PDA

View Full Version : Disney Product Ideas

Disney Hungarian
08-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Inspired by the podcasts:

I had a product idea today. I got to thinking that I would never buy a Duffy. Unless; It was a Duffy beer mug with Duffy wearing a Horizons costume.

We all know that the folks at Disney marketing and products could use a little help. Just look at the gift shops.

Why don't we here at INTERCOT help them out with a few product ideas.

brownie
08-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Rather than a product, why not a show starring Duffy drinking beer in Horizons?

Disney Hungarian
08-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Rather than a product, why not a show starring Duffy drinking beer in Horizons?

I would pay a separate admission to see that!!!

NewDVCowner
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I've always thought one place they could make a killing is selling pet merchandise. I'd pay money for a Disney collar/leash/dog toy/food bowl. I know that at one point they did have a bowl (my sister got one) but the last time I was there they only thing I saw were bandanas that said 'someone who loves me went to Disney.' Dumb!

Disney Hungarian
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I've always thought one place they could make a killing is selling pet merchandise. I'd pay money for a Disney collar/leash/dog toy/food bowl. I know that at one point they did have a bowl (my sister got one) but the last time I was there they only thing I saw were bandanas that said 'someone who loves me went to Disney.' Dumb!

I believe. I could be wrong. That there used to be pet merchandise in the fire station on Main Street.

NewDVCowner
08-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I believe. I could be wrong. That there used to be pet merchandise in the fire station on Main Street.

They did. That was were my sister got the dog bowl, and that's where I saw those bandanas. That's all they have now, just the bandanas - at least as of last December when I was last there.

And there's nothing at all at Disneyland - which I go to much more frequently. Last time I was there I ended up buying one of the stuffed animals and gave it to my dog. There's no squeeker, but he seems happy enough with it. :-)

brownie
08-18-2011, 12:54 PM

The fire station on Main Street is currently closed,

I remember seeing pet related merchandise at Mouse Gear in Epcot and World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace. There was a small selection of stuff,

DisneyDINK
08-18-2011, 03:16 PM
What about a consignment shop where people buy and sell retro Disney merchandise within one of the parks, maybe inside DHS. Disney could either take items on consignment or buy them like any used store would. It could maybe have an attached auction site where daily or a couple of times a week they auctioned off disney art and other collectibles.

Disney Hungarian
08-18-2011, 03:19 PM
DBay. Love the name. Running to register the domain name now. :)

VWL Mom
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM

We got a new dog in December and I asked about pet merchandise during our June trip. I was told they are coming out with a totally new pet line which is why they yanked all the old bowls and such. She said to expect it before year's end.

I did get her a Goofy tag with all her information on it. It's shaped like a dog bone and is from the machine in the firehouse.

Tink#64
08-18-2011, 11:15 PM
We've bought pet merchandise at MouseGear in years past! We've bought pet bowls, I'm thinking dog treats & we love our retractable leash! :dog:

Tink#64
08-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Oops, meant to add, I'm sorry if I'm in the minority, but when we visited this year we found the Duffy Bear to be rediculous! Mickey Mouse is the official mascot of WDW, not his new goofy bear! I would never buy into that!

Something I've looked for the past couple of trips & apparently not to be found, a refillable water bottle, not the aluminum bottles, but maybe plastic with a thermal/insulated covering! All of the plastic water bottles that I've seen are little kid themed & tiny! I carry a Coleman brand water bottle with insulated cover that has a velcro strap that I carry on my pack in the parks & I'd love to have a WDW one! Even one minus the strap for use at home! I know alot of people that use refillable water bottles all the time at home & I really don't care for the aluminum bottles. This would be a great "Green" product! :thumbsup:

NewDVCowner
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Oops, meant to add, I'm sorry if I'm in the minority, but when we visited this year we found the Duffy Bear to be rediculous! Mickey Mouse is the official mascot of WDW, not his new goofy bear! I would never buy into that!

Totally agree with you!