PDA

View Full Version : where is the best place to find gluten free menu items

kstexasmom
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
My baby (turning 21 at WDW !), her older sister, my sister-in-law and I are all leaving in just a few weeks. One of our dinner reservations was for Spoodles, which has closed and I am trying to find g-free options for the birthday girl. She loves all kinds of food but it is a challenge! Any ideas- both in the park and in the Boardwalk area would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

Janmac
08-23-2011, 09:18 PM
As I understand, when you make reservations, indicate that someone in your group has a food allergy. You should get a form and an e-mail address for a contact person.

Or, tell your hostess when you are being seated that you will need a gluten free meal. A chef should come out to talk with you. You would not have to hunt for gluten free options on your own.

So far we have not done this, but we're planning a trip in April with two people with special foods needs and this is what I've discovered. I'm sure someone will come along with actual experience.

Jan

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-23-2011, 09:21 PM
There are plenty of options and if you let them know when you get there or make your reservations that you have dietary needs, they will take care of you.

I know when hubby and I went in 09 - I had no issues with my berry/tomato allergies. Had someone from the kitchen come to our table every time.

jmj18
08-23-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure about gluten free...BUT...my son has a peanut allergy. When we made out ressies we told them and at each of the restaurants, the chef came out to talk to us about what they would prepare for him. It seems to me that they are very much prepared for any allergies or food restrictions.

Good luck and ENJOY!!!!

:mickey:

kstexasmom
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the words of wisdom- we can't wait to go and don't want to spoil the vaca with my daughter feeling leftout or worse- getting sick! We will alert our advisor!

FenwayGirl
08-24-2011, 03:49 PM
You need to check out BabyCakes in DTD...it is a gluten-free, vegan bakery. My sister has a gluten alergy and she LOVED it