PDA

View Full Version : WL or BW?

ANG
08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
How rustic do the rooms at the Wilderness Lodge feel?

I think our toddler would really enjoy the resort decor but I think I'd prefer a more "upscale" room.

We are also considering The Boardwalk.

Mousemates
08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
I would describe them as "Disney Rustic"...the theming certainly evokes the feel of some of the "real" lodges we have visited in the western mountain states, but the furnishings are a bit smoother and more refined. The rooms are fairly dark, but that is a plus to us since it lends itself to better sleeping.

We love the WL, but if you prefer an upscale feel then maybe the BW ....or even the CR....would be a better fit....the toddler will likely be equally happy at any choice you make.

VWL Mom
08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
BW would be my choice for the summer months but WL wins for the fall/winter months. Rustic yes, but as mousemates says more refined. Both have been refurbished within the last 5 years.

Probably more important is where you will be spending more time. If it's MK then I'd go WL. If your going for F&W and will be spending a lot of time at Epcot, BW is your best bet.

IMO you can't go wrong with either but WL is more toddler friendly.

BrerGnat
08-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Are you talking about the villas? Or, the regular resorts?

I much prefer the WL to the BW. Just stayed at BWI in May and I was actually quite disappointed in the room itself. It was pretty worn and shabby feeling. Not "luxurious" at all. Felt OLD, which I know is partly the theme, but I'm not into antiques and stuff, so it just came off as old to me. :blush: The room was rather worn down though, and we were in a Club Level room. I love the Beach Club, and love that area, but the Boardwalk just didn't do it for me. WL is one of my "all time favorites" and I don't find the decor rustic at all. I would describe the Alligator Bayou at POR like that, but not the WL.

That said, I am 100% turned off by the decor in the WL Villas. I don't think I could stomach those rooms for a week...

How do you feel when you look at the pictures of each?

darthmacho
08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't think the decor at WL was at all "rustic", more like "evoking woodsy"...LOL. Anyway, if you're talking about the resort rather than the villas, I've heard others complain about the size of the WL rooms. It wasn't a problem for us.

IMHO, Wilderness Lodge is the best resort ever. :mickey: