PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Logo

darthmacho
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't know if this is this year's logo, or one from years past, but I just saw a logo for Epcot's Food and Wine Festival that was awesome. I wasn't sure if a link would be appropriate, so I'll describe it...

The E is a fork entwined with noodles.
The P is a pair of chopsticks holding sushi.
The C is a croissant.
The O is a tomato...I think?
The T is a corkscrew. (This one is my favorite.)

Brilliant!!!!

Anyway, is this the logo for this year's event?
Also, what does everyone else think of this logo, past or present? :mickey:

Melanie
08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I believe this is last year's logo. I haven't seen one for this year yet.

I think the O is a grape???

darthmacho
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for adding the photo. Come to think of it, I think I recall seeing this before. It is brilliant in any case. I think you are right about that being a grape too.

hoop de do
08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I'll go along with the grape but usually grapes do not have a leaf on the stem.
It is a great logo.

VWL Mom
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I think the O may be an olive. Both Italian and Greek olives have a purplish tone and they do have leaves.

snowflakegirl
08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
VWL Mom - My first thought was an olive, too. Although grape makes sense with the "wine". I think I've seen a similar logo to this in the past. Either way, I think it's great!

KylesMom
08-18-2011, 02:10 PM
I received my F&W Festival 22-page booklet in the mail earlier this week, and the logo appears to be something much more generic this year - a nametag with a string through it? Not nearly as creative as last year's!

KylesMom
08-18-2011, 04:28 PM
This year's logo from the materials I've received:

Melanie
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Blah, very bland indeed!

I moved this summer, and I guess my booklet hasn't caught up to me yet. Hopefully I get it soon!

Thanks for posting Carol! :thumbsup:

smcd
08-19-2011, 07:34 PM
The "food" logo has been around a couple of years I think . I made a cake for a friend and re-created the logo in fondant - She always goes to the food and wine events.

I thought the "o" was actually a cherry! That's the way I made it...(the wine openner looked really cute on the cake 3D)