PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way from WL to Poly

gregf71
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
We have a couple of breakfast ADRs at the Poly during our upcoming stay and wondered what the best option is to get us from the Wilderness Lodge to the Poly.

I figure we have to take the boat from WL to the Magic Kingdom and then either the monorail or Poly boat to the Poly. Of those two, which might be faster? Is the WL boat drop off point closer to either the monorail station or the Poly boat launch? :mickey:

Ms. Mode
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Just back from WL and let me say the boat rides are just lovely! The bus can take a while at times, I'd take a boat to MK then another boat to Poly. That might not be the fastest but it would sure be enjoyable. :number1:

Scar
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
The fastest way would be by car. The next fastest way would be to walk... about 15 minutes.

The resorts use the same dock at the MK. The monorail is a couple hundred feet away.

CajunDisneyDad
08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I would have to say walk lol. I know some of the buses also go to FT. Wilderness and to GF...but I dont remember any stoping at the Poly....

DisneyDINK
08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
The fastest way would be by car. The next fastest way would be to walk... about 15 minutes.

Can you walk from the WL to the Poly? There are no sidewalks, crosswalks, etc. Would you just walk on the grass by the road? Does WDW have any official stance on that?

faline
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Can you walk from the WL to the Poly? There are no sidewalks, crosswalks, etc. Would you just walk on the grass by the road? Does WDW have any official stance on that?

There is not a walking route from Wilderness Lodge to the Poly. I'd probably take a boat or bus to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to a Poly boat or the monorail from there. You could also take the boat to the Contemporary and pick up the monorail at that location.

DisneyDINK
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM
There is not a walking route from Wilderness Lodge to the Poly.

I thought I said that?

faline
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Can you walk from the WL to the Poly?

Sort of but not exactly! :D

Scar
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Can you walk from the WL to the Poly? ?Yes.

There are no sidewalks, crosswalks, etc. Would you just walk on the grass by the road? ?Correct.

Does WDW have any official stance on that?I am unaware of any official stance. But I can say that I have walked around that area, and seen others also walking. It was quite safe and easy.

fatboy
08-23-2011, 10:40 PM
There is not a walking route from Wilderness Lodge to the Poly. I'd probably take a boat or bus to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to a Poly boat or the monorail from there. You could also take the boat to the Contemporary and pick up the monorail at that location.

Agreed!!!

BigRedDad
08-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Resort-Resort transportation is only quick by car or taxi. Otherwise, you have to hop different transportation methods.

WL to Poly by taxi would only be about $5 with tip.

buzznwoodysmom
08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
If we were in a hurry we would either drive or take a taxi.

In the past when we've stayed at WL and had reservations at the Poly we've always taken the boat to the Contemporary and then hop the monorail to the Poly.

Mousemates
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Taxi - very quick...very convenient...relatively inexpensive for that short of a distance...less than ten bucks with tip.

gregf71
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Is there still a bus route for a theme park or water park that goes from the Wilderness Lodge to the Polynesian? If so, how many stops are there in between the two?

buzznwoodysmom
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
We've stayed at WL 4 times now and I remember sharing a bus with Ft. Wilderness, and the GF, but I don't ever recall sharing with the Poly. Not saying it doesn't happen, just that we've never experienced that.

jenperich
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Last year we stayed at WL and had a breakfast at Poly the first day. We took a boat to the Contemporary, and then took the monorail to the Poly. I thought that was pretty quick. I mean maybe 30-45 minutes, but as Ms. Mode said, it was very enjoyable! :-)

TexansInNY
08-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Walking will get you bitter when the MK busses keep driving by :)

MinnieMommie
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
What DH ans I have done when staying at BLT/CR is take a boat to WL for an early morning walk and then take the boat back to CR to jump on the monorail for breakfast at the Poly. This is a most enjoyable boat ride and from CR it really is very quick to get to the Poly - we do this frequently. :mickey:

Robbieligh
08-24-2011, 11:35 PM
You can take a boat to the Contemporary then hop the monorail.

VWL Mom
08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
We are at WL now. The morning boat to CR goes to Ft W first then CR. We took cab yesterday, it was $5 plus tip but worth it IMO

K8screen
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
It would be good if WDW produced a footpath network so you could walk from anywhere, resort or park, to anywhere else, directly. Some paths would be alongside roads, but others could be across country. This would give people a green and healthy option for getting about. Dont suppose this will happen though, Disney would probably be worried about people getting lost, knocked down, or attacked, particularly after dark, not to mention cost. If paths existed I would certainly use them.

mydisneygirls
08-25-2011, 02:30 PM
You're on vacation....what's the rush!!! We will be staying at WL Sep 17-24 and we'll be doing what everyone has suggested. Hop on the boat to CR and then take monorail. ===== VWL Mom - how is the weather there? Hot? Just wondering what it will be like in Sep!

VWL Mom
08-26-2011, 07:14 AM
You're on vacation....what's the rush!!! We will be staying at WL Sep 17-24 and we'll be doing what everyone has suggested. Hop on the boat to CR and then take monorail. ===== VWL Mom - how is the weather there? Hot? Just wondering what it will be like in Sep!

Did you ever try to get two boys 16 & 19 up for breakfast? It's a rush, believe me :D

The weather was hot and humid but not unbearable. The late day showers cool everything down a bit. Just needed to keep hydrated, always carry ponchos, and go at a slower pace.

RBrooksC
08-26-2011, 07:46 AM
We always rent a car when in WDW for this very reason. Also, I hate having to rely on Disney Transportation and nothing says fun to me like standing on a bus.

With that being said, I would suggest taking the boat to the CR and then riding the Resort Monorail to the Poly.

While this may not be the fastest, it most likely will be your most direct route without a car or walking.

mydisneygirls
08-26-2011, 01:16 PM
VWL Mom ------ ha, ha , ha!!! No I don't have boys but do have 13 and 12 year old girls. We'll see how they are this upcoming trip (to the WL first time). And thanks for the reminder about ponchos! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Just back from WL and let me say the boat rides are just lovely! The bus can take a while at times, I'd take a boat to MK then another boat to Poly. That might not be the fastest but it would sure be enjoyable. :number1:

I love the boat rides as well!!!

I would take a boat to the Contemporary and then monorail to Poly :mickey: