PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Counter Service?

TexasPrincessAurora
08-15-2011, 03:23 PM
What is your favorite counter service restaurant at each park? And your favorite thing to eat there?

McLiberal8
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
MK: Cosmic Rays - I love the veggie burger, and they have an awesome fixin's bar with sauteed mushrooms and onions!

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons is AWESOME - I get the veggie cuban, and DON'T LEAVE without trying the strawberry shortcake!

HS: I have never done CS here, as I love the table service options in this park. But I suggest a stop at The Writers Stop - they have a carrot cake cookie that is worth seeking out.

AK: Sorry, I'm no help here - I am never in the park long enough to hit a mealtime...

buzznwoodysmom
08-15-2011, 04:31 PM
MK- we love Casey's Corner and Columbia Harbour House

Epcot-Sunshine Season and almost anything in World Showcase

DHS - Nothing

AK - Yak and Yeti and Flame Tree BBQ

Our favorite counter service in all of WDW is Wolf Gang Puck Express at Downtown Disney.

Bay Lake
08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
MK- Columbia Harbor House- Fried Shrimp platter and clam chowder

EP- Yakitori House- Tonosama Teriyaki Combo

HS- ABC Commissary- Chicken Blue

AK- Flame Tree BBQ- 1/2 rack of ribs

LudwigVonDrake
08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
AK: Flame Tree - Pulled pork sandwich
MK: Cosmic Ray's - Angus cheeseburger

I tend to do table service in DHS and Epcot.

:tasty: :eat:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-15-2011, 05:25 PM
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express-pizzas and creme brulee (gonna try the meatloaf next trip)
AK-Flametree BBQ-BBQ ribs
DHS-Starring rolls-Turkey on Foccacia and gourmet pastries
Epcot-Uk-Fish n Chips
MK-Peco's Bills-burgers with all the fixins

disneymom15
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
MK- Columbia Harbor House (tuna sandwich)
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons
DTD- Wolfgang Puck express and Earl of Sandwich

disneygnome
08-15-2011, 06:34 PM
MK: Cosmic Rays, turkey sandwich
E: China has the best orange chicken I have ever had. I have cravings for it when I am not in Disney and I have never found anything as good!
AK: Yak and Yeti- sweet and sour chicken
HS:Backlot Commissary- lots of different things

AllDisney
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Epcot = Fish & Chips

Tinkerbella16
08-15-2011, 09:05 PM
MK- Columbia Harbour House- Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich on whole grain bread yummmm!!!

Epcot- Sunshine Seasons- i usually pick something different when I go but strawberry shortcake for dessert is a MUST! :mickey:

DHS- ABC Commissary- Burger and fries.. gotta have that classic wdw burger & fries once during my trip! lol

AK- Flame Tree BBQ- Anything!!! everythings so gooood!!! :mickey:

Ooook its 9pm and im hungry.. not good!

barnaby
08-15-2011, 11:09 PM
MK - Burger at Pecos Bills
Epcot - Pork chop at Sunshine Seasons
HS - Ham sandwich at Starring Rolls
AK - Burger at Restaurantosaurus

Lovin'ThatMouse
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
My favs:
MK Pecos Bills: great fixings bar
Cosmic Rays: great variety for adults and kids

EP Electric Umbrella: good burgers and seating

DHS Pizza Planet: love the TS theme and good pizza

AK Pizzafari: good sandwiches and INDOOR seating

DTD Earl of Sandwich: great variety of hot and cold sandwiches

crltkcagle
08-26-2011, 11:11 PM
MK- Pecos Bill

Epcot- Sunshine Seasons

HS- Pizza Planet

AK- Flametree BBQ

snowflakegirl
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays! I usually get a burger becuase i LOVE their fixins' bar.

Epcot - Yakitori House or Tangierine Cafe. At Yakitori House I usually get a combination platter and a miso soup. At the Tangierine Cafe I get the Chicken Shawarma Platter.

Animal Kingdom - We don't usually do two meals at AK, and we often do our table service for lunch, so I don't have a favorite CS. But if I'm there for a CS meal, I'm thinking I'll try Flame Tree BBQ.

DHS - I'm not a huge fan of the CS options at DHS, but I do enjoy the BUffalo Chicken Sandwhich at Studio Catering Company.

IamBelle
08-31-2011, 03:10 PM
MK-My new favorite it Colombia Harbor House, which I tried for the first time last week! I really enjoyed the Lighthouse sandwich with hummus and broccoli slaw! The apple crisp is also really good and is a different dessert from the normal chocolate cake found everywhere else!

AK-I have 2 for AK, For Breakfast, it is Pizzafari. I usually get the breakfast pizza, but when I went there recently, that was no longer on the menu! I tried the breakfast panini, and it was amazing!! It has egg whites, ham, tomato, and provolone.
For lunch/dinner, I love Flame Tree BBQ's pulled pork sandwich!!

DHS-I haven't really ate a lot of counter services at DHS, but I like ABC Commissary. I like the atmosphere and the food is really good!

Epcot-This is the park that is really difficult for me to choose just one!! I have tried food from all of the countries, and do not have one complaint about any of them!! I will say my favorite would have to be the Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco. The lamb and chicken combo is delicious!! I also love the baklava!!

darthmacho
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
MK: Tough choice, as I've had good meals at many of the counter service places here, but I think I'll have to say Cosmic Ray's since I've had a good experience at least once per trip there!

Epcot: Here we usually do sit-downs, but I'll go with Sunshine Seasons for counter service. Good variety, and tasty.

DHS: Slim pickings, but we had a good lunch at ABC Commissary once - no, really, we did!

AK: We had a nice breakfast at Pizzafari last trip, and we had a good dinner there in 2003. The murals on the wall are worth the visit.

DisneyMom12
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
MK: Columbia Harbor House,Tuna sandwich, and clam chowder.
EC: Sunshine Seasons, A lot of good things.
HS:Backlot Express, Grilled Turkey and Cheese.
DTD:Earl of Sandwich, A lot of good things.

iceicebritney
08-31-2011, 04:51 PM
I love Pizza Planet in DHS. I just love the Pizza there and all the "crane games."

I also love Cosmic Rays in the MK. It has everything you could possibly want. Chicken, Salads, you name it!

In EPCOT I could eat at every country's CS. There is not a bad choice in World Showcase. If I had to pick one of them, it would be France for the pastries:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-01-2011, 08:42 AM
We eat so very few CS meals at any of the parks, so it's hard to say!

MK-I think we've eaten at Casey's once, and Cosmic Ray's once. They were both average.

Epcot-this is the exception-loved pretty much all the offerings at Sunshine Seasons, and their dessert options are phenomenal!

DHS-we've eaten at Pizza Planet and Backlot express, but again..average.

AK-have only eaten at Pizzafari. Same old thing.

We take our CS meals and head downtown and go to Earl! We do that a few times during our weeklong trips we love it so much.

Butters
09-01-2011, 11:13 AM
MK - Casey's, I love the cheese sauce

EP - Four Seasons, try something different every time

HS - Pizza Planet

AK - Flame Tree, pulled pork

minnie-mouse
09-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Cosmic Ray's burgers, for sure!

disneydeb
09-04-2011, 10:08 AM
While at DS we like Pizza Planet, ABC commisary or Starring Rolls.

MK:Casey's or Pecos Bill's

AK: Flamng Tree although the last couple of times we were not as impressed.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons in FW
anywhere in WS

Darbylew
09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
MK - Peco Bill's or Comic Ray's
AK - Flame tree or Pizzafari
Epcot - Lotus Cafe in China or Electric umbrella
DS - Backlot Express - Pizza Planet

johnO
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
MK: Pecos Bill's

Epcot: Cantina de San Angel

DHS: Pizza Planet

AK: Not sure, Ive never had Flame Tree, but people seem to like it alot

DTD: Earl of Sandwich

JerseyDad
09-04-2011, 11:27 PM
......based on "bang for your buck"..... I'd say it would be Wolfgang Puck's Express in Downtown Disney. They bring the food to your table....so it borders on being table service.....and the choices are tasty and well prepared.

AmandaChan
10-04-2011, 11:49 PM
AK - Flame Tree BBQ - sandwiches are sooo good.

MK - Casey's and their corn dog nuggets dipped in mustard. But I really like the Bakery although that doesn't really count.

Epcot - Marrekesh (sp). You get awesome portions and I love me some couscous!

DHS - that's tricky. We ate at backlot this time and I didn't think it was TOO bad. Can't go wrong some pizza at pizzafari.

minnie-mouse
10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Cosmic Rays - MK! I don't know what it is but every time I am in MK, I crave a blast-off burger! :thumbsup:

Mackflava99
10-10-2011, 12:45 PM
AK - Flame Tree Barbeque -
MK - Columbia Harbor House
DS - Back Lot Express
EP - SunShine Seasons

Flame tree is alot of food, great value,
Columbia harbour house, excellent tuna, and great atmosphere UPSTAIRS.
Back Lot is a very good value
Sunshine is a welcome change to counter food.

Disneywarrior
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
MK- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Ep- Sunshine Seasons

HS- Backlot Express

AK- Flame Tree BBQ

lovin'fl
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Epcot- Tangierine Cafe
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
Downtown D- Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of sandwich

These are the MUST dos for us.

5MemphisTiggers
10-15-2011, 01:02 AM
MK: Pecos Bill's. Just a burger and fries, but we love eating over there. The Fixin's Bar is great. (Plus it's close to POTC and HM!)

EPCOT: Hard to pick just one, but I would pick Sommerfest in Germany. Brats and sauerkraut, and Bavarian cheesecake :thumbsup:

HS: Not much here that I like. Pizza Planet if I have to eat.

AK: Yak & Yeti's CS. Crispy honey chicken, pork spring rolls and a frozen lemonade. Mmmmm, Mmmmm!

DTD: Earl of Sandwich.

Giselle
10-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Going to the World in 3 days!!!! I can't wait to get to the Harbor House and get a hummus sandwich
(I forgot the exact name). That restaurant is never overcrowded and service is fast. There is something there fore everyone. Great place for a quiet break from the hustle and bustle.

TinkerbellT421
10-15-2011, 06:19 PM
MK - Columbia Harbor House (clam chowder and chicken nuggest fingers thing with fries, YUMMY)

AK - Flametree BBQ (Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches were unbelievable)

Epcot - Yorkshire English Fish and Chips....I think its over in UK at Epcot (fish and chips are to die for)

DHS - ABC Commissary (Varies)

jnfr2424
10-16-2011, 10:30 AM
MK-Columbia Harbor House for either the Tuna or Shrimpb

EC- a toss up between Electric Umbrella (I just rediscovered this spot and the hamburgers are HUGE! ) and the fish shop in Uk (6 weeks is not passing fast enough ready for some more!!!

HS- never ad a bad meal at ABC commissonary

AK Flame tree had this for Thanksgiving one year and thought it was better than TS