PDA

View Full Version : WDW Recipes

iceicebritney
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Is there a place within Intercot where we can share our favorite recipes from WDW? I did some searching but had no luck.

We love to recreate our favorite dishes from the world at home in preparation for our upcoming trips. It would be great if we could all share them:mickey:

Strmchsr
08-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Right here in Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/default.asp) is a list of all WDW recipes we have. If you have one to add, you can pass it along to Carol or Melanie or John and they can add it to our list.

TheVBs
08-22-2011, 03:38 PM
We tried the cheese soup from Le Cellier. We made it on Christmas and it was good! Although, I have to admit we never tried it in the restaurant, so I have no idea how it compares. :blush:

The only other recipe we tried was the breakfast pizza. Again, it was good, but we never tried the original.

iceicebritney
08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Thank you for the link Chris! I'll check that out.

The VB's, I've always wanted to try the cheese soup at home. I'm afraid I won't be able to master it though. Was it hard to make?

iceicebritney
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
The info central recipe section is great, but I was wondering if there was a specic area for us to discuss the recipes we've tried? I'd like to hear people's successes and failures with wdw recipes. Also, the changes they may have made that have enhanced their recipes. I was wondering if anything like that exists within the boards?

Scott C
08-22-2011, 04:37 PM

The VB's, I've always wanted to try the cheese soup at home. I'm afraid I won't be able to master it though. Was it hard to make?

I also made the soup - actually I make it about twice a year(about as much as the diet allows)--it is very east to make - enjoy

Thanks
Scott C

TheVBs
08-22-2011, 08:23 PM

It was pretty easy to make, but it does make a LOT! I was able to freeze some of it and reheat it later with no problems though. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I was wondering if anything like that exists within the boards?

No, but you're welcome to start a thread for that specific purpose and you might ask the mods in the dining forum if they think it would be a good thing to "sticky" so folks could find it easily.

btharvey
08-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Gloriosky, I'd forgotten about that link ... thank you so much! Now I have the next three weeks laid out. Of course, my first attempt is one that you don't have ... to recreate the delicate parmesan cream sauce used at Tutto Italia when I ordered the Farfalle. It was thin, but not too thin ... delicate, but present ... flavorful, but not in your face ... in other words, perfect!

That attempt is probably three days in the making, at least. But what yummy days .... :mickey:

mgmnut
08-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I never even realized that link was there. I love to try to make meals at home that I have enjoyed out at restaurants.

just 2 days ago I made the Smokey Portobello Mushroom soup with roasted shiitakis from Artist Point, home made crutons and all. It came out great. Although the recipie is not on this page. I tried this soup last month when we were there, even my kids liked it. I can't wait to start diving in to these other recipies.

The best part is I actually like the cooking more than I like the eating.

mgmnut
08-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Can't wait to try to make Dole Whips at home!!!