PDA

View Full Version : Booking BLT @ the 7 month window?

Disney_Barbie
08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi all,
quick question : is it hard to get into BLT with only the 7 month window? We'd be thinking of traveling sometime next summer, just looking for a studio with a standard view.

How do you feel the sucess rate of booking 7 months out for BLT is? Do you think it's likely that we could get in, or is it a long shot that I should not get my heart set on? Thanks!

Thanks for the insite!

laprana
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I think it really depends on when you will be going. You'll probably have a harder time booking at the 7-month mark if you're going in December than you would if you were going in September. We stayed in a 2-bedroom lake view at BLT in May 2010, including Memorial Day weekend, and had no trouble at all booking at the 7-month mark.

One thing to note is that there are much fewer standard view and MK view rooms than there are lake view rooms at BLT, so you might have a tougher time booking a standard view at 7 months. But, you can always waitlist and you will probably have a good shot at it coming through. Good luck! :mickey:

faline
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
I was able to book a 2-bedroom Lake View within the 7 month mark - however, I went armed with 3 different sets of dates and 2 other resorts to try (although Bay Lake was the first choice). I was able to book the room I wanted with our third set of dates.

greengeen
08-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I truly believe you should buy where you want to stay, because ANY resort is a long shot at the 7 month mark. Be prepared to be flexible. You can always waitlist and hope for the best.

Plex
08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
We pulled it off for August with no problems. Get in early on the first day of your 7-month window and it shouldn't be too hard. I pulled off an MK view Studio on the first call. Being flexible on dates or view definitely can help. Just keep on calling if you have trouble.

I like to book a studio at my home resort at the 11 month window and then change the reservation later on to the resort that I prefer - I know I've heard of a lot of other folks doing this too. Crazy as it may sound, I'm sure even people that own at BLT use this strategy.

Aurora
08-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Here's another person who had no problem booking BLT for a 1-bedroom lake view for 5 nights in early June. I called the first day I was able.

Standard rooms are in extremely small supply though -- I've read they make up only 10 percent of the available rooms. I've also read that even people whose home resort is BLT and who call at the 11-month mark have a hard time getting standard view. So have a Plan B.

diz_girl
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Depending on when in the summer you want the room, it might be a long shot to get a standard view studio. At BLT, 70% of the rooms are lake view, 20% are theme park (MK) view and 10% are standard view. A lot of people try to adopt your strategy in order to stay at BLT, but there just aren't that many standard-view studio rooms to go around. A lake-view studio uses up about 10% more points and there are more lake-view rooms to go around, so you might have a better shot at that. If you're flexible about dates during the summer, then late August/early September is your best bet. Good luck.

MinnieMommie
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
I think it is doable getting BLT at the 7 month window but my best recommendation is to call the minute DVC opens the morning of your 7 month window. I have had my best luck when doing this. That being said, you will have a better chance of getting a lake view than a standard studio. Much more inventory with Lake View vs Standard view. :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
We tried to book a studio with std view for oct at the 7 month mark and are still on the wait list 5 months later. Sure hope it comes through but akl will be nice also. Good luck.