PDA

View Full Version : Snowing at Studios

andreallybadeggs
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Ho Everyone. Thinking of taking my 85 year old parents to DHS just before Thanksgiving. (Nov. 21,22,23) Will probably stay off site as a vacation home will suit my Mom's needs better. Would love to show them the Osborne Lights since they are are from Arkansas and sadly Mr. Osborne just recently passed away. Is there anyway to know ahead of time which nights we might see "snow"? They are both suckers for that kind of effect and since we may not be able to take them again I'd like to make this trip really count.

minnie04
08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I looked it up and it says "some" nights there is snow... I wonder if you call direct maybe they can give you a better answer..Good luck :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I did not know that there were nights that it did not snow during the Osbourne lights. We always have been lucky then, we have always seen them. :mickey:

disneymom15
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
We've been going regular since 2004 and it's snowed every time we were there.

NewDVCowner
08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
My understanding is that they won't do the snow if it's raining or wet - since the snow is actually soap it could get slippery.

Pirate Granny
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Hummmmm I don't ever remember snow....will look for it this year

AdventurerKim
08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
It's always snowed, and we've been going since the Osborne Lights started. I still bring my old
"3D" glasses and look at the lights. I wish they would do those again.

BrerGnat
08-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know what time this show "starts". I can't find that info anywhere. We want to be there when they turn them all on, as my son is fascinated by lights/electric stuff and would love to see it all come alive at once. I want to be sure we are there to see it start.

magicofdisney
08-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know what time this show "starts". I can't find that info anywhere. We want to be there when they turn them all on, as my son is fascinated by lights/electric stuff and would love to see it all come alive at once. I want to be sure we are there to see it start.
I can't give you a start time. They present the lights several times a night by shutting everything off and beginning again. I would say a minimum of once an hour and after sunset. At that time of year, as early as 6?

Sylvia
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
My understanding is that they won't do the snow if it's raining or wet - since the snow is actually soap it could get slippery.

It's been several years since I was there for the Osborne Lights. On one evening, I distinctly remember that, even though it was raining and cold (and silly me left her warm jacket back at the resort) it was snowing at DHS. The next time (during the same trip) that I went back, it was warm, dry, and still snowing.

renecat
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM

The lights are turned on every night at 6:00 PM
starts Nov. 10, 2011 thru the holidays