PDA

View Full Version : 2 bedroom villas at BLT

disneykidsince1970
08-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi all - 3 qs!

1 - I just rented points for a 2 bedroom at BLT. I see that some of these units are comprised of a 1 bedroom plus a studio vs the dedicated 2 bedroom. Practically speaking, what is the difference? Should I be requesting one over the other? Any tips on what floor to request (we got a lake view)?

2 - Our 2 kids (4 and 6) will be sleeping on airbeds in the master with us. To make this work, I need to move the chair and possibly the desk/chair that is shown on the floor plan. (I did this last year in the Grand Villa at SS and it worked great). Could I request that they move the furniture for me before I arrive?

3 - Does anyone know if the people limit in these units is 8 or 9? At the moment, we are 8 but we might have a friend visit and I wondering if this will be allowed.

Thanks!!

:mickey: Carolyn

faline
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
My daughter and I stayed in a dedicate 2 bedroom in February. We also had a lake view. Our view was of the pool with the lake beyond that. If I did it again, I would request a lake view room on the outside of the "U" rather than on the interior which is where we were located. The reason for this is that they had very bright lights in that courtyard area that shone all night and I had more light spilling into my room than I like when I sleep.

With the dedicated 2 bedroom, the guest room, I believe has a little more space as the kitchenette area is not include. When you have the lock-off you get a 1-bedroom and a studio put togther. In my book, the only downside to the dedicated 2 bedroom was that there was only 1 safe - located in the master bedroom closet. With the lockoff unit, you would likely have 2 safes - one in the studio and one in the master bedroom.

I believe maximum capacity for a 2-bedroom is 9 people. I don't know if they will rearrange the furniture for you prior to your arrival.

VWL Mom
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I believe the lockoffs you would have 1 bed and 1 sleeper as opposed to 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom.

I may be totally off here but if I remember from June I think the desk in the master at BLT is not moveable. The internet connections/outlets are attached to the top of it. Hopefully someone will come along and clear this up.

disneykidsince1970
08-19-2011, 06:08 AM
:mickey: thanks! I would certainly prefer 2 beds to a sleeper and a bed. Since no one is chiming in with a def yes or def no on the moving of the furniture, I will ask them to do and see what happens...

also.. thanks to everyone who warned abou the lights from the pool area - GOOD TO KNOW!!

one last one... since I rented the points, I assume that all these requests need to go thru the person I rented from - even though I have the confirmation number, etc.? I would prefer not to bother him if possible and make the requests myself if I can...?

Thanks!!

:mickey: Carolyn

VWL Mom
08-19-2011, 07:55 AM
MS will only talk to the DVC member so you will have to go through them.

I forgot to mention the 5th floor is my favorite because it is the one with the walkway that connects to the CR so you bypass the elevators which can run very slow sometimes.

laprana
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
One other thing to note is that dedicated and lock-off two bedrooms are each their own bookable categories when you make your reservation. So, when the DVC member you are renting points from makes your reservation, they will need to specify which type of room you want. It sounds like your reservation is already made, so you might want to confirm with the person you are renting from what type of 2-bedroom is actually booked for you.

MinnieMommie
08-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Jut want to add one more thing: The 2 bedrooms, whether a lock out or a dedicated, accommodates 9 and have a chair in the living room that converts to a single bed. The living rooms will have a pull out queen size couch and a chair that converts to a single. You may not need one of the extra mattresses. :mickey:

disneykidsince1970
08-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks everyone - I have the requests in thanks to all your great info! (and.. i requested the furniture move so will keep you posted it they agreed to do it or not).

Thanks again!!