PDA

View Full Version : harmony barber shop

DisneyVillain
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Can you get a shave at the barber shop on main street? I'd kill for a hot towl shave for my vacation.

RBrooksC
08-17-2011, 12:28 PM
I actually looked into that and yes you can.

I would have done it last time but the way our vacation was with extra family there, etc, it just wasn't a convenient thing to do.

DisneyVillain
08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Sweet! Thank for the info. I'm going to book it today.

desilu78
08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
How do you make reservations and how much does it cost? Thinking of treating my bf when we go.

DisneyVillain
08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Oh well, tried to book a shave and the cast member said that a shave is no longer an option. But regular hair cuts are still available for reservation.

RBrooksC
08-25-2011, 09:08 AM
That's too bad. I wonder when they stopped it. Oh well. I was planning on doing that when I went back in a couple of years.

Mufasa
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
It has a lot to do with licensing/regulation in Florida as it is one of the states that makes a distinction between a barber and a cosmetologist- while both can cut/style hair, only licensed barbers would be allowed to handle a razor and while you could have both barbers and cosmetologists on staff, only the licensed barber could actually perform a shave.

It mostly is concern over bloodborne pathogens (HIV, Hep A/B, etc) and while I don't think the regulations completely prohibit the use of a straight razor- it is not sufficient to sanitize a razor and the barber would have to actually sterilize it via an autoclave. Some barbers will opt for some other process like using a new disposable razor for each client.

The regulations are somewhat arbitrary though- for example, if you went to a tattoo parlor, the tattoo artist can use a disposable razor to shave the area being tattooed if necessary so why the restriction on cosmetologists (provided they take the same bloodborne pathogen training?)

Moustache and beard trims I think are still offered at WDW and from what I remember (haven't looked into it in a while)- the hot towel shave is still an option at Dapper Dan's Hair Cuts in Disneyland Paris.

To book a haircut at the Harmony barbershop in WDW, you can contact WDW-DINE or make arrangements through the lobby concierge at the resorts.

At Disneyland Paris, advanced reservations can be made at City Hall.