PDA

View Full Version : Hoop-Dee-Doo

mydisneygirls
08-16-2011, 10:55 AM
I booked upcoming trip in Sept back in May and also made ADR then too. A little upset that I wasn't asked what category I'd like for HDD and now have seats on the second floor balcony. Wanted to sit on first floor only because DD's birthday. Anyone know how the view is from the second floor? Thinking of canceling reservation!

joonyer
08-16-2011, 11:00 AM
I thought the view was great from the second floor, unless maybe you got a table up front on the ground floor. From upstairs, there's nobody in front of you, and you have an elevated view of the whole stage. All the tables are along the railing. But you may be eating facing away from the stage before the show starts. You can simply turn around to watch the show. This was fine for everyone in our family except for me, because I am a slow eater, and wanting to continue munching while watching the show. The crew did seek out volunteers from the audience from both floors when we were there.

mydisneygirls
08-16-2011, 11:09 AM
That was my worry...not being able to see the stage because I thought some of the tables weren't near the railing. And its just me and 2 DD's so we can squeeze up to the railing. Thanks for the info!!

Disdad13
08-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Definitely go - second floor seating will be just fine. In fact, we went a few years ago and had balcony seating and loved it. This year we are going again and I was actually disappointed to be told that there were no balcony seats left when we wanted to go, so we will be on the main floor (Category 2). IMO, balcony seats will be better for you due to unobstructed view - especially for the kids.

mydisneygirls
08-16-2011, 03:01 PM
So glad I posted....just when you think you're going to be dissapointed, someone convinces you of the opposite! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
We sat on the 2nd floor a couple times & it was just fine. Also keep in mind that if there's low attendance for the show, they will seat you down below. This happened to us last Sept. We ended up being seated in the middle & slightly to the right. Definitely keep your reservation.

DVC Dad
08-17-2011, 06:10 AM
I have kids that are 8, 8 (yes twins) and 11, and we actually prefer the balcony. AS mentioned earlier, there's an unblocked view from there, and you get just as much interaction with the performers, as someone's always up there.

I'd highly recommend it.

Renfairwedding
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
DW and my self have been seated on both levels. We really enjoyed the upper more as We had a much better view of the show.

Have Fun!

mydisneygirls
08-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Seeing my girls and I are on the short side, the balcony may be a good thing!!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Agreed with everyone. And, they actors are spread out everywhere. There were two up in the balcony sections, talking to guest and including them in the show too. Don't cancel, it's a great show!