PDA

View Full Version : Paying OOP for HDD after making ADR with DDP?

Pop Centurion
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I've decided to pay OOP for our dinner at HDD but it's already attached to our DDP. Do I inform them at check-in when I'm picking up my HDD tickets or should I call now to make any changes?

Buttercup
08-19-2011, 12:36 AM
I actually just talked to someone at WDW about this today! :mickey:

You don't need to call or anything. When you sit down for dinner and your waiter comes by, they'll ask you (regardless of whether or not you attached it to your dining plan when you made the reservation) if you're paying for your meal on the dining plan or not.

I guess it's because some people change their minds last minute as to whether or not they'd like to pay out of pocket or use one of their credits.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
08-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks Buttercup.
I initially thought the same thing but I remember last year the waitress never asked me nor did she take my KTTW to charge it to my DDP credits. Yet it was taken off. I think when I picked up the tickets at my resort check-in it must have been deducted then. I think I'll mention it just incase.
Thanks again. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
You're right, get this sorted out when you pick up your tickets.

The servers don't deal with payment at all, since it has already been sorted out when you get the tickets.

We've done this at least once before, booked with the DDP, and then when we've actually received the tickets, just paid for them with a credit card.

Merry120
09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
A related (but not directly) question..... is HDD worth it on the dining plan since they will only let you be in Category 2 seating on the dining plan?