PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland

disneyfamilyof5
08-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi all we are heading to Disney in March and I am wondering about the construction in Fantasyland? Are the rides still open such as Dumbo, Smallworld, Peter Pan's Flight, etc...? Are you still able to walk through Fantasyland? I know that when they normally do construction on a ride they put up a wall around it, but from what I understand the entire Fantasyland is being overhauled. :confused:

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
The entire Fantasyland is not being overhauled and is open to guests... The back area of one part of Fantasyland is under construction...

Dumbo is currently operating as normal... I don't think we have a time frame yet for Dumbo to shut down and be moved to the new area...

And welcome to Intercot!!!

Strmchsr
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Dumbo is currently operating as normal... I don't think we have a time frame yet for Dumbo to shut down and be moved to the new area..

The current plan (always subject to change) is to keep the current Dumbo open all the way until the new one opens. Then they'll shut down the existing ride and take it apart. At least it'll be very close to the new opening before the old one is removed.

Oh, and :welcome: to Intercot to the OP!!!

disneyfamilyof5
08-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info and the welcome I think I will enjoy this site very much. I am glad to hear that things are still running in Fantasayland as I did not want to postpone my Vacation until after the renovations.:)

Mousemates
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Think you already got your answer, so I will just join in by saying :welcome: