PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Greeters?

MarkC
08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Question for all you Disney experts. Last week our minister mentioned that Disneyworld had "stealth greeters" in the park that would act as regular vacationers and talk to others, making sure they were having a good time. Of course he wanted us to do the same in our church.

As a veteran of 20 trips over 20+ years, I had never heard of such a thing. We've had surveys taken, etc. but nothing like this. Has anyone heard of Disney CMs talking to people without revealing that they are CMs? Just curious. Thanks.

finaldynasty
08-21-2011, 05:18 PM
This is my first time hearing about this...

gerald72
08-21-2011, 05:32 PM
At the amusement park where I used to work, there were "stealth guests" who interacted with the employees to see how they acted, but I've never heard of doing that with other guests, however. I does make sense. Like the plant in the crowd who cheers at the right time. The "stealth guests" were easy to pick out- no kids, carried a souvenir cup, etc.

Disney Hungarian
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
The "stealth guests" were easy to pick out- no kids, carried a souvenir cup, etc.

I've been a stealth guest all these years!! That is so cool. :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
In all the research I've done and discussions I've had I haven't heard of "stealth greeters." I've heard of "stealth guests" plenty of times, but when WDW wants your opinion, they just ask. They have people doing surveys all over the place. BTW, if your pastor is a Disney fan tell him (or you should too) to check out my book The Church Mouse:Leadership Lessons From the Magic Kingdom, which is about applying Disney leadership principles to the church setting.

steamboat willy
08-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Back in the day when I was a young "WDW Cast Member" in Watercraft, they DID HAVE "Shoppers" that would come into your area and observe, interact and see how we handled the situation and treated the "guest"!

No Problem For Me! :mickey:

Weeded out those employees that needed to be behind the scene.......somewhere else!

nifty48
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Back in the day when I was a young "WDW Cast Member" in Watercraft, they DID HAVE "Shoppers" that would come into your area and observe, interact and see how we handled the situation and treated the "guest"!

My MIL worked part time as a "Shopper" at Disney World. She started in October 1975. She was transferred into reservations after working as a Shopper for a few years. I lived in NY at the time so I don't remember how long she worked as a Shopper. She went all around acting as a guest and rated employees, food, treatment and park appearance. Basically anything a guest would comment on. I know that anytime I go in the rest rooms at Disney and they are a mess I know my MIL would definitely write it up. She even stayed as a Shopper with my FIL at the Contemporary Resort for a weekend. My nephews used say "Granny is a spy".

beksy
08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
This may be my newest dream job...shopping, spending time in the parks, and getting paid for it! :cloud9:

cuteduck223
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
In all the research I've done and discussions I've had I haven't heard of "stealth greeters." I've heard of "stealth guests" plenty of times, but when WDW wants your opinion, they just ask. They have people doing surveys all over the place. BTW, if your pastor is a Disney fan tell him (or you should too) to check out my book The Church Mouse:Leadership Lessons From the Magic Kingdom, which is about applying Disney leadership principles to the church setting.

This sounds AWESOME. I wonder if i can convince our youth staff to use it :)

TexansInNY
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
and remember...Stop, drop, and roll doesn't work in hell!

lol one of the many signs on a church (yes here in Bama there are many!) I pass from time to time.

:thedolls:

Mousemates
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
and remember...Stop, drop, and roll doesn't work in hell!

lol one of the many signs on a church (yes here in Bama there are many!) I pass from time to time.

:thedolls:

not quite sure where that fits into the discussion...but things do go over my head from time to time. :confused:

TheVBs
08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
My MIL worked part time as a "Shopper" at Disney World. She started in October 1975. She was transferred into reservations after working as a Shopper for a few years. I lived in NY at the time so I don't remember how long she worked as a Shopper. She went all around acting as a guest and rated employees, food, treatment and park appearance. Basically anything a guest would comment on. I know that anytime I go in the rest rooms at Disney and they are a mess I know my MIL would definitely write it up. She even stayed as a Shopper with my FIL at the Contemporary Resort for a weekend. My nephews used say "Granny is a spy".

That sounds like the best job ever!

darthmacho
08-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I wish I could be a "Stealth Eater" at WDW. It's a new job I invented where I visit WDW dining spots and make sure everything is up to Walt's standards. Disney would pay for the food, pay my salary, and make all my ADRs, so I didn't have to.

When can I start! :mickey:

Narawen
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I know the undercover security can make small talk with guests when they're not needed elsewhere, but never heard of a stealth greeter.

Disney Hungarian
08-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I wish I could be a "Stealth Eater" at WDW. It's a new job I invented where I visit WDW dining spots and make sure everything is up to Walt's standards. Disney would pay for the food, pay my salary, and make all my ADRs, so I didn't have to.

When can I start! :mickey:
And I will be your trusty side-kick the stealth drinker. :mickey:

RAIDER
08-24-2011, 03:13 AM
This may be my newest dream job...shopping, spending time in the parks, and getting paid for it! :cloud9:

I am with you on that one :D

LudwigVonDrake
08-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I have heard of Disney having security in stores/shops dressed as tourists to keep an eye on things :mickey:

faline
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I have heard of Disney having security in stores/shops dressed as tourists to keep an eye on things :mickey:

Just about every retail organization does this.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Here, here! :cloud9:

tigger24601
09-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I always wondered about this. We call them secret shoppers. But I would love to try my hand at being on the other side of the register. And I always wondered how they kept theft down. Good to know. But I would still love to see what their loss is.