PDA

View Full Version : water bottles....

kevinsmom29
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
am i allowed to bring water bottles into the parks?? going next week and i am sure the heat will be crazy.. my family drinks a ton of water and trying to avoid crazy $$ on h2o.

Disney Hungarian
08-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes. Water bottles. Food. All allowed by Disney now.

cer
08-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't believe you will have any problems bringing in your water. I don't bring a cooler or anything, but I have had bottles in my backpack and have never been questioned about them.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM
We always bring our bottled water and refill them at the fountains during the day...never had a problem

minnie04
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Yes, you can bring them in now. I would make sure you do because it has been so hot this year. I would freeze them the night before and put them in a large ziplock and trust me they will be ready to drink by mid-morning..lol..

Have a great trip :mickey:

Nascfan
08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeppers, and for an extra "treat" freeze the water the night before. You'll have hours of nice, very cold, refreshing water to drink as opposed to it getting warm to quickly.

Nascfan
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, you can bring them in now. I would make sure you do because it has been so hot this year. I would freeze them the night before and put them in a large ziplock and trust me they will be ready to drink by mid-morning..lol..

Have a great trip :mickey:

Whoa. Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

bucky at disney
08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Not a problem to bring water in....we will be there next week too!

texas211
08-18-2011, 12:34 AM
We all bring Camelbaks. The backpacks with water bladders and a drinking hose. We are going to upgrade to Geigerrigs. Same as the Camelbaks, but with a way to pressurize the water so you can squirt it out in a mist.

But the camelbak was a lifesaver. Highly recommend them. You can buy military surplus ones for cheap.

Tigger's Mom
08-18-2011, 07:03 AM
You most definitely can! We did that when we were there in July. We still had to buy some because it was really hot, but definitely not what we would have. Have a great vacation!!

indytraveler
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
We have always frozen water bottles the night before. Yes it is good to have the ice inside as the water stays cold until no ice. Draw back is the weight of said water bottles. If you don't have a good backpack to distribute the weight evenly on your shoulders it could make for a long day toting around frozen rocks.

Other thing to keep in mind is to wrap a towel around each one. This works two fold. #1 it keep the "sweat" of the bottles from getting everything else wet and #2 it gives a cool relief to put on back of neck for heat relief.

Have fun next week, and hope you beat the heat.

kevinsmom29
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone... that is sooo good to know. I wasnt sure if it was okay and didnt want to chance it... but of course intercot folks come thru again!!! :mickey:

Mr. Smee
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
If you are going to bring a refillable water bottle in the park, try to bring one with a wider mouth. That way you can go to any counter service location and ask them to fill it with ice and water. Many people find the water from the fountains warm and foul smelling. Also, if you like them, bring those small packet of drink mix like lemonade or iced tea.