PDA

View Full Version : Free dining & Crowds

TexasPrincessAurora
08-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Traditionally how has free dining impacted the crowds in the fall? We're headed down the second week in October, which I know typically is a less crowded time but I'm wondering if the free dining kind of cancels that out.

ransam
08-22-2011, 02:05 PM
It's hard to day because free dining has been during the fall for the last few years...so it's kind of part of the fall activities.

BigRedDad
08-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I was at the F&W Festival that time last year. No free dining though. Crowds were extremely manageable throughout the parks. WS was definitely busier than normal. But everything else was pretty smooth sailing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Free dining has an impact on the restaurants, but not so much on the parks.

We've been during and not during free dining, and didn't notice a big difference.

Enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

lighteningqueen
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
What I do not get is why everyone thinks that WDW is crowded BECAUSE of free dining. When the average person calls up to book,they are not told about free dining.You have to know or have the code for it.Think of all the tens of thousands of people who have no clue about these boards, tv does not advertise free dining. So while you think that the crowds are because of FREE dining it just isn't so. Sure lots know but some and most prefer huge room discounts, you cannot have both. So I say NO it makes no impact. Really. When we went in 2009 I was talking to another family who only does disboards and she knew but it opened up a huge can of worms about the dining.No one on that bus in the back end knew about discounts of any sorts. Restaurants are busy because people need a sit down and word of mouth while on property is what fills them up. There is always walk up room. There has to be, for the people who do not know.It might just not be the time your family wants it. Plus your resort can call for you to find a place to eat.