PDA

View Full Version : I know this is ridiculous but...

tinkergal
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm freakin-out just a little bit. Long story short, been having some dental issues & went to the ortho who did my braces...25 YRS. AGO! So, here I am, in my mid-40s & have to have them put back on!! OK, only for 6-9 mos. & since I'm a 'retrofit', he's cutting me a deal. Ya know the 1st thing I thought of? My WDW & possibly 1st DCL pics, I'll be wearing braces (not to mention the expense will cut unto my souvinEARS!).

No, it's for sure not the end of the world & I'm fortunate that we're able to afford this before any more damage is done. Once it's over, I'll be glad & realize it wasn't that long to have fixed. I just need to get over the initial, I dunno, bummer of the situation.

Maybe the fact that it came on the heels of my 1st ever 'fast driver award' has me down - that avoidable expense has me peeved @ myself. :mad:

Even so, I'm blessed beyond what I deserve & am looking foward to immersing myself in the magic in just 37 days. :magic:

cer
08-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Maybe the fact that it came on the heels of my 1st ever 'fast driver award' has me down - that avoidable expense has me peeved @ myself. :mad:

OK - first of all I have never heard it called a 'fast driver award' - that is just hilarious! And you say you are in your mid 40's and this is your first????? Well, you should get an award for that!

Sorry about the braces and ticket expenses, but have a magical trip! :mickey:

hoop de do
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Believe me your lucky.
At WDW I worry about my brace (called a partial plate - that is holding my three upper teeth together) from breaking leaving me on a soft diet.
Good Luck and I'm sure you will make out fine.
:D:D:D

Kenny1113
08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
If u are concerned about how the braces are gonna look in the pics could you do the clear braces instead of silver? Also, was invisalign not an option? I hear they are perfect for people who had braces when younger and now have experienced a shift.

wickedgin
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I just got my second round of braces, too. 6-9 months should be a piece of cake. I think I'm at the 8 month mark and it hasn't been bad at all. I'm worried about my WDW photos, too, but it's better to have the problem fixed--you'll look happy in your vacation photos, braces or not, and that's what matters. :)

iceicebritney
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Have you looked into invisaline? They really are wonderful. I do a lot of public appearances and speaking engagements. I had to go back to braces last year for my bite and I chose invisaline.

Also, for any sex and the city fans - remember when Miranda got her braces? Classic!