PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party

NewDVCowner
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM
My family and I are going to be at Disneyland the weekend before Halloween. The Halloween party is going to take place on the Friday that we're there and we've decided that it's vastly over priced and not worth the money to go to it. My question is: what time do the non party guests get kicked out of Disneyland that day?

Thanks so much!

teamblackwell
08-25-2011, 09:17 PM
How is it over priced?
You get 8 hours in Disneyland Park(essencially a day pass) plus an exclusive fireworks show, plus all the candy you can carry out. All for $44 if you have a Disney Visa card(no annual fee).
As far as being kicked out, I've never seen anyone get phyiscally removed from the park after 7pm. But you will need a bracelet in order to enter attractions, ride rides or trick-or-treat.

NewDVCowner
08-26-2011, 12:13 AM
How is it over priced?
You get 8 hours in Disneyland Park(essencially a day pass) plus an exclusive fireworks show, plus all the candy you can carry out. All for $44 if you have a Disney Visa card(no annual fee).
As far as being kicked out, I've never seen anyone get phyiscally removed from the park after 7pm. But you will need a bracelet in order to enter attractions, ride rides or trick-or-treat.

Well, the day we're going it's $64, on top of the park admission.

A less crowded park is nice, but the way we hit the parks we'll NEVER wait more than 15 minutes for a ride, so that's not really that great.

Candy? I'm not a big sweets person.

So it boils down to the a fireworks show, and frankly a 'cool' fireworks show is so not worth $64 to me.

Thanks for the info about the park. It's nice to know we can still hit the stores and such. I think we're talking about going to steakhouse 55 for dinner that night for something different - something I've always wanted to do but have never really wanted to leave the park to do.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-27-2011, 05:02 PM
So in need of a "like" button.
Definitely not worth that much for a fireworks show.
Yes it is a cool fireworks show, but still not worth it.

:smickey:

MegaDisney
08-28-2011, 10:20 AM

There is a like button at the bottom of the first post! :D

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-28-2011, 04:43 PM
LOL....only on the first post. What if it isn't the first post that "I like"??

teamblackwell
08-29-2011, 12:42 AM

Ok
Forget the fireworks and the loads of candy.
You get 8 hours in Disneyland with little or no wait for rides for $44(with Disney visa discount)
1day, 1 park pass is $80 for those who enter earlier in the day and they get 10 hours in the park.
Can anyone convince me the halloween party is overpriced?
doubtfull

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok.
Can we agree that we all value different things?
Thankfully living close and having an AP makes the lines a non-issue.
If the lines are too long, I go on the next time I am at the parks.

MegaDisney
08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok.
Can we agree that we all value different things?
Thankfully living close and having an AP makes the lines a non-issue.
If the lines are too long, I go on the next time I am at the parks.

LIke! ;)

evonbarrys
10-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Also put more related information which is useful to us and provide some pics here so its looking nice post, so keep it up.

teamblackwell
10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Went to party last night and it was SOLD OUT!!
Surprising for a Tuesday night. The park was packed, candy lines were long but, ride lines were walk-on to 10 minutes long.
There were a few changes from last year. No Gheradelli chocolate this year, candy lines only ran one direction through the stations this year(last year you could finish a row of stations, then turn around do the other side of the booths), This year there were cast members checking for wristbands from everyone, not just those in line for candy or rides.
And it was hot this year, plus wearing a 4 layered jedi custome didn't help.

disneydrmr
10-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I was at the party on friday the 21st and the place was packed. It was almost impossible to get thru the park. Ride waits were long! people were rude. the fireworks show was awesome. candy was skittles, hershey bars, tootsie rolls.. that sort of thing. if it wasn't so crowded it would have been worth it. but the night we went it was just too crowded to really enjoy it.