PDA

View Full Version : New Cafe/Bakery & Carnation Cafe Expansion

MegaDisney
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
From Disney Parks Blog:

The expansion kicks off with the all-new Jolly Holiday Bakery Café. The bakery will be located on the current site of the Plaza Pavilion, which recently hosted the Annual Passport Processing Center. The new location will feature an expanded menu, as well as outdoor seating. When Jolly Holiday Bakery Café opens in January 2012, the Blue Ribbon Bakery will close to make way for the next step in the Main Street, U.S.A., project.

We’re also excited to announce that, for the first time in decades, Carnation Café will once again offer indoor seating to Disneyland park guests, increasing the total number of seats and giving guests more options for experiencing this iconic restaurant year-round. Carnation Café will close for this refurbishment at the beginning of 2012 and re-open in the summer.

Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and the Candy Palace display kitchen will also be gaining additional space. The newly reconfigured ice cream parlor will create more room for guests purchasing the extremely popular hand-dipped cones, and a larger Candy Palace kitchen will allow even more guests to view magical sweet treats as they are created. These locations will close in January 2012 and re-open in the spring.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog – we’ll have more details on this project as it develops.

Full story here. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/main-street-u-s-a-restaurants-to-expand-at-disneyland-park/)

NotaGeek
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
This is awesome! Thanks for posting Mega!

BrerGnat
08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I just heard about this the other day. Not sure how I feel about the bakery being ALL the way at the end of Main Street, but if that means it will be larger, have seating, and shorter lines, I'm all for it. :thumbsup:

Also, I think it's a great thing that they will add indoor seating to Carnation Cafe. I didn't eat there nearly enough, mostly due to it being outdoors.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
The bakery is the blah part of the story for me. Sorry. I'm more excited about Carnation Cafe! One of my favorite places to dine in the park and has been for years.

:smickey:

tinkwest
09-15-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm so happy that the Plaza Pavilion area will be put to good use. I used to love eating there way back when. It will be nice for all of those early morning coffee lovers to have more space to spread out when they stop at the Bakery.

And hurray for expanding Carnation Cafe! Not enough tables for the demand as it is.

:chef: