PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Street Video Flythrough

MegaDisney
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog:

Another update from the D23 Expo! Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs and Bob Weis, Executive Vice President, Creative, Walt Disney Imagineering, just took us back in time to 1920s Los Angeles, with updates on the upcoming Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. Imagineers have worked hard to transport guests back to the Los Angeles that Walt experienced when he first arrived in California.

Guests will be able ride the Red Car Trolley up Buena Vista Street to the new icon of the park, Carthay Circle Theatre — a recreation of the original theater where “Snow White and Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937. Guests will also be able to experience the park’s charming period architecture, mix of stores, eateries and guest services — it will be a whole new entry way into the park that immerses guests into the experience.

Now travel back in time with this new flythrough video, which takes you on a tour of the new Disney California Adventure park entrance like you’ve never seen before!

Video available here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0mBTTzjziZM)

sixshot19
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, that looks great. A huge improvement. Have they started this? When is it scheduled for completion?

BrerGnat
08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
I enjoyed that video, but I'm still sad that next time I visit DCA, it will look totally different. :( Oh well, change is good, I guess. I did think that it looked a bit too much like Main Street USA (what with the center plaza and flag), but whatever.

BrerGnat
08-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Wow, that looks great. A huge improvement. Have they started this? When is it scheduled for completion?

Yes, it's been "in progress" for a long time now. Scheduled completion is currently "summer 2012" for the entire DCA project.

2Epcot
08-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm really excited about Buena Vista Street. I think it is one of the big things that DCA was missing. The Main Street type street will give it a more Disney feel, I believe. It will also be much easier for the park to be decorated and themed for holidays. The only thing that bugs me is the color of the entry way. I still believe they could have done it in a more earth tone color to fit the surroundings better.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
This really looks good. The 2 parks will now play off each other with DCA being the more modern of the 2. I like the use of the gas (?) powered trollies compared to DL's horse drawn ones. You go from the small town to the big city. With all the things being done to DCA it is turning into a great park. Well done imaginers.:thumbsup::mickey: