PDA

View Full Version : What ride did you get stuck on?

plutosnana
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
What attraction did you get stuck on at WDW?
Also did you ever have to walk off the ride?

:goofy:

Disney Hungarian
08-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I was stuck going up the last hill before the drop on Splash mountain for about 20 minutes. I wish I could have walked out. That was very uncomfortable sitting on that incline for that long. When I finally got off they had shut the ride down.

exvagirl
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Spaceship Earth-several spots (who HASN'T gotten stuck on that? lol)
Peoplemover-worst time was in that pitch black room inside space mountain :(
Buzz Lightyear-how my dad got 999,999 :thumbsup:
Expedition Everest-on the chain going up the huge hill where you can see everything. got stuck for about a minute, kinda scary.
Absolute WORST time-Dinosaur-went through the whole ride fine, all of a sudden stopped right before the T-Rex comes down from the ceiling, we were right near the loading platform. Had to wait about 20 minutes for CMs to unload all the other cars before us, then had to walk off the ride. Did get free fastpasses for that ride for the rest of the day :)

faline
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Been stopped a few times but didn't think of it as being "stuck". I guess the one time that might qualify was at the end of the Tower of Terror when the cart would not turn around to the doors to let you out. We sat there until maintenance arrived (they arrived very quickly) and they got us turned around. We were offered another ride which we accepted and the same thing happened on the second ride! We declined the third ride we were offered.

sixshot19
08-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Tower of Terror. Right at the bottom of the drop. We all kept looking up, hoping the next car wouldn't drop on top of us....stuck 15 minutes. I can't complain though, there was no line and I just walked on.

paragon
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
We have had the "normal" stops and starts on HM several times, and have been stuck on the "guaranteed to have a breakdown-TEST TRACK" once or twice.
Had to walk off of Ellen's Energy Adventure once-wish I could walk off that one every time!!
And on our first ride on Toy Story Mania, after waiting for over 75 minutes, we had to walk off, but were given return fastpasses for that.

sorcerer fan
08-23-2011, 07:51 PM
my wife and I got stuck on BTMRR right as you go up the first hill. we sat there for about 20 min. a cast member came by and asked everyone if they wanted to walk out, but no one did. when it got going again and we finished the ride, they asked if we wanted to go again and everyone said yes, to my wifes horror, and we never stopped and did a second round. My daughters got stuck on space mountain on the chain twice and both times they turned on the lights so they got to see what the ride really looked like.

AgentC
08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Carousel of Progress. We had to watch the same segment over and over.

It was a bit eerie.There were only about 10 people in our section.The CM kept breaking in with a message to not leave your seat and to not try exit. After about 10 minutes, we started to wonder if there was an apocalypse going on outside. Why else would they keep us trapped when the exit doors were so close and tempting? :paranoid:

About 5 minutes later, we started to move and were allowed to exit. And world was fine. No zombie apocalypse or alien attack . :laughing:
The only lasting effect was that I couldn't get the son out of my head for days.

McLiberal8
08-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I have gotten stuck plenty of times, but having to walk off the Great Movie Ride was scary. Walking through aliens drooling on you and a gunshot battle is not so fun!

RockinRobin
08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Try POC we ended up having to unload and walk out and I will never forget Dead Men Tell No Tales! We were at the back of the building at night kind of spooky. No one offered us a fast past but it took me a while before I would ride again.

exvagirl
08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Try POC we ended up having to unload and walk out and I will never forget Dead Men Tell No Tales! We were at the back of the building at night kind of spooky. No one offered us a fast past but it took me a while before I would ride again.

Curiously, how did you get off with the water surrounding you? When we were just there last week, my mom and I wondered how one would get off POC, IASM, Jungle cruise, etc.?

azcavalier
08-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Curiously, how did you get off with the water surrounding you? When we were just there last week, my mom and I wondered how one would get off POC, IASM, Jungle cruise, etc.?

We got stuck on POTC as well. We got stuck really close to the end, by the jail scene where the prisoners are trying to get the dog to give them the key. After about fifteen minutes they turned the lights on. A few minutes later, they turned off the audio, and a CM came out and told us some jokes. Then, after we had been stuck for 30 minutes, a CM had on some hip waders, jumped in the water, pushed the boats back to one of the town scenes where there is a level area, and we unloaded and got to walk up the stairs in the "town", down a passageway, and out the back. They circled us through the backlot, coming out just to the left of the POTC entrance. We saw one of the characters getting ready to go out with her handler.

We were not given fastpasses. Just an interesting story.

SandmanGStefani24
08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
last trip I got stuck on two rides. :D

The first stoppage was while on the TTA. The ride stopped with my car right between the initial climb sections of Spaceship Earth. I was there about 10 minutes, and even recorded a little video of myself describing the situation for my buddies. On a hot day, and being such a fan of both those rides I loved every bit of it, including when they turned on the lights while we waited.

The second stoppage was less fun, as it was at the fireworks scene for the Three Caballeros Mexico ride. Nothing like hearing that 30 second loop of the ducks singing for 15 minutes or so...

It was still a funny moment!

sassafras
08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
We got stuck on the ski lift at Blizzard Beach for about 10 minutes once. Just had to sit there and wait for the stupid thing to start up again. Bad thing was we were within 20 feet of the top, almost ready to get off.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-23-2011, 10:19 PM
IASW - sat on that one for over 30 minutes and it took me a while before I was able to ride it again. Listening to the song over and over and over and over again. They finally pushed us out.

SSE the year Epcot opened....we spend many many many minutes backwards in the incline out.

Ellen's Energy - we had to walk off that one.

texas211
08-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Thought I was moving into the haunted mansion, as i was stuck they like 40 minutes at 2 20 min intervals.

Mousemates
08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Splash Mountain for about ten minutes at the big riverboat ending...was very weird when the animatronic character continued to move without sound.

micky95
08-24-2011, 07:28 AM
my dw & i got stuck on the peoplemover .we had to walk off .since we were about half way it was an interesting walk. they did give us fastpasses good for any ride that day.my dw put them in her scrapbook since we didnt use them a it was more fun seeing behind the scenes than any ride could have offered. 8 weeks and counting:number1:

mrsgaribaldi
08-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Ellen's Energy Adventure- we also had to walk out from the first scenes with the dinosaurs and all the foliage.

AHOTE
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
As we boarded EE :coaster: it began to drizzle. As we got seated we were welcomed onto Disney’s newest water ride by a rather smug cast member. Thing went well, it was just a light rain and it felt rather good as we went up the hill toward the top. Suddenly our ride stopped. The drizzle soon turned into a torrential storm for which Florida is well known. We were soaked to the skin in no time. Then it got worse, the ride began to move. Well, rain at 65 mph is not a pleasant experience. We were cold and each offending rain drop felt like the snap of a rubber band against exposed skin. In spite of it all it’s still one of my favorite rides but I pay more attention to the weather now.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I guess we've been pretty lucky...I can only remember one ride breaking down while we were on it and that was Toy Story Mania in 2008 They had it fixed in 10 minutes so it was not a big deal.

EJS-Houston
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Only once have I ever gotten stuck on a ride. This was many years ago when I was still young and we were staying at The Polynesian. The park lost power while we were on the monorail just outside of The Contemporary. I don't remember how long it lasted, but we waited it out.

mydisneygirls
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Splash Moutain right at the bottom of where the log goes down the big splash. I thought the whole ride had stopped, but nooooo. Down comes the log and it was like a typhoon! Water up to our ankles and we were soaking wet.

azcavalier
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
We weren't really stuck....but last trip my son and I were on TSM, and it crashed. The software, I mean. Everyone else was fine, but our "car" wouldn't work. We couldn't fire. We had no scores on our screens. We basically just sat there and watched. When we got off, they already knew. I guess they have sensors/monitors and just put us off to the side, and let us ride again just a few minutes later. It was interesting.

MushuGrl
08-24-2011, 11:53 AM
My very first ride at Disney was POTC, and I got stuck at the end for about twenty minutes (this was before Captain Jack. Dang it.)

Other than a few 5-10 stops here and there, the worst one was on EE - we stopped JUST before we went over the mountain. And I'm terrified of heights. (Love that ride, but gotta keep my eyes closed during that part.) We were stuck for probably two minutes or so, but it felt like two days. I haven't ridden it since. (Trying to get up enough nerve to forgive it next trip...)

Sylvia
08-24-2011, 12:27 PM
We've been stuck on a few rides over the years, but the worst was the Haunted Mansion. I had a cold, wasn't feeling 100%, and our doom buggy was directly under an HVAC vent which was blowing out frigid air. Not a good place to be when you have a cold.

But, that hasn't stopped me from visiting the Haunted Mansion several times on each visit. :blush:

BigRedDad
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
We were on Splash Mountain. They were coming to walk us off just as they got it going again. This was during an E-Ride night. Stuck for 35 minutes.

DisneyDINK
08-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Been stuck a few times:

Got stuck on the Great Movie Ride for about 45 minutes in the Tarzan scene. That was pretty lame. I may not do that one ever again.

I too got stuck on Ellen's Energy Adventure. We had to walk out of the movie room at the ene. At least we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes and the ride was almost over anyhow.

biodtl
08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
We've gotten stuck on quite a few, but the only time we ever had to walk off was when TSM broke down right after the first room - we sat there for about 30-40 minutes before they finally came around and walked us out. They gave us FPs so we got to ride it later in the week.

DunkieKong
08-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, let's see, where to start:

Ellen's Engergy Adventure we were stuck for about 15 mins before the lights came on and we had to walk off.

Got stuck on Splash Mountain for 25 mins on the hill to the left of the big drop. We were directly in the line of fire for a water cannon that soaked us repeatedly the entire time we sat.

We were stuck on HM for 20 mins one time right next doors with the knockers on them. The Incessant knocking was awful. Finally the ride started to move, and then we were stuck again in the graveyard scene next to a ghost that pops up and screams. Terrible.

jenperich
08-24-2011, 10:37 PM
The only ride I've ever really been "stuck" on is Splash Mountain. It was in the "cave" turning into the entrance/exit area, and we were right in the coldest part of the whole ride. We were freezing the entire time, and it must've been for 30+ minutes. I think we got Fast Passes. Oh well...it didn't stop me from going on it again that trip. :-)

As a PP reported, I would NOT want to get stuck on Dinosaur. OMG scary!!!

texas211
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I wish when you got stuck, they'd cut off the music. i've been stuck on Haunted Mansion and Small World. The music is enough to make you want to shoot yourself.

MrPeetrie
08-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I have two incidents that come to mind. First, Test Track we were on the incline part when be ride stopped. Now, since I've never made it through the ride without at least one stop, I assumed it would start soon. Wrong. After a while, a CM came to our car and ushered us "backstage" and off the ride.

The other time we were on Dinosaur with my parents. It was their first time. The ride stopped for at least 20 minutes, but the audioanimatronics kept moving. You could hear the hydraulic actuators clicking off and on. My mom was freaking out. Finally she asked, "Should I call 911?" That line became the joke of the trip.

Hazmat
08-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I think I'm a malfunctioning magnet!

Been stuck on carousel of progress many times. Still don't mind! Even if it is like groundhog day! No privacy around this place!!! Sorry Orville...

Been stuck on dinosaur, sat in darkness just before the terrodactyl/descent to ground floor. The EMV was stuck on a "rough road" loop. Complete silence and alot of hissing from the car! Then got stuck a minute later at the photo carnotaurus! Getting blasted with air. Never seen myself covering all the photo screens at the exit before!

Been stuck on tower of terror once, had to evacuate and walk down a big steel staircase from the coridoor scene. Was a good backstage run.

Pirates of the carribean, next to the jailers. Boat got wedged on one of the tighter turns. The result of loads of adults on one side of the boat and kids on the other. Was a slightly lop sided boat! :p Had to start waving of arms to rock and free the boat. Good spirit from everyone in my boat. And a surprised look from the cast member that came to see us as our boat was already sailing away when she arrived! :p

Jungle cruise the boats backed up as they had to remove one for technical difficulties from the load area. Sat next to the elephants for a while.

Test Track due to inclement weather. Had a good chat with the cast members who were patrolling the track due to the amazing seat belt software glitch that comes from pausing the ride!

And wasn't exactly stuck but have had the projectors from muppet vision become out of sync. One started about 3 mins before the other. So in left eye I saw a picture of kermit, right eye a completely different pic of fozzy bear. Together, one messed up picture! :p

So there is just a few. There are many more from disney parks around the world.

DisneyDoug2
08-26-2011, 06:51 AM
We have had short stops on most rides throughout all the parks, the only one we had to walk out of was the TTA. It stopped just before entering the main area of SM. Had to walk out and go down a set of stairs that were between SM and the back side of the car ride.

Silver_Surfer
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Mad Hatter & HM! But it doesn't happen everydays so it was FUN:thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Mad Hatter & HM! But it doesn't happen everydays so it was FUN:thumbsup:

OMG forgot Haunted Mansion!!

Got stuck in the spell room with the levitating head casting the spell with the musical instruments floating. Two seperate trips! Very cool...seriously!

BWayGrl
08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
My mom and I got stuck on SE at the end of the ride during the backwards descent. That was uncomfortable.

The only other thing I remember is CoP. The very first room (where the narrator describes the attraction) had just ended but nothing was happening. We sat there for a long time, with the crowd starting to get a little rowdy, before a CM realized that something was blocking one of the motion sensors??? Is that how it works?

I was on the TTA by myself one time when SM was down and all the lights were on. I remember wanting to pull my camera out and take a picture, but I freaked out because I thought Disney would confiscate my camera for seeing something I "wasn't supposed to see"! Hahaha! :blush:

iceicebritney
08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Dinosaur/Countdown to Ext.:(.
We were stuck for a while in our ride vehicle while the Loud BGM was running and the angry dinosaurs were still active. Fnally they turned all of the lights on, the BGM off and we had to walk our way out through the ride track. It was very cool to see the attraction with all the lights on. My nephew is no longer scared of the ride now that he walked through with the lights on:mickey:

texas211
08-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I think I'm a malfunctioning magnet!

Been stuck on carousel of progress many times. Still don't mind! Even if it is like groundhog day! No privacy around this place!!! Sorry Orville...

Been stuck on dinosaur, sat in darkness just before the terrodactyl/descent to ground floor. The EMV was stuck on a "rough road" loop. Complete silence and alot of hissing from the car! Then got stuck a minute later at the photo carnotaurus! Getting blasted with air. Never seen myself covering all the photo screens at the exit before!

Been stuck on tower of terror once, had to evacuate and walk down a big steel staircase from the coridoor scene. Was a good backstage run.

Pirates of the carribean, next to the jailers. Boat got wedged on one of the tighter turns. The result of loads of adults on one side of the boat and kids on the other. Was a slightly lop sided boat! :p Had to start waving of arms to rock and free the boat. Good spirit from everyone in my boat. And a surprised look from the cast member that came to see us as our boat was already sailing away when she arrived! :p

Jungle cruise the boats backed up as they had to remove one for technical difficulties from the load area. Sat next to the elephants for a while.

Test Track due to inclement weather. Had a good chat with the cast members who were patrolling the track due to the amazing seat belt software glitch that comes from pausing the ride!

And wasn't exactly stuck but have had the projectors from muppet vision become out of sync. One started about 3 mins before the other. So in left eye I saw a picture of kermit, right eye a completely different pic of fozzy bear. Together, one messed up picture! :p

So there is just a few. There are many more from disney parks around the world.

You and I must go to WDW at the same time. Our last trip to MK this June, we got stuck on abut 12 rides. Some for only 5 minutes or so, others were 10-20 minutes. Fortunately the other parks, except EE, everything worked much better.

barnaby
08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
HM in the graveyard scene and Splash close to the end. Both were for about 10 minutes.

jonahbear2006
08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Spaceship Earth a couple of times but the real annoying one was Nemo and Friends. We sat in front of Marlin telling the joke, JELLYFISH! for 20 min. I was soooo sick of that joke after we rode that day. My husband and daughter got stuck in the dropping elevator on TOT and rode it with the lights on. The most uninteresting thing ever they said.

DisneyorBust
08-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Our family got stuck on Splash Mtn, just before you start your slow ascent to the big drop! I did get tired of the two Buzzards talking 'to' us.
Youngest DD and I got stuck on Tower of Terror just before being loaded into the drop elevator shaft, luckily we had a great group of folks in our car and had a fun time waiting. The lights came on and we were lead to a real elevator to start our journey all over again. We were given the choice of a FP for later or front of the line immediately, we voted for front of the line!

Mogie
08-29-2011, 12:25 PM
probably 90% of the times ive been on Splash Mountain. Once for almost 15 minutes.

Got stuck on Indiana Jones in Disneyland too. Right where Indy is hanging from a Rope the instant before the boulder comes down crashing.
It seemed like it took hours.

Mogie
08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Actually got stuck in Space Mountain in the queue to board the rockets. Someone dropper their hat on the ride and they had to turn all the lights on and walk the track. That was pretty cool to see the inside of the ride with all the lights.

minnie04
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Splash Mountain:(

ltjrrich
08-30-2011, 11:42 AM
It seems like Splash Mountain is a common one. It's also the one that happened to me, back in 2003. My dad and I went on, and the ride had paused a couple of times but never for very long. Then we got through the big drop, saw the grand finale, and right as we got to Brer Rabbit and Mr. Bluebird singing in front of Brer Rabbit's house the ride stopped. Eventually the music was shut off, so instead of hearing "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" over and over, we just heard the clicking of the audio-animatronics. We were stopped there for maybe 15 minutes, and some cast members came and got us out of the log. We were almost at the ride exit, so we didn't see too much of the SM backstage area.

It's so weird, isn't it, being backstage and seeing all the ride mechanics - and then suddenly you're back in the park and there's no trace of how you got there or how to get backstage. It's almost eerie - "Where were we? How did we get back here? Where did the door go?"

disneymom2000
08-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I have gotten stuck on POTC twice but not in the same visit. Never had to walk off and it wasn't too bad waiting for them to fix the problems. I'm just glad it wasn't an outside ride or one with a steep incline.

MissMaryPoppins
08-30-2011, 09:58 PM
My cousin and I were stuk on TTA in a rain storm once. Something got struck by lightening in the park and the ride stopped. We were across from Space Mountain and suddenly it began to pour and the wind picked up. We got soaked and were hysterically laughing. Finally a cast member came, opened the doors and lead a bunch of us along the track and down a flight a stairs and into a shop. We were so wet we had to go back to the resort where it handy rained at all.

My younger cousins were in Disney World for the first time when they were 7 and 6. They all went on Splash Mountain and were stuck near the unloading area for about 30mins. My cousin to this day remembers the spiel. He even recited it to us when they got back. Last summer I rode Splash Mountain with him and his parents and we were stuck in the same spot for a few minutes and my uncle said " not again!" and my cousin, who was 14, showed us that he still remembered it word for word.

Joy

laprana
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
I've been stuck on Test Track too many times to count! I got stuck on Splash Mountain with my sister for about 30 minutes once. The only time I've ever had to actually get off a ride that was stuck and walk out of the attraction, though, was on the TTA. We were in the part where the TTA goes inside Space Mountain and the ride just stopped. We sat there for probably 20-30 minutes and then a CM came over the speakers and said everyone had to disembark the cars. We walked through that super dark area and then down a bunch of steps outside, and as we were leaving, CMs were handing out FPs for Space Mountain. It was actually kind of neat to walk around in there! :blush:

We LOVE Disney
08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Expedition Everest-on the chain going up the huge hill where you can see everything. got stuck for about a minute, kinda scary.

Same here but we were stuck for probably 5 minutes and it was sunny & hot!!

Also got stuck on Spaceship Earth for about 30 minutes. Apparently someone jumped out of their ride vehicle and they couldn't start the ride until they found the person. Hopefully that person got thrown out of the park!!

Eponine
08-31-2011, 03:41 PM
In Dec of 2005 I was on TOT and before the compartment goes into the shaft to go up an down and it stopped. It was during Pop Warner and we had some annoying kids saying "oh I'm so scared" jokingly and I said "umm...this really isn't supposed to happen"

A moment later a voice came on saying "please remain seated, etc". Then they turned the lights on!! And a guy came in with a step ladder and we had to climb down and we walk through the ride with the lights on to a real elevator that took us back down to the loading zone and loaded us in a new one.

It was very interesting see ing everything with the lights on. Very different indeed!

SBETigg
08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Splash Mountain(multiple times), Haunted Mansion(multiple times), Pirates of the Caribbean(multiple times), Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth (backward, more than once), It's a Small World, Peoplemover.

Dopeysgal
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
We have been stuck numerous times, but we've never had to evacuate a ride on foot.

We've been stuck on Test Track pretty much once per trip, once for about half an hour. My mom called me and I had an entire conversation with her while the ride was stopped.

I've been stuck on Splash Mountain a few times for 5-10 minutes.

Been stuck at the end of Pirates, I think mostly due to bottlenecks..maybe? Each boat that came behind us would slam into us. Not fun.

Stuck on HM, which I don't think was usually stuck but loading/unloading handicapped passengers. one time though, we were stuck tilting backward going into the graveyard, and once we were stuck in the graveyard for 5-10 minutes.

I don't remember which ride it was..maybe Splash mountain, but I do remember being stuck for awhile on an incline and it hurting my neck quite a bit.

rmsongs
09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
We've had to walk off Ellen's Energy thing twice - both times right at the end. My sons and one of my daughters got stuck on SE and ended up having to walk down a whole bunch of stairs to get out. I seem to remember being stuck on TTA also, but we were able to wait until it got moving again.

Disneymom201
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Last October we got stuck on HM. My 7 year old was terrified!!!! Unfortunately he was a few Doom Buggies ahead of us with other family members and there was nothing that I could do at the time to confort him. My DH & I were above the dining room scene for a good half hour.
On the down-side once the lights came on (for quite awhile) it really took the spookiness out of the ride :spoiler: But on a good note, the inside is immaculate (even saw a few dust pans & brooms on the walk out).
The only thing that really bothered me was the CM's needed to come around and manually unlock each Doom-Buggy by hand inorder for us to walk off. It just really made me think if there was a fire how they would be able to get everyone out in a short amount of time????
My DSs were stuck in the attic. DS said that he saw a Jack Skellington book. We rode several times this year...but I was never able to find it.

2005-2007 Off Property
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2010 Surprise vacation for the boys to AKL
2011 Contemporary Club Level/Beach Club
2012 Hope to travel in October....Disney Baby is on his or her way!!!! Cheating this time. Able to find out on 9/23/11 if it's a Princess or a Pirate!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Suzi Q
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I've been on several, the only one that kind of scared me a little (I was a rookie then) was being stuck on the incline on test track and being afraid another car was going to crash into the back of us! It put-putted to a stop, we sat there for about 3 minutes, and then it finally started again and got up to full speed.

Diznee4Me
09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
BTMRR. Stuck for quite a while and finally escorted off the ride. We had an interesting walk up the tracks, down a ladder and then under the tracks and "mountains." Interesting to see how they are made and all of the paraphanalia scattered behind the scenes. :mickey:

Buttercup
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Last January, stuck for 45 minutes in the burning town of Pirates of the Caribbean. Right near the man sitting with the pigs, across from the pirate wearing several hats on his head. Got some AWESOME photographs!

Then the boats moved ahead a little and we were below the hairy leg pirate, so I got lots of great shots of him as well!

It was creepy though - often the sound would go off, and yet the pirates were still moving and swaying... then a big loud siren would go on, and a terribly LOUD P.A. system voice would come on and tell people to remain calm, etc. I still don't know what the hold-up was but we made the best of the situation!

jnfr2424
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
When I was younger we got stuck on HM right at the graveyard scene when things pop out from behind the headstone. It took me a while before I ever went back on.

Been walked off Space Mtn with all the lights on it is a truly different experience

POC many times
and every time it rained we got stuck on UoE

brownie
09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
We were stuck on the Great Movie Ride in the Munchkinland scene last November. They eventually had to have us walk out since they couldn't get the ride restarted. We were able to walk on the yellow brick road, though.

dizneydeb22
09-14-2011, 03:54 PM
On our honeymoon in 1998, we were stuck on It's a Small World for about 30 minutes before it started moving again. As we pulled in to the exit, the boat behind us bumped us past where it was safe to unload, so we had to ride it again. My husband let out a not so nice word. When I chided him that children were around, one of the fathers said, " He just said what we are all thinking!" We had a good chuckle, but he still won't go on the ride, 13years later!

LudwigVonDrake
09-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Tower of Terror. They took us back up in a elevator and let us ride again. It was strange seeing a modern looking elevator in the ride :mickey:

Big Thunder Mountain. It was at the end of the ride outside the station near the geysers. They came out to get us and we walked along a path back to the station. It was 2:00 in the morning and they gave a fastpass :mickey:

tinkerbellvr123
10-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I got stuck on Expedition Everest. We got stuck right before the big yeti. They had to walk us off the ride, it was very interesting to walk down a ton of steps. We finally went outside and walked along the exit of the ride.:thumbsup:
Also, I got stuck on Test Track right before the big truck appeared out of nowhere. When the ride started up again the truck horn went off and scared us. LOL !

jnfr2424
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Just returned for a trip and we got stuck on Spaceship Earth right at the top when the time traveler turns around. We saw CM's with flashlights walking up and down the stairs and then after sitting still for 20 minutes lights came on and they manually opened the doors and we had to walk down all those stairs!!!

EpcotFan182
10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I've gotten stuck on SSE a few times but it has always started up again after a few minutes. I got stuck on Winnie the Pooh and Test Track and had to be walked off the rides. The Test Track one hurt the most though because I remember waiting so long to get on!

MrPeetrie
10-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Bus Ride back to resort!!!!! I'm not kidding!!!

It was the night of the MNSSHP. It was about 12:30 a.m. and we were all exhausted. Nothing but tired adults and wiped-out kids. As we turn onto World Drive, our bus starts making a "beeping" noise. After a few minutes, it stopped. Then it resumed with a more serious sounding "double-beeping" sound. The bus driver pulled over and turned off the truck. After a few minutes, he re-started the bus and we started back to the Caribbean Beach. As he began his exit from World Drive, the bus began beeping again. Once again, he pulled over and turned off the truck. Our on-board information system kept going on and off. After another extended wait, he re-started the bus and resumed the trip to CB. As he turned into the resort, it begain beeping a third time. This time, he just kept driving. At least we made it to our stop.

Victor Kelly
10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
With the exception of the speedway, I have been stuck on every attraction at least once. Mind you, it has never been for very long. The longest was on the skyway dangling above the speedway for 45 minutes with a thunderstorm coming. They had just gotten everyone off not more than 5 minutes before the monsoon started.:woohoo:

BriarRose0708
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I've been stuck on Haunted Mansion (but who hasn't) before it was re-habbed, and then recently we made it through the pre-show but the ride shut down before we could load.

Tower of Terror- everything was working fine until we got right to the drop. We just sat there in the dark, completely tense waiting for the car to drop.... and it never did. The lights eventually came on and we waited some more. The announcements were saying to stay in our seats (we were in a ride shaft, where did they think we'd go??) and we thought they would walk us off. But, just as suddenly as we stopped the ride started up again and went through the drop sequence with the lights on. Thrilling, but not as scary without the effects! Once we were in the unload area we were taken up the real elevator to the boiler room and got to ride again!:number1:

Arnold Simba
10-26-2011, 09:59 PM
I know this makes me a nut-case (lol), but I actually enjoy getting stuck on the rides! I love to videotape (been doing so for many years), and stoppages on rides allows me to film in depth a specific part of the ride. It's kinda cool to get close-ups of animatronics and scenes - it makes me appreciate that much more the detail that Disney Imagineers put into their work. If anyone has any "stoppage footage", let me know!

Offhand, the rides I have been stuck on:

POTC - Been stuck on this many times, especially at the end. Best time being stranded was at the auction scene. Ride got stuck for about 20 minutes, lights came on for a spell, and I was able to get extensive footage of the auction (I luvs me "Redhead"! lol) Second best time was getting stuck in the burning town. Lights eventually came on. Great footage and kinda creepy watching the Pirates sing without hearing any audio.

HM - Many times. However, the places where I wish I could be stuck for 10-15 minutes would be the the ballroom, Madame Leota seance, and the GGG. Once got stuck on the downstairs drop for about 15 minutes. Wow, what a neck breaker! lol

SSE- Many times. Wish I could get stuck at "Rome" for about 10 minutes. It would be cool if they could add a "Ben Hur" chariot race scene in the background! lol

Horizons - I miss this ride. Got stuck at the orange grove once for a few minutes. I can't drink orange juice without thinking of that scene. Was also stuck at the rotating space repair stations at the end. Got some good footage on that occasion. It was amazing how Disney Imagineers staged that scene. Watching the rotating station in the background was mind-blowing.

Splash Mountain - Unlike everyone else on this post, I have NEVER been stranded on this ride! lol

IASW - Like crying babies on airplanes, me getting stuck on this ride is a curse. Last time I rode this I was stuck about a minute from the end for about 20 minutes. All that time "IASW" figures tormented me - dancing and singing the song over and over, slowly bending me to their will. By the time I finally exited the ride, I was like a "Manchurian Candidate!" lol lol

Darbylew
10-26-2011, 10:49 PM
We were stuck on spaceship earth one time.
They turned on all the lights and we had to walk down the stairs. It was interesting to see it with the lights on. We have been stuck on a lot of rides but that is the first one that we had to walk out of. The rest of them just started over
again. :mickey:

hokies4life
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
On the 21st we were at DHS and got stuck on Star Tours. We had just gone to light speed to drop off our Rebel Spy and then the whole thing just shut down. We were stuck for probably at least 15 minutes. When they were finally able to come in and get us we all got fastpasses for Star Tours good until the 31st and were escorted to another bay if we wanted to ride again right then.

We also heard that on the 20th POC went down and they had to have CMs wading in the water and pulling the boats in to a place the people to get off if they weren't near an exit. Not sure what caused that but I heard people were stuck for like 45 minutes.

We also had the occasional stop on HM, but thats nothing new.

Victor Kelly
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
The absolute worse is getting stuck on a monorail. Especially mid-beam.

I love IASW, but 20 minutes is too much.

MaxPower
10-27-2011, 04:21 PM
ROCK N ROLLER COASTER

I was at the Hollywood Studios first thing in the morning. After riding Toy Story Mania, my friend and I went to ride Rock N Roller Coaster. We waited maybe 5 minutes total in the queue.

My friend had never been on Rock N Roller Coaster before so I was excited for him to experience it. I have ridden it many, many times before.

By chance, we were directed to sit in the very front two seats of our "limo". As we pull away from the loading area, we stop at the usual place under the display board to wait for Steven Tyler's countdown and then our immediate take-off.

After about 3 minutes of waiting, I knew that there might be a glitch and that the ride was having an issue.

Now remember, I am in the very front seat, and after about seven minutes of waiting, I can see that all of the lights down the track and into the building that houses the coaster track have all been turned on.

At this point a cast member walks up to the side of the limo and tells all of us they are fixing the problem and we should take off in a few minutes.

Of course, the queue is growing and growing at this point and there are a lot of people in line behind the fence just watching us sit.

After about 20 minutes of being strapped in the limo, I am fully expecting someone to come release us and direct us to just walk out at this point - but INSTEAD, a cast member comes up and says to all of the riders:

"We're having an issue with the coaster. Right now, we're going to launch you into the ride and you will have full audio, However, all of the lights will be on during the ride."

And sure enough, One minute later, we are launched into the ride building with perfect audio but all of the lights are on in the building.

Now as a Disney fan who has ridden this ride many times, I am in heaven. All of the lights are on. I can see every twist and turn of the black track and how it's actually laid out (The room is more like a large square box rather than a rectangular warehouse.)

To my surprise, all along the walls and underneath the track down on the floor are numerous work benches and tables covered with tools and boxes--much like a garage or storage area. You can tell it must be used as a workshop after hours. Of course I can see all of the signs that are usually individually illuminated during the ride- such as the Hollywood sign and the spotlights. I'm surprised I didn't hurt my neck as I was trying to take everything in rather than enjoying the coaster ride.

rubato
10-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Carousel of Progress. We had to watch the same segment over and over.

It was a bit eerie.There were only about 10 people in our section.The CM kept breaking in with a message to not leave your seat and to not try exit. After about 10 minutes, we started to wonder if there was an apocalypse going on outside. Why else would they keep us trapped when the exit doors were so close and tempting? :paranoid:

This was our experience as well. The problem was that after the first time (which was caused by somebody walking out) everyone else kept doing it. Every time the door opened, we had to stay in place for another round. Ugh!!!!

My son and husband got stuck on the monorail for an hour during the marathon. Does that count?