PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Lining: Find the Good in the Bad.

darthmacho
08-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Think of an attraction you generally dislike, and try to find something in it that you do like about it. Perhaps you like a part of the song, the queue, the safety spiel, or a particular animatronic figure. It could be anything, really.

For example, I don't like Journey Into Your Imagination, but I do like Figment, He's an adorable character with such untapped potential. The ride simply lacks what it's supposed to represent...imagination. I also like the song. It's very catchy! :figment:

What about you? Do you have one?

Disney Hungarian
08-20-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't like ToT or Soaring because I have probs with heights. But they are done so well that I try to ride them every couple of years. It takes me a few months to work myself up to do it. I always enjoy them after I ride them, but I always say never again too. Kudos to Disney for that!

Going2HeavenRU
08-21-2011, 07:23 AM
For me it's mission space. I have never ridden it due problems with motion sickness and because I have seen too many people come off the ride and immediately lose their lunch. I have seen the video on YouTube and think it is really awesome, especially since Disney gets the Mars images from NASA.

MrPeetrie
08-21-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm not a big fan of Journey Into Your Imagination either. But it usually has a short wait time and it's a good way to get out of the heat for a few minutes. That's about the best I can say about that attraction.
:secret: :secret:

SBETigg
08-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't like Sounds Dangerous, and it's the one attraction I can't think of anything redeeming about... well, okay, if you're hot and tired at DHS, it's a cool dark place for a nap. Bonus if you're the one odd person can't get enough of Drew Carey. This one is finally gone, right?

Rhetoric2000
08-21-2011, 10:27 AM
This is an interesting question.

Journey into Imagination - It is at least better than it was when they first re-opened it after ruining it.

Tomorrowland Speedway - I can see the point for it being there, it's clear that many kids like the idea and for some reason I like going past it in the air of the TTA with the facing report soundtrack.

Stich's Great Escape - There are at least a couple of well done bits in the pre-show. And again there is enough to remind me of when this was actually a good attraction.

Magic Carpets - NOTHING. An eyesore, irrelevant and probably my vote for most pointless attraction.

Daisy'sMom
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I also think Journey into the Imagination. I hate what they have done to it, but ride it for the nostalgia of what it use to be. :mickey:

texas211
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Lilo and Stitch. The air conditioning works well for the ride. Other than that. Horrible.

A Big Kid
08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
IASW. It ends.

Terra
08-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Country Bear Jamboree.

The rustic decorations.

gottaluvtink
08-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Hall of Presidents. It's something that you certainly don't need to do more than once, but it sure makes a nice spot to take a rest.

joanna71985
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't like Sounds Dangerous, and it's the one attraction I can't think of anything redeeming about... well, okay, if you're hot and tired at DHS, it's a cool dark place for a nap. Bonus if you're the one odd person can't get enough of Drew Carey. This one is finally gone, right?

No. It operates seasonally

Buttercup
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Hmmm... I don't really hate anything at WDW. Is that weird? I mean, sure, there are things I like better than others, but there's nothing that I look at and go "Oh my gosh, that is just TERRIBLE."

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
The Tower of Terror - I'm deathly afraid of heights - the "chicken exit" allowed me to see all the great cool stuff up until hubby got on the main part of the ride.

Stitch's Great Escape - It's air conditioned.

Journey into - Figment!!

Disney Hungarian
08-21-2011, 10:34 PM
The Tower of Terror - I'm deathly afraid of heights - the "chicken exit" allowed me to see all the great cool stuff up until hubby got on the main part of the ride.
Me 2. But I lived through it and am glad I did.:mickey: I would suggest you do it at least once. I will not lie. It was a horrible experience when they dropped me. Not once but several times. But, the effects are Disney x 10 up till that point and are well worth it.

texas211
08-21-2011, 10:58 PM
This is an interesting question.

Stich's Great Escape - There are at least a couple of well done bits in the pre-show. And again there is enough to remind me of when this was actually a good attraction.

Was the Stitch ride different at one point? B/c i feel all the rides that occupied that space were bad too. I feel that area is cursed to always have horrible attractions. I wish they would have left the time keeper thing, and put monster's inc there..

BigRedDad
08-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Aladdin's Magic Carpets. The best part is having a chance to see the beautiful Jasmine for a photo shoot after.

ryca1dreams
08-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm always a silver lining guy no matter what in life, so I can find something good in any of the WDW attractions. My most disliked attraction is Stitch. However, I do like the effects and the fact that in a previous life it was Mission to Mars.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't like Dinosaur because it is so jerky that I come out with a neck ache...but the special effects really are awesome...I don't like Sounds Dangerous or Figment either just can't think of anything positive to say about them:D

ransam
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I love Journey into the imagination. I don't know why, but i'd say it's one of my top 5 attractions at WDW.

but for me the Stitch ride. and to be honest, I can't think of anytihng i like about...well maybe one thing, people ride it so those people aren't on other rides and making my wait time longer. haha......

Mousemates
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I also think Journey into the Imagination.

me too....but my good is that my DD (19) loves it and I greatly enjoy her enjoyment of it.

indytraveler
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Country Bear Jamboree.

The rustic decorations.

Not Country Bear Jamboree :D

It is Stitch. Do like the queue, kinda makes you think this ride will be good.

c&d
08-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Carousel of Progress. The song, we sing it to DS every time we head over for Space Mtn. because he so disliked the ride.

Stu29573
08-23-2011, 10:31 AM
The German river ride at Epcot....because even though they built the show building, it doesn't exist. The silver lining is that the supporting structures and themeing are great! (and beer:beer:)

Gator
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I can't stand Universe of Energy. But if I imagine the T-Rex that roars at the end actually eats Ellen, it helps me to stay sane.

Dopeysgal
09-06-2011, 05:19 PM
My first thought was Figment, and that it never has a line. haha. I do like Figment. DH told me when he was a kid it was much better and he recently showed me a vidoe on youtube and said "See, that's way better than an upside down house, isn't it?" I feel like they could do so much more with it. I honestly ride it one per trip or every other if I want to get off my feet for a few minutes.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Hall of Presidents - It's boring, but the animatronics are good and it was nice and cool in there to take a rest.

Malstrom - maybe I don't like this one because we got stuck just before the drop ... and just didn't seem worth the 40 minute wait. But ... I like Norway!

Jungle Cruise - And we got a fast pass for this? Boring ... but ... the CM seemed to be having a great time!

:mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
09-07-2011, 06:18 AM
I've never liked Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, but I think the Buzz Lightyear animatronic with the giant Viewfinder in the queue is really neat.

disneymom2000
09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I really don't like RnR but it sure helps to split the crowd from ToT

McLiberal8
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't like parades, but I love the short lines they give me :thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
09-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't love IASW, but I do really look forward to the "rainforest"y scene.

But I'm with Buttercup, there really isn't anything that I hate...there are things I don't enjoy as much as others or that I could take or leave. But not really much that I think is "terrible". Although, that said, I did stop going to the Tiki room after it was updated with new management.

Terra
09-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Not Country Bear Jamboree :D

It is Stitch. Do like the queue, kinda makes you think this ride will be good.

**runs and hides** I know, I know!!! So un-disney :). The weird thing is though that I thought the movie was cute!

DisneyKim22
09-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I love the negative to positive part of this thread! I really had to give this question some thought though because I couldn't think of something off the top of my head that I didn't like. Then another poster made me remember the one attraction I have avoided for years - The Tiki Birds Under New Management, or whatever it was called. I saw the show once and vowed never again. The silver lining of the show was the peaks of the original that you could still get between Iago and Zazu's interruptions. The platinum lining is that we're now back to "nearly" the original now. :thumbsup:

MissMaryPoppins
09-10-2011, 01:01 AM
The only ride I really don't enjoy is "The Carousel of Progress". When I was a kid I loved it and looked forward to it for weeks. Once they changed the song and renovated it I couldn't stand it. I know that's silly. I've always liked how during the show the audience could see through the walls at what the other characters were put to.

Joy

ranty
09-12-2011, 09:58 PM
For me it's got to be living with the LAND. Wow. Boring. I guess the silver lining would be that You get to sit on a relaxing boat ride. :mickey:

kemps@wdw
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't dislike any attraction @ WDW, I just like some better than others! :D

DizneyRox
09-18-2011, 09:50 AM
The gift shops at each attraction exit... While I hate them hocking their warez at every chance they get, there's nothing worth buying, so I'm not even tempted!

Thank goodness for poor management decisions!

Terra
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
The gift shops at each attraction exit... While I hate them hocking their warez at every chance they get, there's nothing worth buying, so I'm not even tempted!

Thank goodness for poor management decisions!

Oh man, don't hit me with Mickey Ears! But I love the gift shops! I always look at everything we can't afford! :D There are some things I would love to get my children there [so I can play with them too! lol]