PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic: WDW vs. DL

gregf71
08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Being from So Cal, I have enjoyed Fantasmic at Disneyland many times. My wife and I saw it at WDW during our last visit (almost 10 years ago) and from my recollection I didn't think that it was as good as at Disneyland. Maybe there was some home park preference there, I don't know.

Has the WDW Fantasmic been updated since 2001, similar to how we got an updated dragon?

Has anyone here seen both shows and if so, how would you rank them?

BrerGnat
08-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Same here. Disneyland was our home for many, many years. WDW's Fantasmic, to me, was uninspiring, borderline boring, and overly theatrical with no real substance. Plus, the whole Pocahantas scene just bothers me...I don't know. Don't feel like seeing people being shot off cliffs with arrows while I'm at Disney.

Disneyland's has the Peter Pan scene on the Columbia which is amazing, and the use of the dragon and the real steamboat at the end are what puts it over the top. I also like the intimate feel of Disneyland's version. Nothing better than being up front and close to the water like that.

azcavalier
08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I have only seen each once. I have only been to DL once...back on our first wedding anniversary in 1996. It was a great show. We had seats right up by the fence by the river. We loved it.

Now, as we live on the east coast, we go to WDW every year. A few years ago when we went for our anniversary, we did the Fantasmic Dinner package. We both felt that the show just wasn't nearly as good as the DL version. Maybe its that it has it's own theater, instead of using what was already in the park. I don't know. It just felt disjointed, without purpose, and it drug on. It was almost like it was a commercial for every animated Disney movie ever made. Maybe there was too much. We just didn't care for it, and aren't planning on going back to the WDW version.

Silver_Surfer
08-16-2011, 10:47 AM
WDW ftw. I also have been to DL too many times to count but for me DL cannot touch WDW in any aspect

houseofmouse103
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Disneyland's Fantasmic is hands down way better than the one at Hollywood Studios. The Columbia & Peter Pan Pan, :thumbsup:, just my :twocents:

Jeff
08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
I have seen the WDW version many, many times.
I just saw the Disneyland version for the second time two weeks ago....

Without question the Disneyland version is by far my favorite.

boston2k11
08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
This is one of my favorite things:thumbsup:Love that show

Aurora
08-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I had seen the WDW version first, multiple times, and I always thought the show was ... really good. Enjoyable. Fun. Exciting in some parts.

When we saw it at DL, I was blown away. There is definitely something about watching it right there in the middle of the park that gives it a whole extra WOW factor. Especially the dragon. It's beautiful.

At WDW it looks like a great show. At DL it feels like ... magic.

Kenny1113
08-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Good to know. I have only seen the DL version. I have not wanted to deal with the crowds to see the show @ WDW. We will wait until DL. :)

seanyred
08-18-2011, 10:33 AM
DL version is much better. I have only seen it once and the WDW version several times. The only down side DL has is no actual seats (unless you get that yummy dessert package).

That being said I still find the WDW enjoyable so I'd still take that show in once a year either way.