PDA

View Full Version : haircut at MK

Wrigley
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM
This may be a silly question, but do girls get their hair cut at the barber shop at MK? I've heard of many people having their little boy get their first haircut there, and I would like for my DD to have her first haircut while we are there. Since it is a barber shop, I wasn't sure if many girls get their hair cut there, or mainly just boys!

paulsheri
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
My First haircut "at Walt Disneyworld" was when we were celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary. My wife took Pictures while I was getting it cut. While I was there a little girl was having her bangs cut, I have her in some of my pictures.:mickey:

Basket Mommy
08-17-2011, 02:30 PM
My youngest child, a girl, had her 1st haircut at Disney when she was 15 months-old.

teambricker04
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Although I have two boys (who both had their haircut at WDW!), I would take a girl to the barber shop to get a cut. I have seen girls of all ages getting a cut :)

Daisy'sMom
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
We have three boys and one daughter. They all got their first cuts there and our grandson did too. :mickey:

Janmac
08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
It's not just kids, either. My sister got her hair cut on our last trip, when her granddaughter was 5. And our daughter got her hair cut one trip when she was in her 30s at least and hadn't had time to get a cut before she left home. And her daughter, on one trip maybe when she was 10, didn't want a cut but wanted something, so one of the CMs put her hair into two pony tails (Minnie ears) and then put gel and pixie dust in her hair.

We tried to get my sister's granddaughter to have her first hair cut at the barber shop but despite the CM sticking a bunch of stickers all over her to get her to relax, she wasn't having her hair messed with. Every trip we keep hoping for that photo opportunity.

We were in the barber shop waiting for someone's hair cut when a fellow got his "usual": a trim and a gel mickey head on the back of his head. He said it wasn't a trip to Disney World without it. Then he collected his kids and they headed for Main Street.

It used to be first come, but I understand now you can make reservations.

Jan

GottaLvDisney
08-19-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm planning on having my DD 1st haircut there on our trip in September. We did it with my DS 2yr ago and loved it. Can't wait bc she reall needs it done, like yesterday.

MongoMil
08-19-2011, 07:43 AM
We brought our DD there when she was 9 and she loved it. They gave her a trim and put some colored gel with some Mickey glitter. She did not want to wash it at the end of the day. But it did sprinkle out that day and the blue ran on to her face. Turned her into a partical smurf. :) I do hear now you need to call up and make reservations now so you might want to call and see if you do.

IloveJack
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
We got our ODD's 1st haircut there in 2009. We did it on her 1st birthday. She had very little hair, but they were able to shape it up and give us a curl for the scrapbook. We will have our new DD's 1st haircut there on her 1st birthday trip next June. She was born with as much hair as ODD had at one year, so maybe it'll be more of a real cut. Oh, and no matter boy or girl, cut or trim, those pics with the 1st haircut ears are precious!

mechanic
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
was there second week of july. no wait walked right in. 18$ adult kids were less.

Georgesgirl1
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
When ODS was getting his first haircut, there were 2 other boys, 2 girls and even an adult woman waiting with us. Great experience and priceless pictures!