PDA

View Full Version : Free dining upgrade?

disneymomma2010
08-18-2011, 02:52 PM
My sis in law is thinking about going with us this fall but she wants to stay at a value. How much does it cost to upgrade to the regular dining plan? I'm wondering how much the difference is between upgrading or paying out of pocket for ts meals. Also if it would just be better for her to stay at a moderate.

Disney Hungarian
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I paid around $10 per adult per day to upgrade from the QS to the regular DP.

snuggs30
08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Just did this last night. We are staying for 7 nights 8/days and it cost us 140.00 for 2 adults and one child. I think its worth it. Also staying at Pop Century.

disneymomma2010
08-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow thanks! Thats a good deal! So how much will they charge for a child? It will be too adults, plus a 13 yr old, which I guess will count as an adult, and a 4 yr old

barnaby
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I was running the numbers yesterday for my family. There are four of us, 2 adults and 2 kids over 10, so all adult prices.
Based on free dining:
Cost per night for all 4 of us to upgrade from QS dining to 1 TS dining and stay at a value was $68/night.
Cost per night to go from a value to a moderate and get the free TS dining was $72/night.
So for us, it would make sense to upgrade from value to moderate and get the free 1 TS dining that comes with the moderate.

TinksGoofyMom
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Just did this for 3 adults & 1 child for 7 nights & the CM told me I saved about $800. That was much more than I expected to save.

iceicebritney
08-24-2011, 04:24 PM
When we were planning our upcoming honeymoon (8 day :woohoo:), we were originally doing 6 nights at a value with free dining. However, we really wanted to keep the caribbean theming going with our trip (since we are getting married in Jamaica). I calculated the difference to upgrade to the regular dining plan (instead of the free quick service) for us two for 6 nights, and it was a little over $100 total. It was around $300 total to move to CBR. We decided to splurge and go for CBR. We justified the extra $$ with amenities that go along with upgrading to a moderate, such as the pool and an on site table service restaurant. Those were the things that were important to us.

Bottom lineIt definitely is cheaper to stay at the value and upgrade to the regular dining than moving into a moderate resort.

spoiledraf
08-29-2011, 10:24 PM
In your situation of only two visitors it is cheaper but for four adults it evens out a bit more.

bertasso59
08-30-2011, 05:46 PM
I was running the numbers yesterday for my family. There are four of us, 2 adults and 2 kids over 10, so all adult prices.
Based on free dining:
Cost per night for all 4 of us to upgrade from QS dining to 1 TS dining and stay at a value was $68/night.
Cost per night to go from a value to a moderate and get the free TS dining was $72/night.
So for us, it would make sense to upgrade from value to moderate and get the free 1 TS dining that comes with the moderate.

I thought the same thing last trip,however our stay the previous time at ASM was more enjoyable than Coronodo Springs,esp for my DD.The only advantage for the Moderate resort was better food choices,but we only ate there a couple of times