PDA

View Full Version : Mom and I, WooHoo!!!

divinedi
08-19-2011, 09:43 PM
My Mom and I are going to Disney, just the two of us:cloud9:!! Sounds simple, but my Dad doesn't like my Mom going too far away from him for too long and my Mom hasn't really fought this too much. He's also insecure, so gets upset when he thinks we 'don't want him with us'. They are in their early 80's, in good health, and my Dad is one of those men who also believes the man is the boss in the family, period! He's mellowed a lot in his old age, except with this issue, but he 'agreed' to 'let' Mom go with me without him, woohooooo! And yes, Mom could have just said that she was going, but then he becomes just like a child, sulking and miserable, and it's too hard on her. Before anyone gets upset, please know that I love my Dad and we spend a lot of time together, I live 10 min. away, and my only sibling lives half the country away, so we are very close, but sometimes, and women will get this, it's just nice to spend quality alone time with my Mom.

So now to plan! I would love to go to POFQ, but I'm thinking that it's too late to book, have just asked Debbie at MJ if it's possible, for end of Oct., beginning of Nov.

Anyway, just very excited and knew my fellow Intercotees would understand!! Thanks for reading.

Disney Hungarian
08-19-2011, 09:55 PM
:congrats:

I am taking my third trip in a year with my mom. I know you will have an amazing time. It will be time that you will cherish forever.

Sylvia
08-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I treated my Mother to a WDW vacation, just the two of us, for many years (1978-2001). Our first onsite stay was in 1989, when the Caribbean Beach Resort opened. With the exception of one stay at Shades of Green, we stayed at Caribbean Beach 10 times over the years. Mom passed away in early 2002, but, even now, when I'm vacationing in WDW, I still remember all of the fun we had. The memories are priceless and I'm so glad I have them.

I understand what you mean. Spending quality time with your Mom is important, and the memories will last a lifetime. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

faline
08-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Enjoy this special time with your mother! I'm sure you'll create some wonderful memories!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Enjoy your trip:mickey:

vizsla
08-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Have a great time.:thumbsup:

hoop de do
08-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Mom + Daughter + WDW = "PRICELESS".

Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

divinedi
08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Well said Lanny!! Thank you all for your good wishes. I'm very excited and very much looking forward to this trip! :cloud9:

minnie04
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Have an Amazing time. Tell your mom to let her hair down and dance in the streets. :woohoo::yay::yay:

LudwigVonDrake
08-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Have a great time :tink: