PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Anniversary?

disneykidsince1970
08-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi all - i saw a reference somewhere to the 15th anniversary meeting planned for Oct 2011. Are the dates set yet? Any details? I took a quick look on this board - thinking it might be in a sticky but didn't see it. Apologies if I missed the obvious somewhere....

Melanie
08-17-2011, 03:00 PM
ICOT's anniversary is October 2012. Exact dates have not been nailed down yet, but it should be soon and plenty of time for everyone to plan. We're all looking forward to it, especially me since I didn't get to attend the 10th! :party:

disneydeb
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM
I was there for the 10th and it was such a pleasure meeting so many that I have made friends with here on I'cot.
I plan on coming to the 15th sometime (I'm told) in late October.

:mickey:

Jared
08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I very much want to come. I'll be in Disney from Oct. 22-26 of this year and am currently debating the merits of an Annual Pass. If this weekend is within the bounds of a pass, it would make my decision much, much easier.

Any insights as to when we'll get some more information?

disneydeb
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Jared, I hope you do come to the meet next year! It would be so good to see you again!!

MinnieMommie
08-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I very much want to come. I'll be in Disney from Oct. 22-26 of this year and am currently debating the merits of an Annual Pass. If this weekend is within the bounds of a pass, it would make my decision much, much easier.

Any insights as to when we'll get some more information?

Hey Jared,

Check out John's reply to a query about this in an information Kiosk thread. Sounds like the date will released sometime around October for a late October meet. Sounds like a good chance you will know before your October trip.

We are hoping to attend this as well but are not in the same position as you about the year pass. Our next trip will be in December so the October meet will fall within the year for us.

Hope the dates will work out for you. :mickey:

Jared
08-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey Jared,

Check out John's reply to a query about this in an information Kiosk thread. Sounds like the date will released sometime around October for a late October meet. Sounds like a good chance you will know before your October trip.

We are hoping to attend this as well but are not in the same position as you about the year pass. Our next trip will be in December so the October meet will fall within the year for us.

Hope the dates will work out for you. :mickey:
Thanks for the heads up! Hope to see you all there.

BriarRose0708
08-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Hope you'll be there Jared! Talie, too, I'd love to meet her! It's been way too long since we've caught up.

Jared
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Hope you'll be there Jared! Talie, too, I'd love to meet her! It's been way too long since we've caught up.
Hey Nikki! If I am there, I hope Talie will be there as well. Looking forward to catching up!

KylesMom
09-08-2011, 11:37 PM
DH thought that our meet was this October & he told me I needed to come up with a date soon so he could plan his work schedule so I could go.

Imagine his SHOCK when I apologized & said that it wasn't until 2012. So looking foward to meeting everyone!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-09-2011, 10:54 PM
The same thing happened to me :blush:

I was talking about my "October Disney Trip" and everyone assumed I meant THIS October ...

Jared
10-06-2011, 09:58 PM
So it's been almost a month since somebody posted in this thread. Do we have an update yet? We're all anxiously waiting!

Disney4us2
10-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Hope it is announced soon.

Scar
10-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Good thing I'm not in charge. I usually don't plan until a few weeks before.

AvaNellMouse
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. Hope it is announced soon.

Ditto :mickey:

Jared
10-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Good thing I'm not in charge. I usually don't plan until a few weeks before.
I'm usually the same way, but I am curious because the date of this will likely dictate my decision whether or not to purchase an annual pass for my October trip. If I know that a pass would still be valid, I would already be locked in for at least seven or eight park days in the next 365 days, and I usually find a way to sneak down for a couple more periodically throughout the year.

BriarRose0708
10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
There was a facebook post last night that dates and info would be announced soon. So excited!

Disney4us2
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
There was a facebook post last night that dates and info would be announced soon. So excited!

I saw that too on Facebook. I can't wait to start planning my dates for LMNOP:mickey:

Patricia
10-13-2011, 07:15 PM
ICOT's anniversary is October 2012. Exact dates have not been nailed down yet, but it should be soon and plenty of time for everyone to plan. We're all looking forward to it, especially me since I didn't get to attend the 10th! :party:

I also missed the 10th. I am presently waiting to book my plane tickets for the 15th! Not missing that one.. I can't wait to meet everyone.

:party:

JPL
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I also missed the 10th.
:party:

Yeah which meant there was nobody to get me cookies!!!!!!!!

Disney4us2
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I know we are all eagerly awaiting the dates.

Just curious for those who went to the 10th. What kind of activities/meets were set up? Just want to know what to expect and build my anticipation.:mickey:

BriarRose0708
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I know we are all eagerly awaiting the dates.

Just curious for those who went to the 10th. What kind of activities/meets were set up? Just want to know what to expect and build my anticipation.:mickey:

There were all kinds of fun things! Meetups at different parks, trivia, ride throughs as a big group (we did Small World, Soarin', Three Caballeros, Monster's inc and a failed attempt at Expedition Everest, lol), drinks at the Poly, and of course the big event was a private meet with Mickey and a dessert party during IllumiNations (worth the price I assure you!).

In addition to some of the formally organized meet ups, there were many people who got together at different times for meals, spent afternoons touring the parks together, and I believe met up at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea.

Whatever they come up with for this next anniversary event I am sure it will be Magical! It was an amazing time to meet your virtual friends for real! I can't wait!

hoop de do
10-14-2011, 04:18 PM
We had a great meet at JellyRolls also. :piano:

Disney4us2
10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
We had a great meet at JellyRolls also. :piano:

Jellyrolls sounds like fun for me. DD would be excluded though as she will only be 12...almost 13 at the time.

Any tween events? Waterpark meets?

Jared
10-14-2011, 10:22 PM
There were all kinds of fun things! Meetups at different parks, trivia, ride throughs as a big group (we did Small World, Soarin', Three Caballeros, Monster's inc and a failed attempt at Expedition Everest, lol), drinks at the Poly, and of course the big event was a private meet with Mickey and a dessert party during IllumiNations (worth the price I assure you!).

In addition to some of the formally organized meet ups, there were many people who got together at different times for meals, spent afternoons touring the parks together, and I believe met up at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea.

Whatever they come up with for this next anniversary event I am sure it will be Magical! It was an amazing time to meet your virtual friends for real! I can't wait!
Oh, I remember that Grand Floridian afternoon tea very well. Our dear friend Cher dragged me despite my voracious protesting, but she bribed me by promising to mail me a box of treats after the trip. Cher, if you're reading this, please know that I still think you're the second-greatest baker on Earth (I have to be careful just in case my girlfriend happens to see this post somehow ;))

Anyway, the formal meet-ups were fantastic, especially the private IllumiNations viewing, but the real pleasures of the trip were the smaller, impromptu activities. I remember heading to Animal Kingdom one morning for an event but leaving early with a small group of fellow posters and went over to the Magic Kingdom for lunch at Columbia Harbour House and a ride through The Haunted Mansion.

For many of us, including myself, it's not often that a diehard Disney fan has the opportunity to tour the parks with likeminded people. For a weekend next October, you will have that chance.

Hammer
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM

Just a slight correction. The Grand Floridian Tea was one of the formally organized events planned by the Intercot staff, as I was one of the moderator organizers. If the dates align, I'm more than willing to deal with the Grand Floridian planning staff to have this event again as many people enjoyed it.

BriarRose0708
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Just a slight correction. The Grand Floridian Tea was one of the formally organized events planned by the Intercot staff, as I was one of the moderator organizers. If the dates align, I'm more than willing to deal with the Grand Floridian planning staff to have this event again as many people enjoyed it.

Thanks for letting me know Christine, I had it in my mind that it was informal. I would love to join in this year as I have really enjoyed previous tea experiences at the GF!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Jellyrolls sounds like fun for me. DD would be excluded though as she will only be 12...almost 13 at the time.

Any tween events? Waterpark meets?

There seem to be a number of us with 'tweens and younger teens ... I'm sure we can put something together for them. (My DD has already asked if she can "coordinate a kids meet")!

Disney4us2
10-17-2011, 02:30 PM
There seem to be a number of us with 'tweens and younger teens ... I'm sure we can put something together for them. (My DD has already asked if she can "coordinate a kids meet")!

That would be wonderful. Let me know if you need any help.:mickey:

Jared
10-17-2011, 02:57 PM
This doesn't apply to me at all, but I think this is a fantastic idea.

:)

Katzateer
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
The dessert party and Illuminations viewing party was wonderful! I still have my light- up Intercot card and tshirt

Cassieblanca
10-19-2011, 05:33 AM
I've only been a member here a very short time, but I'm really looking forward to this.

CAS
11-12-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm so excited. I may vommit!

- Chandler, Friends

Hair_Razor
11-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm actually really considering taking a short break and coming to this one. I love the idea of the teen meet. My DS is 14 he would love this.

And side bar... Am I really the third Cassi in a row to post on this thread? Weird, growing up no one had that name!

Disney4us2
11-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Whooooohoooo I am so glad to know what the dates are.

Just looking at my calendar. Planning on being there the 21st to the 30th.

Let the planning begin..:mickey:

BriarRose0708
11-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Yay for dates!!!! Not sure when I'll be there, but thinking the 26th through 30th or 31st!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Of course this would be scheduled the weekend after we leave :(

Jared
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
What are the dates?

Disney4us2
11-14-2011, 11:11 AM
What are the dates?

Oct 26-28 2012

Jared
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Let the planning begin!

Dopey's Girl
11-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Can't wait! I'm thinking this is a super excuse for my next solo trip!

CAS
11-15-2011, 02:50 AM
This will be solo for me, too. First one ever in 25 years of Disney'ing. Kind of spooky if I think about it.

Jared
11-15-2011, 08:15 AM
This will be solo for me, too. First one ever in 25 years of Disney'ing. Kind of spooky if I think about it.
With so many Intercot events around the parks, you'll never feel alone.

AvaNellMouse
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
:mickey: another solo Icoteer here! :mickey:

CAS
11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I was going to try the Poly for the first time but for that weekend they're quoting me $500-$600/night. Wow. I checked CBR and it's $170-$180. That's an easy one.

I love the Poly but not for my first born.

BriarRose0708
11-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Seems like many of us will be going solo! When more events are announced and plans start to solidify I'd love to organize some solo meets for those of us that would rather enjoy the parks or eating a meal with friends than alone!

Ian
11-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Where's everyone thinking of staying? It would be great if we could get the bulk of us at one or two resorts in close proximity.

I think I'm leaning towards either Boardwalk or Beach Club. Since we so often end up at Epcot at the end of the day (or Jellyrolls! :marg:) that's really the place to be.

Scar
11-26-2011, 11:46 AM
...and with 5 resorts all next to each other, Epcot area makes sense.

Ian
11-26-2011, 12:56 PM
i-95 to i-4 to i-15
october 26 - 28, 2012Wanna carpool? ;)

Scar
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Wanna carpool? ;)Do I have to ride with 4 screaming kids? ;)

MinnieMommie
11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Where's everyone thinking of staying? It would be great if we could get the bulk of us at one or two resorts in close proximity.

I think I'm leaning towards either Boardwalk or Beach Club. Since we so often end up at Epcot at the end of the day (or Jellyrolls! :marg:) that's really the place to be.

Ya know Ian I have been vacillating about where to stay but agree that the Epcot area makes sense. If people zero in on these hotels I will try to get BC or BWV for my family at the 7 month window and hope for the best!

Disney4us2
11-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Ya know Ian I have been vacillating about where to stay but agree that the Epcot area makes sense. If people zero in on these hotels I will try to get BC or BWV for my family at the 7 month window and hope for the best!

Same here. I am hoping for a studio at BCV or BWV. If I can't get those. I will go back to AKL.

MinnieMommie
11-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Woohoo Marci! This is going to be so much fun! :mickey:

Ian
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Do I have to ride with 4 screaming kids? ;)Uh no. This will be either a solo trip for me or just me and DW. Definitely no kids!

AgentC
11-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I am leaning toward the Yacht Club. I've really become a fan of the whole Epcot area my last few trips.

BriarRose0708
11-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I can only dream of an EPCOT area resort. This will likely be a Pop Century (or if I'm incredibly lucky, Port Orleans) stay for me.

Buttercup
11-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Wahoo! My sister (jennsky on Intercot) and I are coming down for a trip without our husbands and kids! Shhh :secret: don't tell the kids!!! We are STOKED!
I would LOVE to stay at the Beach Club. :cloud9: Hoping to book some kind-of bounceback deal when we're there this coming January. We've got to work out what our budget is for this trip so that might make a difference in the resort we choose -- we're planning on flying down on Thursday Oct. 25 and staying until Monday Oct. 29 so we're there just for the Intercot party!

I can't believe I've been on this board for almost 10 years!!!

I think it will be cool to finally put a face to all the names we've been chatting with for close to a decade!:thumbsup:

EDIT: Yowza!!! I just looked at the Beach Club rates for those dates, with no discounts. Yeaaahhh, I can stay at the Grand Floridian for cheaper than the Beach Club those 4 nights. I might be looking into something less expensive...

Melanie
11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I can't believe I've been on this board for almost 10 years!!!

I think it will be cool to finally put a face to all the names we've been chatting with for close to a decade!:thumbsup:

My 10 year anniversary is coming up in just a few weeks.....I can't believe it's been that long either.

I missed the 10 year INTERCOT anniversary, so I'm really looking forward to ICOT15. Glad you worked it out for a fun 'sister' weekend. :mickey:

JPL
11-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Looking Forward to my third Official Intercot Celebration I was at the first the Intercot Odyssey in 2001 & the 10th Anniversary in 2007. I can tell you that they are loads of fun and I had a great time at both of them :mickey: Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones :D But more importantly Gary owes me some :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Disney4us2
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Anyone planning on bringing your kids besides me.

Anyone up for a kids/tween/teen meet up? My DD will be almost 13 at the meet.

Ian
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Looking Forward to my third Official Intercot Celebration I was at the first the Intercot Odyssey in 2001 & the 10th Anniversary in 2007.Same here ... and also the Happiest Gathering On INTERCOT.

Good times! :thumbsup:

AgentC
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Anyone planning on bringing your kids besides me.

Anyone up for a kids/tween/teen meet up? My DD will be almost 13 at the meet.

I think I am bringing mine but they are younger ( will be 4 & 7 at the meet).

My son's birthday is the 27th. I don't think I could explain why I get to go to Disney for his birthday but he had to stay home. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I think a kids/teen meet (or activity) is a great idea.

My DD is 13, but she's more excited about this meet than I am (if that is possible).

As plans start to come together, I'm sure something can be worked out :)

TracyL
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I wonder if it makes any sense to zero in on a particular resort in each category as the unofficial official resorts of the meet? So folks who can swing it in their budget (and/or DVC) stay in epcot area resorts, mods go to POR/POF, and value folks congregate at a specific AS. This seems to be happening a little bit just organically, why not make it explicit? Of course everyone can stay wherever they want, but if you're specifically looking to see other icot folks, you know where to find them.

Value Resort folks: have you reserved and if so where? I think I saw one at ASMO.....

brivers222
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
So as it turns out I am not able to stay away until 2013.... We needed the Trificta of visits; Engagement, DISNEYmoon and now our 1 year wedding anniversary :)

We will be Oct 26th - Nov 3 (or 4th)... which just so happens to work for the ICOT15. Most Likely ASMov or Pop as we spent our main budget on the Disneymoon lol

Now as this is 100% new to me, where is information about the events (and fees) and whatnot associated with these events?!?!

Melanie
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Now as this is 100% new to me, where is information about the events (and fees) and whatnot associated with these events?!?!

We haven't finalized plans and details yet, just dates. When we do, there will be a dedicated forum here on the boards, and we'll also announce and discuss on our podcast. So...stay tuned! :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Sadly, with 1 child that will be in HS marching band, and it looks my next youngest is looking at marching with her college (Pride of the Mountains!) band in the fall also - so glamorous is the life if a band mom.

So, I look forward to the 20th?!

Disney4us2
01-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I think DD and I picked our resort(s). The first 2 or 3 days will be at POFQ and then over to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

I really want the BC but my chances of getting in at 7 months are probably not viable. It won't hurt to wait list though.

Let the planning and fun begin.:mickey:

disneykidsince1970
01-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I am feeling some odd small feeling of satisfaction that my first post on this thread, many months ago, was the re-kick-off off this topic!! (silly, I know!)

On another note, I am SO stoked b/c I live in Europe and making the meet was always tentative but... it is the weekend after we will be in the US for a wedding already so.... it seems likely that Nikki (my FL-based sis who I share this avatar with) will be able to make it!!

Next hurdle is the kids... mine will be 5 and 7 and with me and DH in the US. Impossible not to bring them along I think... I get the impression it is mostly an adult-themed weekend which is great (especially for my single sister! - don't kill me Nik for typing that!!) but... would be GREAT to have maybe 1 event just for the young ones.... anyone think that is doable? I saw one other person bringing similar aged kids...

Can't wait!!

...and only 86 days till our annual Family gathering in April! We rented points for a stay at BLT!! "..zip a dee doo dah...zip a dee ay....my oh my, what a wonderful day!"

AgentC
01-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Next hurdle is the kids... mine will be 5 and 7 and with me and DH in the US. Impossible not to bring them along I think... I get the impression it is mostly an adult-themed weekend which is great (especially for my single sister! - don't kill me Nik for typing that!!) but... would be GREAT to have maybe 1 event just for the young ones.... anyone think that is doable? I saw one other person bringing similar aged kids...

Can't wait!!

Unless something changes I will have my kids with me. They will be 4 and 7. I would love to have something they could come to, too.

disneykidsince1970
03-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Listening to the podcast...so, as requested, I am registering my interest for some fun and unique event that would be young-child friendly..ages 5 and 7. !!!

Can't wait!

TikiGoddess
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Somewhere in the events, let's schedule a Grand Floridian Tea... that was one of the best times I had during the 10th!

Kathy

Mousefever
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Good call! The tea was lovely and it was one of my favorites too! I especially remember Ellen's son, Ben, enjoying the spread. :)

Amy

TiggeRia
03-25-2012, 09:45 AM
I think my fiancé and I are going to try to come down for the weekend....as long as airfare cooperates! It would be nice to put some faces to names (or faces to voices from the podcasts). Looking forward to it!!

mudpuppysmom
04-09-2012, 01:10 PM
I just realized that we will be there during this event too!!

I think a kids themed meet/activity would be awesome!! My kids are/ will be 4 and 10 and leaving them at home is never a thought of ours....although leaving dad at home is always a thought the kids have!:D

grego77
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone...
I just saw this thread and had to post! Wow, 5 years has gone by so quickly!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I would LOVE to attend the 15th anniversary party...but I am truly sad to say that the 'tootsie-roll' will be unable to attend this go-around. :(

I have been living in Korea for the past 4 years teaching English to little monsters, and am currently tied in a contract which doesn't finish until next February. But, I will definitely be there in spirit! The events sound truly amazing and I know it will be a huge success! :mickey:

Have an amazing time (and save me a few pieces of swag maybe???!!!) :party:

Greg :mickey:

Mousefever
07-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone...
I just saw this thread and had to post! Wow, 5 years has gone by so quickly!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I would LOVE to attend the 15th anniversary party...but I am truly sad to say that the 'tootsie-roll' will be unable to attend this go-around. :(

I have been living in Korea for the past 4 years teaching English to little monsters, and am currently tied in a contract which doesn't finish until next February. But, I will definitely be there in spirit! The events sound truly amazing and I know it will be a huge success! :mickey:

Have an amazing time (and save me a few pieces of swag maybe???!!!) :party:

Greg :mickey:

Greg!!! I remember you well from the 10 year anniversary party! It sounds like you "love" your job! Have you enjoyed Korea, even if the students are small monsters?

I'm glad you'll be with us in spirit, although it would be fun to see you for real. Maybe at the 20 year party??

Take care!

Amy

grego77
07-13-2012, 09:21 AM
My little monsters are adorable (and are like sponges...they are amazing!), and truly are what make me wake up smiling in the morning and get me through 12hour work days! It's a stressful, exhausting life...but it's so fulfilling. I definitely am blessed to have what I have in my life, and I thank God for it every day...

I will pencil in the 20th anniversary as a must-do! I (and the tootsie roll costume) will be there, for sure! :party:

Have an amazing time! :mickey: