PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones question...

Boost
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Going in a week with our family of five. Our six year old son LOVES Indiana Jones and his birthday is coming soon. Obviously, no trip to Studios is complete without a visit to the Indy show.

Question....does anyone know what the cast members at Indy might be willing to do before the show or afterwards to let our son experience something beyond the show itself? I checked with Tours and there does not appear to be a tour/behind the scenes thing there.

Any ideas??

Strmchsr
08-26-2011, 08:17 AM
There's nothing special in general, though if you let the CM at the front gate know they MIGHT (no promises) be able to get your DS to be the "assistant director" (goes out and starts the show). However, after the show is over, Indy usually hangs out near the wall and will meet guests and pose for pictures. The "head" Indy (Kevin) is a good friend of mine and I know he always is willing to do pics with guests after the show. Sometimes other cast members will meet and greet as well.

yjgirl32
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
My ds was able to do both of the things mentioned above- he loved it- great experience for them. Good luck.

magicofdisney
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
You could also volunteer to be an extra so your son can have that special experience of seeing YOU on stage. :mickey:

I don't know the name of the Indy we met and had picture with but he was our favorite at the time. It just also happened that the girl playing Marion was our favorite at the time. It was a wonderful photo op because only 1 other family stuck around for pics. It's not something Disney advertises but the opportunity is almost always there. :)

Strmchsr
08-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Since you mentioned your DS6 loves Indiana Jones, the Disney Parks Blog this week did a "behind the scenes" feature on the Indy Stunt show featuring my buddy Kevin as Indy. You can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZKQNOcMW8&feature=share) on the official Disney Parks Blog video.