, but DH has a few times. He got some zzz's in AA, Country Bear Jamboree, It's Tough to be a Bug, and a bench just inside the entrance to Pecos Bill...just to name a few.