PDA

View Full Version : Post-A-Day....(1)

RavsRuleDisney!
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
So now that our trip was pushed back a year :(
I figure how do i stay under the WDW spell? A post a day until our next trip that's how(we'll see how long this lasts!).

I'll throw this one out to get me started. DW and I were discussing making our 2012 stay a longer one than our past few trips. With that in mind I thought it would be cool - or slightly odd - to spend one of our visits to MK experiencing just the 'oldies' of the park. We both remember going as kiddies during the Mr. Toad years. We'll make a list and with a little luck hit up every darn original or near original attraction out there. May have to skip Dumbo (or maybe not!) and the teacups(would end my day) but all else is game. Here's what I got so far....

space mountain / indy cars / astro orbiter / peter pan / snow white / dumbo / caroussel / iasw / philharmagic(snuck that one in) / hm / cb jamboree / hofp / riverboat / shooting arcade / pirates / jungle cruise / tiki / treehouse / train / ts island / afternoon parade

what i miss?! so what do you think - has anyone ever done something similar? :mickey:

Disney Hungarian
08-23-2011, 10:37 AM
WED Way people mover. CoP

RavsRuleDisney!
08-23-2011, 10:59 AM
WED Way people mover. CoP

Check. check.... ;)

btharvey
08-23-2011, 11:33 AM
... the skyway ...

I'd also recommend listening to Disney music/sounds/etc. on Intercot Radio and at Subsonicradio. Live365 for the first (and scores of others), direct for the 2nd.

darthmacho
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Pirates is not really an original attraction, per se, as far as it wasn't there on opening day, nor was it intended to be. Apparently they weren't going to have the ride at WDW, but there was such demand for it, they added it later. :mickey:

Anyway, I don't think it really matters. It's an oldie that you really should have on your list despite my nerdy intervention. I like your plan, especially the part about adding days... :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next post already!

wilcat
08-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse - always a favorite. Dole Whips?

brownie
08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
... the skyway ...

I think they were looking for things to do. Since the skyway no longer exists, it really can't be added to the list.

btharvey
08-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Ah ... misread it, I suppose ... I retract my item.