PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Myrtle Beach

cspenc28
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
So DH and I are spending Christmas with his family this year. In the past we have stayed at a hotel in the town his grandmother lives, however the 2 hotels in that whole town are rather gross and we really don't want to stay in either of those. So we decided to stay in Myrtle Beach this year, it’s not that far of a drive to his grandmother's house.
My question is does anyone know of a hotel that they would recommend? I have a phobia of germs in hotels (I usually wipe/spray everything down with Lysol), so the hotel would have to be clean and maybe a jetted tub/whirlpool (not a necessity) in the bathroom.
And before you ask, no room at his grandmother's house, most of the family crashes there and that leaves no room for us (which we are not upset about at all, I'd rather stay at a hotel).
Any help would be great! Thanks!

LittleRoosMommy
08-15-2011, 04:30 PM
There are several Marriott properties in MB... all of them are really nice....

We stay at OceanWatch Villas every summer... it's their Vacation Club property... There is a full service Marriott right next door to the MVC.

I guess it depends on whether you want oceanfront or not... but definitely check out the Marriott website...

big blue and hairy
08-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Check out Island Vista. They have anything froma hotel room,to 2-3 bedrooms. Very nice for the price, oceanfront, great pool (probably too cold, but you never know).

:sulley:

Jfamily
08-15-2011, 06:34 PM
We have stayed at the Seamist. Its a great place, they have different styles of room.

Tink#64
08-16-2011, 12:14 AM
We have stayed at The Breakers twice & really enjoyed it!
The Paradise Tower is the newest & nicest building, suites available, direct oceanfront, located at 29th & Ocean Blvd, just blocks away from Broadway at the Beach. I'm not sure how long you'll be staying, but you can also find Breakers units available through VRBO, individually owned units or book through the resort. We've gotten some great rates through the VRBO site! :thumbsup:

cspenc28
08-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone...I'll definitely look into all of your suggestions. If anyone else has a suggestion, let me know.

IamaDisneyFan
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
We stayed at Dunes Village and loved it. They have studios to 3 bedrooms, full kitchen, oceanfront/view, indoor waterparks, and jetted tubs in the bathroom. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Captains Quarters resort is nice we stayed there in June are headed back there labor day.

cardinalsfan_98
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
We've stayed at Sea Watch Resort and love it.:thumbsup:

Jezzup
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Another vote for Dunes Village Resort. It is located in a quiet, mostly residential area. I've also heard good things about Island Vista.